Sign in to follow this  
Conan14

Error: Module load error: undefined

Conan14    10

With the new update I am getting the "Error: Module load error: undefined" error. Just wanted to let you guys know. I was playing earlier on this update so it is weird that it randomly occurred. Also, I am still having viewing problems with the game, the click is misaligned and the screen is not filling my screen currently.Thanks!

With the new update I am getting the "Error: Module load error: undefined" error. Just wanted to let you guys know. I was playing earlier on this update so it is weird that it randomly occurred. Also, I am still having viewing problems with the game, the click is misaligned and the screen is not filling my screen currently.Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. :mad: It's really annoying.

Excess    53

It happened to me a couple of times. Every time it happened was because they updated something while I was playing. Actually, it's happening right now.

Alia    24

Heyas,We are continuing to look into this one, unfortunately its playing hard to get :( I'll let you know when we make some progress.Cheers,Alia

spawnorion    10

I have been having this problem for more than a week. It's annoying, especially since I wrote about it in the forum and never heard anything back on it. Starting to regret buying the game....

Heyas,We are continuing to look into this one, unfortunately its playing hard to get :( I'll let you know when we make some progress.Cheers,Alia

Excess    53

[...] Starting to regret buying the game....

...at half-price. With a second key gifted. Knowing that it is a beta, which, may I add, are widely know for being prone to errors.Give the guys a break, they are a small independent team pushing updates everyday. They'll figure this one out, have patience.

Corey    267

Hey everyone. First off, sorry for the slow replies! I actually just posted an update on why we've been taking our sweet time responding lately. You can get a general update here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?318-Don-t-Starve-Team-Update-Sorry-for-the-slow-responses!

Also, we're aware of this bug, but it has been really sneaky to track down. This issue is high on our priority list and we're trying to solve it. Expect an update on this shortly. Thank you for your patience!

I'm having the same problem. I always get "Error: Module load error: undefined" when I try to load the game. It happens everytime the bar reaches the end when loading static.zip. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and Chrome 21.0.1180.89.

So...How's that Module Crash error fix coming along?...Because I WANNA PLAY, DANGIT! XCBy the way, my PC is using a Radeon X1300/X1550 Series graphics card, so will it run the game?- Zero

Alia    24

Oh so very slowly. Native Client makes it a little more complicated than the same issues on a exe build. Its quite a bit harder to track down with no repro steps and no callstack! We will get it though!

NomadCF    9

I've only signed up to say i'm (we're, wife and I) having the same frig'gin error "Module load error: undefined". But mines comes up right after it finishes downloading string.zip.Now here's the kicker, the wife and I have Identical laptops, same version of chrome, same extensions. Hers works fine. I had her logon to my chrome. Game crashes the same way. I log into her chrome, game crashes. Yet her copy, on her account, on her laptop still *worked* fine. Until I tired and experiment. I Deleted her Chrome, user settings (profiles), registry settings, Made IE the default browser, then emptied the recycle bin, and finally rebooted. Then re-installed chrome, no plugins, had her sign into chrome, sync her profile (minus plugins). And then install the game. And the game crashes like mine on startup every time. The only I could make it work was to restore the laptop form ghost image I made right before I did this. And the game is playable for her again. I'm sad to say we she bought the game.

vadjok88    14

All I can add - it crashes right after loading the string.zip file! Same like NomadCF mentions in his description.I tried to reinstall Chrome - but didn't work as well. :)

I've tried clearing the cache many times, but I still get the error, so no luck there...Also, to Alia, if we put our spare key in after you guys release it on steam, will we still get a steam key?- Zero

NomadCF    9

Never I think I'd have to come back here, but here I am.

So while I was annoyed that my PC couldn't load the game. It was tolerable as my wife is the one who wanted the game it worded (past tense) for her. Until today, she tired to load it up and wham. She go it the module error on startup. I've tired removing all of chrome, reinstalling, clearing caches, tired chrome portable, and even as far as trying to load a ghost image from when it was working. All to no avail.

And while I can say "yea" it's a beta... Beta are meant to be at least somewhat functional from at least some margin of the time. And at least on 4 computers in are house it's not.

Those would now all include:

1. a brand new iMac

2. (2x) laptops (dell XPS 14)

3. a T310 poweredge server (running sbs2011)

Kevin    877

Hey NomadCF,

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. We are really banging our heads with this one. As Alia said earlier, Chrome Native Client is being... less than helpful when debugging the issue. It simply reports a crash, but steadfastly refuses to tell us where it happened.

The most frustrating part is that we very rarely see the issue on our own computers, and even when we do it does not seem to follow a pattern. We're trying to isolate the problem so that we can fix it, or at least work around it, but progress has been slow in coming. From our stats tracking, it looks like 10% of users are affected at least some of the time.

I apologise for the delay in fixing this issue. We *really* want people to play the game and enjoy it, and it's really frustrating to see that this bug is getting in the way of that. We will fix this bug - it's just a matter of time.

