[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

More worked out....at least somehow

Oh! I thought your previous sketch was from a Lil' Beanclops, not the actual Beanclops!

That does look very doable!

EDIT: and instead of the Knight the little guys could be based on a tallbird baby the way you drew them! Thumbs up!

Edited by lifemare

I was thinking of something cuter like this:

Posted Image

Though they'd have zero animations like that...

Maybe something in between?

Idea. A single "bean" as the spring part. The other parts act as the pod. When it hops, the bean is temporarily suspended in air before the pod pieces close around it again.
  • Like 1

Ah yes, the characters!  I have an idea, but I don't have access to my computer ATM...I think it should come as a pleasant surprise.

Ah,

now we have this suspense!

Hmmm,

Smallbirds for the Beansprouts and Deerclops for the Beanclops...it is worth futher investigation.

I also like Luggs idea of the jumping Bean Knight combination!

More worked out....at least somehow

Posted Image

Ahahahaha, I love it - it looks so goofy! You'd never expect something like that to be a big threat. xD

I was thinking of something cuter like this:

Posted Image

Though they'd have zero animations like that...

Maybe something in between?

ASDF

OH MY GOSH.

I AM DEAD.

YOU HAVE KILLED ME.

YOU HAVE KILLED ME WITH CUTENESS.

These look like such a great friendly mob! Pod People! (Which is also a fantastic MST3K riff. ;P)

If you were heartless enough to kill one of them, all the little peas would have to pop out. Maybe you could collect those as food... a giant pea, with little crosses for eyes. So you feel bad about it. xP

• Like 3

Cool project. I'll try to offer suggestions while I can. 

Shame I missed the recruiting stage, looks like fun. :grin:

It never closed ArcticFox!

Everyone's chipping in on this... Welcome aboard! :grin:

Edited by lifemare

Ahahahaha, I love it - it looks so goofy! You'd never expect something like that to be a big threat. xDASDFOH MY GOSH.I AM DEAD.YOU HAVE KILLED ME.YOU HAVE KILLED ME WITH CUTENESS.These look like such a great friendly mob! Pod People! (Which is also a fantastic MST3K riff. ;P)If you were heartless enough to kill one of them, all the little peas would have to pop out. Maybe you could collect those as food... a giant pea, with little crosses for eyes. So you feel bad about it. xP

They're like small birds. They're cute now. But wait till they grow up...And lets not call them pod people. That means different things to different people. Edited by Luggs

I know. It's just that, holy crap, where do I start... I'll update some of it for the moment, I suppose. (But man... 33 pages.)

Start with the things we made big progress with. Cloud Sheep and Storm Rams. Skyflowers and Daturas. Rainbowcoons. Shopkeeper.

This thread's been too quiet...

I'm just going to leave this here:

Posted Image

Lol, an airdvark? I don't even know...

Also, I quite like the pace the mod is taking.

I've been playing around some with the mod, and have made a few small changes to prepare for the static mechanic. Mainly, sheep and electric sheep are in one prefab. Same goes for skyflowers and datura. This is so that I can just listen for an event, and transform the prefabs accordingly. I've also added skeleton code for the cloudbushes. Relatively soon there will be cloud cotton, and the sheep, electric sheep, skyflowers, and datura, will be functional. As in, they'll actually do things, and actually have proper loot. The recipes aren't implemented in any way, shape, or form yet, though. Soonish! We're at the point where the art is there, and the things need to work. (The mod would still be pre-alpha, even with everything we have right now implemented properly.)

Give it a shell and call it an airmidillo.

Posted Image

• Like 2