Sign in to follow this  
jaiseman12341

dont starve wiki

i think alot of people would agree with me when i say that dont starve needs a better wiki when i need to find out wat something does i cant because the wiki isnt good enough i think we should all join in to make it better and keep adding things on so that the fellow dont starve players have some help :D

It "looks" better but apparently is empty.... so it depends on which site contributors feel more comfy....just that ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It "looks" better but apparently is empty.... so it depends on which site contributors feel more comfy....just that ;)

cautys    10

Hello, I start playing Don't Starve few weeks ago and enjoy the game. After some playing and looking around the forum I decide to set up a wiki for the game and collect some useful information to bring it in a more nicely and clearly way to use. One reason is surely I enjoyed the game. But there also more points to bring up a wiki. First I want to raise my knowledge on how to use a wiki and as second practice my English a little bit.

One point I want to clarify is, if a wiki with some images and information about the game nicely accepted from klei entertainment or there are some restrictions that should be keep in mind, when i wrote some information there?

One question I had is hopefully solved in this thread. I will try it out, so that I can collect all information for the wiki.

One thing I see was a thread, there was a thinking to change the research plan. I think this is still in progress?

I know a wiki is mostly to be intended to work on it together. But for know I don't know how long I will do this and how this all will ongoing. So if you want to edit in it, do it on your own risk. In the next weeks I will set up some basic structure for the wiki and transfer information from the forum and my own game experience into it. So please for the beginning, before you will do much edit in the wiki, please give me feedback, make suggestions or bring out some mistakes. Thanks.

Kindest regard

cautys

PS: After I setting up the wiki, I see that already one other wiki was started. But I like to do things in my own way and I don't like pages with advertisement.

cautys    10

You are right ... possibly I will switch to German. I will test out the translate extension for the wiki on the weekend. So possibly the pages can be in German and English ... and what ever languages want from the users. This would give more flexibility and easier writing for me. I not look so much at the user in the forum, so I am not sure how much German there.

ernisill    10

yea basic controls and info would be great, i just played for 3 days witout realizing wasd moved and spacebar attacked....haha thought mouse clicking was the only input ya had

cautys    10

Some more information added. A first overview of all possible things that can be constructed is complete now, I will bring this in more details in the next time. I am not sure, but the foot to ball hat should be in the dress menu :confused: ... I could not find it. I will see if I can tomorrow add some info for resources you can find in the world, so I can play again more in the game. :D

LadyD    3,245

These threads have been merged.

I suggest we try to do the same for the wikis

Get that original one working smoothly.