Never I think I'd have to come back here, but here I am.

So while I was annoyed that my PC couldn't load the game. It was tolerable as my wife is the one who wanted the game it worded (past tense) for her. Until today, she tired to load it up and wham. She go it the module error on startup. I've tired removing all of chrome, reinstalling, clearing caches, tired chrome portable, and even as far as trying to load a ghost image from when it was working. All to no avail.

And while I can say "yea" it's a beta... Beta are meant to be at least somewhat functional from at least some margin of the time. And at least on 4 computers in are house it's not.

Those would now all include:

1. a brand new iMac

2. (2x) laptops (dell XPS 14)

3. a T310 poweredge server (running sbs2011)

mbhc    10

...at half-price. With a second key gifted. Knowing that it is a beta, which, may I add, are widely know for being prone to errors.Give the guys a break, they are a small independent team pushing updates everyday. They'll figure this one out, have patience.

I totally agree. It sucks to lose your bee boxes, but don't bite the hands that made them. I just have to clear my cache, and I can play again, just without Willow and the bee boxes for a while.

jotson    10

Hey NomadCF,Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. We are really banging our heads with this one. As Alia said earlier, Chrome Native Client is being... less than helpful when debugging the issue. It simply reports a crash, but steadfastly refuses to tell us where it happened.The most frustrating part is that we very rarely see the issue on our own computers, and even when we do it does not seem to follow a pattern. We're trying to isolate the problem so that we can fix it, or at least work around it, but progress has been slow in coming. From our stats tracking, it looks like 10% of users are affected at least some of the time.I apologise for the delay in fixing this issue. We *really* want people to play the game and enjoy it, and it's really frustrating to see that this bug is getting in the way of that. We will fix this bug - it's just a matter of time.

This error hits me every time after the 66529 update. Prior to that it was working fine, same hardware. Since I can repro this startup error on my setup consistently, I'd be willing to help you track down the problem if you want. I'm a programmer, I'm running Chrome stable on Ubuntu Linux. Since this might actually be several different problems for different people, one way to troubleshoot this would be to spam console.log() everywhere in your native client and release a build. Then we can all send you our console output whenever a crash happens.Here's my current console output when the crash happens, for what it's worth (doesn't look super helpful):
Status: Waiting for sign in... util.js:11FileLog: init log.js:13FileLog: FileSystemReady log.js:184_RemoveFile looking for [log.txt]. log.js:156_CreateFile looking for [log.txt]. log.js:169_RemoveFile Found File [log.txt]. log.js:159_RemoveFile looking for [log.txt]. log.js:156Error: INVALID_MODIFICATION_ERR code:9 dump:{"code":9} log.js:225_RemoveFile File [log.txt] removed. log.js:162Cookie valid, logging in...[object Object] util.js:11START INSTANCE instance.js:11login_override instance.js:16show game instance.js:19Got module load from NaCl util.js:11Status: SUCCESS util.js:11Got module loadstart from NaCl util.js:11Got module load from NaCl util.js:11Status: SUCCESS util.js:11Got module loadend from NaCl util.js:11[18:13.39.68090]: DontStarve::Init() Creating NetworkFileSystem [dontstarve-release.appspot.com] util.js:11[18:13.39.68170]: DontStarve::Init() Mounting NetworkFileSystem util.js:11[18:13.39.69110]: File system is OPEN! util.js:11[18:13.39.70750]: DontStarve::CheckFileManifestInitializedCB KleiFile Is Available util.js:11[18:13.39.71690]: THREAD - started 'VersionSync' (1) util.js:11[18:13.39.73930]: DontStarve::HandleMessage [game:GetInstance] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: common.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: forest.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: global.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: marsh.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: scripts.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11Status: REQUESTING: static.zip[REMOTE] util.js:11[18:13.41.75650]: DontStarve::FileManifestUpdate mVersionSync.Succeeded() util.js:11[18:13.41.75920]: DontStarve::FileManifestUpdate unmounted server util.js:11[18:13.41.76170]: DontStarve::FileManifestUpdate new files have downloaded... go back to what you were doing. .. util.js:11[18:13.41.78160]: DontStarve::CheckFileSystemInitializedCB KleiFile Is Available util.js:11NativeClient: NaCl module crashed[18:13.41.80500]: DontStarve::PersistentStorageReadyCB Start util.js:11[18:13.41.80670]: DontStarve::PersistentStorageReadyCB: Done util.js:11Status: NaCl CRASHED: Last error: undefined while @Web:Downloading util.js:11NaCl CRASHED: Last error: undefined while @Web:Downloading

Corey    267

Thanks for everyone including as much detail as possible on this issue. I'm locking and closing this thread along with others on this topic to move the discussion to our master thread which be found here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?457-quot-Error-Module-load-error-undefined-quot-MASTER-THREAD

We'll be updating this as we attempt to resolve this issue ASAP. It's at the top of our development priority right now.

Thanks!