Deer's DS fanart

I love those photos, the both of you look so awesome!!! ^w^

Also, have fun figuring out how to use SAI..! :D

I like that program, but I'm still better at working with Gimp, so I keep switching between those two a lot..  >_<

Those cosplays look fantastic! It's been a while since I last saw yours, love your flower crown!

And yeah I recently got sai myself... it's a strange confusing program for me... But I sure do love the blur tool. 

It'S A FANTASTIC PROGRAM!! But there's a lot to learn! Especially after being a photoshop/fire alpaca baby for so long ahahah!

I think over the next couple of weeks I will start to really focus on figuring it out *o*

I love those photos, the both of you look so awesome!!! ^w^

Also, have fun figuring out how to use SAI..! :grin:

I like that program, but I'm still better at working with Gimp, so I keep switching between those two a lot..  >_<

Thanks!! It was a fun shoot to do! *o*

and yeah, SAI will take some learning. gimp seems to be really popular... maybe one day I will check it out as well *v*

nice humanoid deerclops .

oh i see you got small bird plush

yEAH! The girl cosplaying deerclops made it for me!! It was so exciting and SO CUTE AND FLUFFY ehehehe

oK so I already posted this in the cosplay thread but i don't really care because YEAH

SO

HEre'S SOME HOT COSPLAY PICS from ikkicon i'm the wilson and tumblr user hay-needle is the deerclops *o*

(cosplay imgs)

yeH YEH YEH

This showdown must've been quite amusing. No wonder Maxwell didn't show up at ikkicon, he was probably watching you two!

and yeah, SAI will take some learning. gimp seems to be really popular... maybe one day I will check it out as well *v*

GIMP's learning curve is very steep compared to SAI. Paint Tool SAI took me about one week to figure out, GIMP on the other hand took me years and I'm still figuring out new tricks.

But GIMP is completely free, SAI costs 50 USD (37 €uro / 30 GBP) Unless you've aquired it in ways I don't speak of...

This showdown must've been quite amusing. No wonder Maxwell didn't show up at ikkicon, he was probably watching you two!

GIMP's learning curve is very steep compared to SAI. Paint Tool SAI took me about one week to figure out, GIMP on the other hand took me years and I'm still figuring out new tricks.

But GIMP is completely free, SAI costs 50 USD (37 €uro / 30 GBP) Unless you've aquired it in ways I don't speak of...

Yeah, Maxwell would've been hella amused by our shenanigans at the con ahahahaha

And hmmm... that's interesting! I've never used gimp... even though I've known of it for ever. I guess that's the allure of SAI tho, that it's pretty straightforward. Once I'm through SAI I will hop onto that train and see what I can see. As long as it's not as intense as adobe products I think I can figure it out :0a

setting a good example and working on my own tarot card ^^ the four of swords

the card represents rest/escapism/revival so I thought Woodie trying to escape/revive via meat effigy would be pretty fitting *v*

ANYWHO i'm looking forward to this project getting done in the next couple months

get eXCITED uvu huehuehu

tumblr_mz0zd97hbg1rdm9pso1_500.png

also i recently downloaded gimp since it comes with such high praise from a certain lovely comic artist *v*;;; IT IS V  COMPLICATED wish me luck with my new programs lol

• Like 3

setting a good example and working on my own tarot card ^^ the four of swords

the card represents rest/escapism/revival so I thought Woodie trying to escape/revive via meat effigy would be pretty fitting *v*

ANYWHO i'm looking forward to this project getting done in the next couple months

get eXCITED uvu huehuehu

(img)

Judging by the looks of that sketch this is going to turn out good :grin: I like your visualisation of Woodie as well.

also i recently downloaded gimp since it comes with such high praise from a certain lovely comic artist *v*;;; IT IS V  COMPLICATED wish me luck with my new programs lol

I'm surprised you got pen pressure running with GIMP. I love GIMP but it totally hates my Wacom Intuos >< I should probably mess around with the settings a bit more.

I really like how you drew Woodie! I'm looking forward to see it finished! :D

I'm surprised you got pen pressure running with GIMP. I love GIMP but it totally hates my Wacom Intuos >< I should probably mess around with the settings a bit more.

Pen pressure works just fine for me, but that's probably because I have Gimp 2.6 (an older version, that seems to be easier to use in some ways). The new version (2.8, I suppose) has that option kind of hidden, but I found a "guide" that might be helpful: http://fav.me/d53u4ih

Pen pressure works just fine for me, but that's probably because I have Gimp 2.6 (an older version, that seems to be easier to use in some ways). The new version (2.8, I suppose) has that option kind of hidden, but I found a "guide" that might be helpful: http://fav.me/d53u4ih

GIMP 2.6 and 2.7 worked wonders with both my tablets, the older versions were certainly more stable... GIMP 2.8 just hates everything but it allows me to use bigger brushes and new effects. Will check out that guide you linked.

EDIT That tutorial is something I've done before without positive results. I tried again but there's still no pen pressure so I guess my Intuos and GIMP ain't getting married within the next few years :razz:

Edited by Miss

I'm sorry for kind of derailing this from your awesome art, @deerlet

But you (or someone reading this) may find this useful. :wilson_flower:

That tutorial is something I've done before without positive results. I tried again but there's still no pen pressure so I guess my Intuos and GIMP ain't getting married within the next few years :razz:

That reminds me, that I actually lost the pen pressure when I got a new tablet. It made me almost give up on Gimp, but that was such a long time ago, that I had forgotten all about it..  >_<

So, I may, or may not have a cure! xD

I know you are smart with this stuff, so you may have already tried this... Anyway, delete any and all Wacom drivers you may have on your computer (even if there is only one, and it appears to be the right one), and download the right one from the Wacom website.

