Sign in to follow this  
T4Y13O

to easy to starve!

T4Y13O    10

is it just me or is it too easy to starve? it's probably just me but it would be nice to have more food variaties. the crock pot helps with that but i think we need more food like sugar stuff that would make you run faster for a few seconds that would also help a little with your hunger. at the moment i dont have any other ideas for food but other people might. if so just post in the reply section. thanks :)

-T4Y13O

Bogpad    20

I died to almost everything in this game already, but I was never even close to starving, you definately must do something wrong when you die from not having food, its literally all around you in this game...

we just got 5 new recipes, and the crock pot will get a rework aswell, since kevin is not happy with it, so you will definately see changes in the food system anyway, but atm, seriously, how the hell do you manage to starve? Oo

Zanzabarr    10

I starved with a stack of cooked meat in my inventory....

I was busy trying to get back to my camp because I was out of something I needed for a torch and had almost no time left. I was so worried about getting to my camp that I ignored the fact I was starving. The starving got me first.

MrEntity    17

I've suffered damage from starvation a couple of times, but each time I had food in my inventory - I just wasn't paying attention. I've certainly never died from lack of food.

The easiest biomes to find food in are the plains and the temperate zone you always spawn in - also the swamp if you have fishing rods.

mobius187    29

I've had wendy start complaining about being hungry, but that's about it. I've never suffered damage or died from it. In fact, in other threads I've discussed about how easy it is to find food in the game. Let me know if you need any tips or feel free to search the forums.

501105    20

It can be a bit tricky to get used to it, but you might consider watching a few let's play videos. Those show fairly cleary how not to starve.

Jov    11

I do agree that there could and should be a better way of notifying the player that starvation is imminent. Perhaps a different & slower walking animation, an enlarged & blinking stomach icon, or simply louder stomach grumbling.

But as others have said, it's definitely not "easy to starve". If anything it's the opposite.

mobius187    29
...enlarged & blinking stomach icon...

Well the circle around the stomach icon starts flashing in red when you're really hungry.

SilentSkies    10
is it just me or is it too easy to starve? it's probably just me but it would be nice to have more food variaties. the crock pot helps with that but i think we need more food like sugar stuff that would make you run faster for a few seconds that would also help a little with your hunger. at the moment i dont have any other ideas for food but other people might. if so just post in the reply section. thanks :)

-T4Y13O

I am very sorry but the name of the game is 'Don't Starve' so I'd find it quite disheartening if it were the most difficult thing to do... Wouldn't you?

LadyD    3,223

Early in the game it was too easy to get food. There was almost no risk of starvation. Now with careful planning and timing you can manage to get through without dying.

I agree with SilentSkies. It was at first a little odd having a game Don't Starve where starvation was just not threatening us at all.

T4Y13O    10

lol it is just me then because i just cant find food! its hard on my worlds. i look every where. hardly and rabbits carrots berries and i only have seeds to get when im lucky. odd :/ oh well :D