[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Does this mean I could make some more QUOTES???

Airdvaark

Wilson: Winged anteaters. Go figure

Willow: I wonder if it could kill the lionant. (This should be an actual mechanic of the airdvark.)

Wolfgang: Ant-killy thing looks tasty!

WX-78: A FLYING EXTERMINATOR. VERY USEFUL.

Wendy: It will bring about the doom of the insect population.

Wickerbottom: (I have no ideas.)

Woodie: I have no idea what type of bugs would live up here.

Maxwell: I should show it to the antlion.

Is there going to be a special bird in the world above? I mean not the duckraptor, but more like the crows from the normal world, that would drop special feathers to make special darts. 

Not sure yet.

Also, added basic functionality to what we have. It's not complete, but the sheep act like sheep, and the electric sheep, well, they're mean. I haven't figured out how to make them chase you with being attacked first, though.

Not sure yet. Also, added basic functionality to what we have. It's not complete, but the sheep act like sheep, and the electric sheep, well, they're mean. I haven't figured out how to make them chase you with being attacked first, though.

I know next to nothing about code. But I imagine look at Beefalo in heat? They attack when you get too close. And. Completely minor thing. See if we can get them to do a rook style charge. Again. Completely minor.

I know next to nothing about code. But I imagine look at Beefalo in heat? They attack when you get too close. And. Completely minor thing. See if we can get them to do a rook style charge. Again. Completely minor.

They do charge. ;)

Edit: Got the aggresiveness to function properly, now. Those things... Stay away from those things.

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 2

Silly idea. (Not to be taken seriously.)Shopkeeper's repeatable egg gathering quest. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what he gives you and couldn't think of anything. So I decide to do stupid ideas. I came up with this silly idea that every item was a reference to us. Luggs's Lyra: Talks. Shoots projectile musical notes that can put enemies to sleep.Debug's ERROR sword: Strong as tentacle spike, durability of a gold axe.MC's Hammerbrush (i couldn't resist the joke.): functions as a hammer. Right click makes you "paint" a pomegranate.Willette's Stylus: Right click forces transformations. (Sheep become rams, bunnies become beardlings, pigs become werepigs etc.)Simplex's Throwing Triangle: A boomerang that is auto caught. Lifemare's LC dart :a blowdart that consumes slurtle slime every use. Slows enemies as though they're on spider creep.A silly idea I felt like sharing.

• Like 2

Silly idea. (Not to be taken seriously.)Shopkeeper's repeatable egg gathering quest. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what he gives you and couldn't think of anything. So I decide to do stupid ideas. I came up with this silly idea that every item was a reference to us.Luggs's Lyra: Talks. Shoots projectile musical notes that can put enemies to sleep.Debug's ERROR sword: Strong as tentacle spike, durability of a gold axe.MC's Hammerbrush (i couldn't resist the joke.): functions as a hammer. Right click makes you "paint" a pomegranate.Willette's Stylus: Right click forces transformations. (Sheep become rams, bunnies become beardlings, pigs become werepigs etc.)Simplex's Throwing Triangle: A boomerang that is auto caught.Lifemare's LC dart :a blowdart that consumes slurtle slime every use. Slows enemies as though they're on spider creep.

And at a desperate attempt to get referenced in the game,

Kidney's beanboy: sprouts a neutral-friendly bean giant baby (bean baby?) when planted in a turbo farm and grown to maturity. 

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Silly idea. (Not to be taken seriously.)Shopkeeper's repeatable egg gathering quest. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what he gives you and couldn't think of anything. So I decide to do stupid ideas. I came up with this silly idea that every item was a reference to us.Luggs's Lyra: Talks. Shoots projectile musical notes that can put enemies to sleep.Debug's ERROR sword: Strong as tentacle spike, durability of a gold axe.MC's Hammerbrush (i couldn't resist the joke.): functions as a hammer. Right click makes you "paint" a pomegranate.Willette's Stylus: Right click forces transformations. (Sheep become rams, bunnies become beardlings, pigs become werepigs etc.)Simplex's Throwing Triangle: A boomerang that is auto caught.Lifemare's LC dart :a blowdart that consumes slurtle slime every use. Slows enemies as though they're on spider creep.

And at a desperate attempt to get referenced in the game,

Kidney's beanboy: sprouts bean giant babies (bean babies?) around you in a circleA silly idea I felt like sharing.

Those aren't making it into the mod, Kidney. :p

On a side note, implementing some kind of mod credits button sounds like a fantastic idea.

• Like 1

Those aren't making it into the mod, Kidney. :p On a side note, implementing some kind of mod credits button sounds like a fantastic idea.

On a side note, the force transformation thing would be a good command for modders making were creatures.

Oh, speaking of things that probably aren't gonna be implemented, I found this on the brainstorm docs.
]Skylemming?[
Passive mob that runs away from all mobs and after a day or two after spawning, jumps of the side of the skyland, and falls to the ground. (a random place near the beanstalk, but not really close. like 5-10 meters
Drops: Suicidal pelt x1- You place it near a group of items as turf, and 3 days after it’s placed, it dissapears and takes everything in a 5-turf radius with it. (inlcudes mobs, structures, and turf. excludes cave entrances, beanstalks, and other essential items.)
]Morsel x2

Sorry about the random parentheses, I had an issue with bbcode mode.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

BTW for the pickable cloud item there's a snowball model that can be used as a base. Also as stated on Willette's thread, the Damaged Bishop is perfect to model the Duckraptor on.And will the Stram(?) move faster than the normal beefalo when charging at you?

For the idiots (in other words me) who have no idea what that means or how to do it.