After installing it, if the pen pressure still won't work, try what the guide suggested. ;)

I hope this helps!

I wish you ALL the luck! haha not that you'll need it but some extra never hurts xP

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing all the tarot cards together! Your's looks great! Poor beaver man xD

EHEHE THANKS FOR THE LUCK! I think I may need it with all my programs I'm testing 6___9!!!

and omg SAME. I've been bugging so many artists about getting their cards done ahahah uAu(\;;; I feel like such a pest

Judging by the looks of that sketch this is going to turn out good :grin: I like your visualisation of Woodie as well.

*v*;; I hope it will be in the running with some of my more favorite cards (COUGHSYOURSCOUGHs)

and actually this was done in SAI.... BUT my pen pressure works pretty ok in gimp and I have an intuos... that's bizarre that it's not working for you???? .... maybe i should check again i was just testing it the other day i wasn't drawing anything for real :|a...

I'm sorry for kind of derailing this from your awesome art, @deerlet

But you (or someone reading this) may find this useful. :wilson_flower:

That reminds me, that I actually lost the pen pressure when I got a new tablet. It made me almost give up on Gimp, but that was such a long time ago, that I had forgotten all about it..  >_<

So, I may, or may not have a cure! xD

I know you are smart with this stuff, so you may have already tried this... Anyway, delete any and all Wacom drivers you may have on your computer (even if there is only one, and it appears to be the right one), and download the right one from the Wacom website.

After installing it, if the pen pressure still won't work, try what the guide suggested. ;)

I hope this helps!

No probs hehehe I don't mind derailing if it's PRODUCTIVE AND PURPOSEFUL DERAILINg hehehahah!

and yeah, Miss, I was just about to suggest something about the drivers... maybe there was an update or something. SHRUGS

Oh my gosh you're that amazing Wilson cosplayer I found on tumblr! I didn't realize you had art too!!

Ugh I love your cosplays and your artwork so much! :love_heart:

Omg ;w; Thank you so much ahahah!!  I'm glad you found my other creative outlets on here hehehehehe what's your tumblr username??

• Like 1

Omg ;w; Thank you so much ahahah!!  I'm glad you found my other creative outlets on here hehehehehe what's your tumblr username??

It's Becca-Summers uvu

Are you still doing your IRL scientist blog? I noticed it hadn't updated in a bit.

I hope this helps!

Yes I tried this twice last year. I'll give it a shot again, maybe GIMP updated their sh*t :razz:

and yeah, Miss, I was just about to suggest something about the drivers... maybe there was an update or something. SHRUGS

It's GIMP's fault this time so I'll just sit here and wait until they update things. Did you know that some versions of SAI really disliked Intuos 4 back in the days : P

It's Becca-Summers uvu

Are you still doing your IRL scientist blog? I noticed it hadn't updated in a bit.

I was thinking about revisiting it one day... but there were a couple offhand comments made by some people that turned me off of it for a while... ahahha you can't win them all!

but yeah it's been on hiatus FOR A WHiLE. It's hard to film in the cold and during school.... so maybe sometime in the spring =v=

Yes I tried this twice last year. I'll give it a shot again, maybe GIMP updated their sh*t :razz:

It's GIMP's fault this time so I'll just sit here and wait until they update things. Did you know that some versions of SAI really disliked Intuos 4 back in the days : P

There are too many programs and hardwares to update all the time 6___9;;

And huh... I didn't know! I'm glad it's cleaned up its act!! Ahahah otherwise I would be in a hard place

i guess i'll just slowly post all the steps i'm taking with my tarot card hahaha

i got the basics of my lineart down the other day!

tumblr_mz2o8hLP2I1rdm9pso1_500.png

trying to decide if i'm eventually going to go for a more painty look or just get some depth going on with crazy lineart... =v= IDK DECISIONS ARE HARd. FLATS ARE FIRST.

• Like 2

I was thinking about revisiting it one day... but there were a couple offhand comments made by some people that turned me off of it for a while... ahahha you can't win them all!

but yeah it's been on hiatus FOR A WHiLE. It's hard to film in the cold and during school.... so maybe sometime in the spring =v=

Oh how rude :c I had sent your blog to a couple of my friends who I was introducing to the game and they all enjoyed it!

But I was just curious omf im sorry I bet you get asked that a lot. Loving the progress on the Tarot card btw <3

Oh how rude :c I had sent your blog to a couple of my friends who I was introducing to the game and they all enjoyed it!

But I was just curious omf im sorry I bet you get asked that a lot. Loving the progress on the Tarot card btw <3

Aw! I'm glad!!

And no worries!! It's nice to hear that some people want you to update! I'm glad hehehe

AND THANKS! Hopefully it ends up cool uvu(\;;;

P MUCH DONE I THINK...

four of swords represents revival or escapism so i decided to include the meat effigy for that aspect. the four merman represent the “four swords” of my card ^^ annNNDDD YEAH an experiment with SAI and neato lighting!!! *V*

tumblr_mz9wmrKkxM1rdm9pso1_500.png

• Like 4

four of swords represents revival or escapism so i decided to include the meat effigy for that aspect. the four merman represent the “four swords” of my card ^^ annNNDDD YEAH an experiment with SAI and neato lighting!!! *V*

(img)

I like the light beams, gave you a reason to add cool highlights on Woodie :grin: Me approvez

oh and also i doodled uvu

(img)

Bring it on Wilson!