Sign in to follow this  
F3RR1S

Tips to Being A Good Roleplayer (Not a Roleplay!)

Battal    9,885

Yes. Just yes.

If I may include a real life example-

woot woot new thread ok u must have a caricter disc. dudes

-Anonymous

Edited by Lord_Battal

TeoSS69    2,204

DEATH TO ALL R...I mean...Good on you for trying to make a change. I'd rep you but i'd have to spread some around first :)

F3RR1S    1,191

Added Arcs section.

And now added Godmodding.

Edited by F3RR1S

Tesability    88

Also, in regards to godmodding, you should include having characters that are directly related to the ones in the games unless it's a relative directly mentioned by Klei Entertainment. For example, you shouldn't be playing as a relative of William Carter/Maxwell unless you're playing as Jack Carter (whom said company has confirmed to be his brother) or attempting a stab at one of Jack's twin kids and aren't automatically assuming that said twins are Wendy and Abigail. There's a lot of people who would take making up OC blood-relatives as a form of Mary Sue-ism and isn't appreciated just about ANYwhere.

Ellebelly24    187

Also, if you have been given permission by another, to control their character, don't make them do anything stupid. Just pretend they helped you.

F3RR1S    1,191

Also, in regards to godmodding, you should include having characters that are directly related to the ones in the games unless it's a relative directly mentioned by Klei Entertainment. For example, you shouldn't be playing as a relative of William Carter/Maxwell unless you're playing as Jack Carter (whom said company has confirmed to be his brother) or attempting a stab at one of Jack's twin kids and aren't automatically assuming that said twins are Wendy and Abigail. There's a lot of people who would take making up OC blood-relatives as a form of Mary Sue-ism and isn't appreciated just about ANYwhere.

Ehh, i dunno. Edited by F3RR1S

ScienceMachine    999

Another key rule of RP; avoid short responses.I would explain this myself, but I'm just terrible at explaining things. I'll just try to keep it short and simple: No one-worded or even one-sentenced responses. Try to add as much substance as you can into your response. Use filler or even the dreaded purple prose if you have to. Just don't be bland and emotionless.Inversely; don't write long essays either. You're suppose to make your light beer manageable, not turn it into some fruity-tooty cocktail.

• Like 1

nathanael    2

i didn't know there were such things as professional rolplaying. i thought it was about having fun 'n' stuff. i do get your point though, the writing should at least be understandable

ScienceMachine    999

I didn't know there were such a thing as 'professional' role playing. I thought it was about having fun & stuff. I do get your point though; the writing should at least be understandable.

Well, there isn't. It's mostly Grammar Nazi level of preference. It grinds on them, me included.

Tesability    88

Considering this IS the Don't Starve part of the forums, it would make sense that the RPs here are related to the game. This, however, does not stop any crossover RPs from showing up, such as the Pokemon/Don't Starve crossover here. (I would LOVE to see a Danny Phantom/Don't Starve crossover RP, even if it's just to see Danny and Wilson argue with each other over the scientific impossibility that is being half-dead. XP)

Blewcheese    884

Considering this IS the Don't Starve part of the forums, it would make sense that the RPs here are related to the game. This, however, does not stop any crossover RPs from showing up, such as the Pokemon/Don't Starve crossover here. (I would LOVE to see a Danny Phantom/Don't Starve crossover RP, even if it's just to see Danny and Wilson argue with each other over the scientific impossibility that is being half-dead. XP)

I remember seeing a bit of that on your art thread. Or one of them. I could probably revisit that show...

*looks off into the distance.*

Derpime    501

The one that said about punctation marks.It hit me right in the wound.

Also,roleplay subforum.Where you can sharpen your grammar(nazi) skilss