Sign in to follow this  
Fullysikbro

[Gameplay] Black screen when loading up

Fullysikbro    10
Launch game , hold alt , hit enter, that fixed it for me.

WOW that fixed it for me so it must be the resolution for it CHEERS MAN! THANKS FOR THE ANSWER

Edit: also found out you can't change resolution back even with alt enter if only goes 640x 480 only and enable fullscreen

Edited by Fullysikbro

Sly    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

Chrome

Version Number

Issue title

I get a black screen with music

Steps to reproduce

I simply try to start the game.

Describe your issue

I am simply loading the game off of my Chrome Browser. I can see the loading and Don't Starve title until it is completely loaded. Then i just get a black screen with the background music playing.

I can see :

Don't Starve Beta 70388

[my email]

At the bottom of the screen but that is all.

All my drivers are in order.

The game worked fine yesterday and I have changed nothing.

RESOLVED

After a full restart the issue disappeared

Edited by Sly
The issue is now resolved

Varick    10

Making a suggestions list for people, out of things that have worked so far.

1.Uninstall and reinstall google chrome (I was also having black screen issue, this solved it for me)

2.Hold alt, hit enter. (didn't work for me but did for others)

3.Restart computer. (didn't work for me but did for others)

4.Exit out of your browser and start it again (this also worked for me)

5.Complicated shtuff, which hasn't worked for anyone.

Small note about this issue, that I don't think anyone else mentioned. While I was trying to get it to work, I was pressing a ton of buttons. I noticed that when I hit the backspace, a bunch of yellow boxes appeared on the screen, though the black screen still maintained behind the boxes. When clicking on certain boxes, more boxes would appear. I now know that when the game screen actually shows up, this corresponds with clickable boxes within the game (such as play). If you are having the black screen issue, and clicking backspace brings up yellow boxes, one of the methods that worked for me may work for you.

=P

Edited by Varick
Grammar mistake, adding additional info

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

Chrome (Mac OS X)

Version Number

Issue title

I get a black screen (no music)

Steps to reproduce

I simply try to start the game.

Describe your issue

Trying to

Loading: Static.zip with a complete status bar, on a black screen.

And:

Don't Starve Beta 70388

[my email]

All my drivers are in order.

The game worked fine during the last release. I haven't modified anything on my computer.

Edit: I've tried everything posted above, no luck. (reinstalled Chrome, disabled all ad blocking software etc. closed and reopened.) Any help?

Edited by theinformer2010

Varick    10

Hey informer, from what I understand, we should be on version 70528 now. The older version that you apparently still have may be the reason it's not working. I'm not sure why it wouldn't have updated. Try uninstalling Don't Starve, Reinstalling it, closing your browser, reopening it, and then starting the game. Hopefully you version number will be up to date, give it a minute, and hopefully it will load. Personally, I'm still having a black screen issue, but it's progressed to a different form, which I'm about to make an official report on.

Varick    10

Please choose a category

[Crash]

Platform

Chrome

Version Number

Issue title

Black screen unless I reopen browser

Steps to reproduce

1. Use chrome browser for anything for a period of time (say, facebook or research or video for an hour).

2. Attempt to open Don't Starve in the browser.

3. Don't Starve permanently pauses load at static.exe with a black background.

4. Exit out of browser entirely (close all windows)

5. Reopen browser, restart don't starve, play, do whatever else you want.

Describe your issue

Currently, if I try to open Don't Starve in Chrome when I have already had the browser open for a while (upwards of 5 minutes), Don't Starve will not completely load and be unplayable. If I exit out of the browser entirely and restart it, I can then start Don't Starve and do whatever else I want on the browser.

While not a complete deal breaker, it certainly is annoying, and I imagine would have to do with some of the other people's black screen issues, which mostly seem to be happening on chrome.

Little extra detail - I usually navigate to the game by clicking on the app button on the new page tab on Chrome. I'll experiment later to see if navigating to it from a different way effects it.

scubsurf    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Crash]

Platform

Chrome

Version Number

Issue title

NaCl Crash/black screen upon Static.exe/Static.zip

Steps to reproduce

Any time I attempt to run the game this happens.

Describe your issue

It seems to sporadically vary between the NaCl crash and the black screen. The black screen sometimes plays music and sometimes does not.

Special note, I am running the game on a 2008 Macbook. I realize the game is not meant to run on iOS, but it worked just fine on it until this weekend, I played it 4 days ago and it worked. Now it does not.

Here are the notes from chrome://gpu/ :

Graphics Feature Status

Canvas: Hardware accelerated

Compositing: Hardware accelerated

3D CSS: Hardware accelerated

CSS Animation: Accelerated

WebGL: Hardware accelerated

WebGL multisampling: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable

Flash 3D: Hardware accelerated

Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated

Texture Sharing: Hardware accelerated

Video Decode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

Video: Hardware accelerated

Problems Detected

Accelerated video decode is unavailable on Mac and Linux.: 137247, 133828

Multisampling is buggy on Mac with Intel gpu.: 137303

Version Information

Data exported Sat Dec 15 2012 12:55:58 GMT-0800 (PST)

Chrome version 23.0.1271.97 (Official Build 171054)

Operating system Mac OS X 10.7.5

Software rendering list version 4.3

ANGLE revision 1275

2D graphics backend Skia

Driver Information

Initialization time 2

Sandboxed false

GPU0 VENDOR = 0x8086, DEVICE= 0x2a02

Optimus false

AMD switchable false

Driver vendor

Driver version 7.4.1

Driver date

Pixel shader version 1.20

Vertex shader version 1.20

GL version 2.1

GL_VENDOR Intel Inc.

GL_RENDERER Intel GMA X3100 OpenGL Engine

GL_VERSION 2.1 APPLE-7.4.1

GL_EXTENSIONS GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Log Messages

[1666:-1392430400:1215/120509:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00B42469: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1666:-1392430400:1215/121407:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00C82569: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1666:-1392430400:1215/122134:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00CA2569: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

GpuProcessHostUIShim: GPU Process Crashed.

GpuProcessHostUIShim: GPU Process Crashed.

[1761:-1392430400:1215/122546:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00A00C6D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/122857:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 0024116D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/123137:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00DE0C6D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/123320:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 004A226C: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/123742:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00B2126D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/123902:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 0048156C: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/124134:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00C4156D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/124647:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00BC106C: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

[1761:-1392430400:1215/125323:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(5170)] : 00A60C6D: GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCompressedTexImage2D: dimensions out of range

My software and drivers are all up to date, I have cleared my caches, removed all app. data, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, and restarted the computer several times. I have attempted the alt+enter fix, with no luck, and frankly, have tried every fix I have come across, with none being successful as yet.

I am running a 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM, running OSX Lion. My graphics are as follows: Intel GMA X3100 144 MB

Again, though the game is not meant to run on iOS and though my system specs are on the low side, the game ran fine until some time between today and Wednesday, December 12 (the last time it ran fine).

Milosh    10

I have the same problem as scubsurf for chrome and would hope this is being looked in to it really is a bummer buying a game and only getting a few days before it broke x.x just hope this problem for tihs plat form is being looked in to