Things like this:

local function SetGuardPig(inst)    inst:RemoveTag("werepig")    inst:AddTag("guard")    local brain = require "brains/pigguardbrain"    inst:SetBrain(brain)    inst:SetStateGraph("SGpig")    inst.AnimState:SetBuild(inst.build)        inst.components.werebeast:SetOnNormalFn(SetGuardPig)    inst.components.sleeper:SetResistance(3)    inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(TUNING.PIG_GUARD_HEALTH)    inst.components.combat:SetDefaultDamage(TUNING.PIG_GUARD_DAMAGE)    inst.components.combat:SetAttackPeriod(TUNING.PIG_GUARD_ATTACK_PERIOD)    inst.components.combat:SetKeepTargetFunction(GuardKeepTargetFn)    inst.components.combat:SetRetargetFunction(1, GuardRetargetFn)    inst.components.combat:SetTarget(nil)    inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = TUNING.PIG_RUN_SPEED    inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = TUNING.PIG_WALK_SPEED   	 inst.components.sleeper:SetSleepTest(GuardShouldSleep)    inst.components.sleeper:SetWakeTest(GuardShouldWake)   	 inst.components.lootdropper:SetLoot({})    inst.components.lootdropper:AddRandomLoot("meat",3)    inst.components.lootdropper:AddRandomLoot("pigskin",1)    inst.components.lootdropper.numrandomloot = 1   	 inst.components.trader:Enable()    inst.Label:Enable(true)    inst.components.talker:StopIgnoringAll()    inst.components.follower:SetLeader(nil)end

are responsible for changing forms of an entity. SetGuardPig() can be called to initiate the transformation.

• Like 1

Again with the ideas!!

I've yet too see a mod that uses the code for the obelisk to do something brilliant.

Maybe we could add a type of wall that could go down/become destructable during static fluxes?

(btw is there a youtube video/steam prototype mod anywhere that I could see some of the mobs/events ingame?)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Again with the ideas!!

I've yet too see a mod that uses the code for the obelisk to do something brilliant.

Maybe we could add a type of wall that could go down/become destructable during static fluxes?

(btw is there a youtube video/steam prototype mod anywhere that I could see some of the mobs/events ingame?)

There is a prealpha version of the mod on the first post.

A silly suggestion, how about a rare occurence of a falling star, that would constantly shine and light up the area but emit a freezing aura? And it would charge like a heatstone from being near fire or in daylight.

Edited by GTG3000

Collaborations like this always move really fast.  Remember the Supermod?

I do. :3

(Sorry for dragging up an old post, reading through the whole thing and I couldn't resist).

EDIT - I got bored last night and drew this. I'm not sure where you are on the Bean Giant, but this doodle became it. so I've uploaded it for the better artists to draw inspiration should they wish.

Posted Image

Edited by ArcticFox789
  • Like 1

I do. :3

(Sorry for dragging up an old post, reading through the whole thing and I couldn't resist).

EDIT - I got bored last night and drew this. I'm not sure where you are on the Bean Giant, but this doodle became it. so I've uploaded it for the better artists to draw inspiration should they wish.

Posted Image

Is he wearing a shelmet?

I finally caught up with the thread! So much to do, both around here and in the snailking mod!

You know how the regular world has seasons, and the ruins have the nightmare mechanic? Well, the static mechanic was suggested some 10 or so pages ago. Basically, it would be like a small segment of the day, where things around the world would change. Sheep would turn into Electric Sheep, and so on and so forth. Including the skyflowers turning into datura (or something, that isn't set in stone.)

I was actually thinking of making it a random process. We'd have two (initially, possibly adding more) states: charged and uncharged. Each one would have a "probability density" of transitioning to the other state. The chance for a state to remain the same would decay exponentially with time. That way we'd add unpredictability to the static mechanic, while also keeping it controlled "on average" by choosing the probabilities.

Math-savvy readers might notice what I'm suggesting is a Markov Chain, or more precisely a Continuous-time Markov Chain.

wow, this project seems massive beyond anything ever thought of....

or maybe it's all the pages....

Massive, you say?

Posted Image

I know. It's just that, holy crap, where do I start...

I'll update some of it for the moment, I suppose. (But man... 33 pages.)

Yes, we need to organize this. My suggestion is to adopt what's suggested in the GNU Coding Standards: we'd keep a ChangeLog file giving a high-level view of code changes, and a NEWS file describing what's been done in a "human readable" form (i.e., not talking about code directly). The NEWS file could even be formatted using BBCodes, so that we could just create a News section in the OP of this thread and update it by copy-pasting the file's contents. Both files would be kept in the Git repo, updated by all as changes are made, otherwise things become quite unwieldly (as they have).

Silly idea. (Not to be taken seriously.)

Shopkeeper's repeatable egg gathering quest. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what he gives you and couldn't think of anything. So I decide to do stupid ideas. I came up with this silly idea that every item was a reference to us.

Luggs's Lyra: Talks. Shoots projectile musical notes that can put enemies to sleep.

Debug's ERROR sword: Strong as tentacle spike, durability of a gold axe.

MC's Hammerbrush (i couldn't resist the joke.): functions as a hammer. Right click makes you "paint" a pomegranate.

Willette's Stylus: Right click forces transformations. (Sheep become rams, bunnies become beardlings, pigs become werepigs etc.)

Simplex's Throwing Triangle: A boomerang that is auto caught.

Lifemare's LC dart :a blowdart that consumes slurtle slime every use. Slows enemies as though they're on spider creep.

A silly idea I felt like sharing.

Why is my item the only boring one? :(
  • Like 2