[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Sheep/Ram Quotes:

Sheep Mode:

Wilson: They make me feel sleepy

Willow: Cotton. Very flammable.

Wolfgang: Puny baby animal.

WX-78: DOCILE MAMMAL. HARD TO FRIGHTEN.

Wendy: Ignorance. The worst kind of darkness.

Wickerbottom: Reminds me of my days on the farm.

Maxwell: I'd hate to be near them when they're in a bad mood.

Woodie: Ooh! Muttonchops!

Ram Mode:

Wilson: Electrifiying!

Willow: Shouldn't have charged him up.

Wolfgang: Baby animal mad!

WX-78: APPARENTLY EASY TO ANGER.

Wendy: Raises electricity for vile means. (another shakespear quote! Obviously different, though.)

Wickerbottom: An agitated electric ovis aries.

Maxwell: I should keep a distance back from that animal.

Woodie: Looks like i'm in trouble now. Oops.

A crafting recipe for the cloud wool would be the floating straw/woollen roll/tent which would have a higher sanity boost and dampened hunger loss. And when the Cloud Rams are killed, they should drop lighting rods, which would summon rain and lightning at the cost of sanity. (about -30).

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy
  • Like 1

Could you make a way to make the shopkeep spawn outside of the shop? I wanted to download this and get the shopkeep to work on a pre-existing world.

Well a functional version of the mod will be up eventually... Currently I haven't finished implementing the shopkeeper anyways, so there would be very little to see.

You could always enable console and do DebugSpawn("shopkeeper") using the mod, in a worst case scenario.

• Like 2

The question was to everyone really.

Oh. uhmm,

BEAN GIANT QUOTES!

Wilson: Probably didn't like me planting it's cousin.

Willow: Gardening. Taken to the extreme.

Wolfgang: Plant thing seeks vengeance!

WX-78: MUTATED PLANT MATTER.

Wendy: Such a demented beast.

Wickerbottom. Could this be the by-product of the beanstalk?

Woodie: Run, Lucy! We can't chop this down!

Maxwell: I shouldn't have buried one of his brothers alive. 

Drop ideas for bean giant:

1 humoungous bud

10 pinecones

4 nightmare fuel.

2 thycelium (or whatever it is that ruins gem is called.

The humoungous bud could be used to craft a few things:

Carrot Multiplier

x1 Humoungous bud x4 living logs x2 carrots

Works like a farm, but grows carrots.

Greenhouse

Humoungous bud x1 stone x14 beard hair x3 Manure x9

Very fast cultivation!

Spore mines (x7)

humoungous bud x1 x4 of each mushroom, spider gland x1

A trap that set monsters to sleep.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Nice. I have a few questions though.

1: Why does he have a flag with a picture of fire on his umbrella?

2: Why does he have skelly hands?

3: Where did he get those stylish heels? (Just joking, don't actually wear high heels.)

4: Why did you allow yourself to get so hungry?

5: HIS COAT IS SO SHINY!!!!!!!

Though really, great job. I couldn't do a better picture. 

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Nice. I have a few questions though.

1: Why does he have a flag with a picture of fire on his umbrella?

2: Why does he have skelly hands?

3: Where did he get those stylish heels? (Just joking, don't actually wear high heels.)

4: Why did you allow yourself to get so hungry?

5: HIS COAT IS SO SHINY!!!!!!!

Though really, great job. I couldn't do a better picture. 

1: No time to eat while writing lua. ;)

2-5: I didn't do his art, KleiEntertainment did. I'm just using theirs, since its convenient.

And if you already have someone filling the role of making the character quotes for the new stuff, could i have that position?

Currently @Luggs is writing the strings, but you're more than welcome to post your ideas anyways. If people like them, they'll be implemented.

On a note for @simplex, I've successfully gotten custom prefabs to spawn naturally in the world. Thanks @Ipsquiggle for the ability to define prefabs for worldgen.

Uhhm, crafting recipies? Is anyone doing that atm?

No recipes to code yet, unfortunately. Eventually! Feel free to leave suggestions for us in the meanwhile though. I go through and read every post at least once, so it will certainly be seen.

So going over cloud sheep trying to figure out how to smooth the transformation to Storm Rams. The best way I can figure is, using the Beefalo model, make the Cloud Sheep the "naked" Beefalo and the Storm Ram being the furry Beefalo. When the static transformation occurs, the "regrow hair" animation plays. Of course, this brings up the issue of when we shave the Cloud Sheep that we can't tell if they're shaved or not since they're using the naked beefalo parts of the animation.

So going over cloud sheep trying to figure out how to smooth the transformation to Storm Rams. The best way I can figure is, using the Beefalo model, make the Cloud Sheep the "naked" Beefalo and the Storm Ram being the furry Beefalo. When the static transformation occurs, the "regrow hair" animation plays. Of course, this brings up the issue of when we shave the Cloud Sheep that we can't tell if they're shaved or not since they're using the naked beefalo parts of the animation.

Perhaps there is a way to copy the way regrow hair animation and use it for the transformation, leaving the original regrow hair animation for it actually regrowing wool. I haven't done much with animations, so I'm not certain.

Looks good, @debugman18! I'll jump into the code as soon as I'm able to.This thread is getting biiiig! Though an artist making concept art would help a great deal (well, will, @lifemare should be around by the end of the week).

Yeah, the thread has gotten quite expansive.

I'm really looking forward to that concept art, too. It should help us form pretty solid ideas, as well.

Oh, by the way, @tehMugwump is there any way you could capitalize the "u" in "up" in the thread title and lowercase the "a" in "And"? Or is it stuck that way? :p

Perhaps there is a way to copy the way regrow hair animation and use it for the transformation, leaving the original regrow hair animation for it actually regrowing wool. I haven't done much with animations, so I'm not certain.

The animations can be used regardless of the current build. In fact, you don't even need to change builds after the hair regrow animation plays.

For example, here are the Beefalo animations, all under a single build (the standard Beefalo build, partially modded for the snailking), which I did* for the snailking mod:

And this is the atlas used for it:

Posted Image

As you can see, the actual image frames depend on the build (and in this atlas were kept as the default ones). So it's quite straightforward (from a programming perspective) to use the hair growth animation more than once, with different visual effects: we just need two builds, drawing one set of frames in each.

* I did the animation test (the code framework for it and the actual test/recording). The art is all due to lifemare and MilleniumCount, of course.

obs: The standard build may have frames for a shaved beefalo, but those are only used for transitioning into the shaved build, which has its own atlas.

Edited by simplex