Sign in to follow this  
iCookBacon

[Graphics] Lighting/fog bug

Corey    267

It does look like an issue with rendering the graveyards "fog" effect. We'll have to look into this more. Thanks for all the system specs / info. If this is happening to you, please feel free to add more details that might helps us out.

Happysailor    13

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam
  • Chrome

Version Number

Issue title

Localized "Lens Flare" Bug.

Steps to reproduce

1. Playing as Wilson, die.

2.Unlock Willow, play in same world as her.

3. Approach general area where Wilson died,

4.Watch as screen lights up with a super high yellow white light.

This only happened in a specific area, I could have literally placed borders around the edge, I walk in, flare, walk out, normal.

Describe your issue

I died as wilson, and when adventuring in the same world near his death spot as Willow who I had just unlocked, my screen went a bright white yellow blinding light like looking into the sun, leaving the area made it go away. It was also a fairly large area, but the light had definite borders, I could walk in and out and watch the colors change. It happened during both day and night.

I have a picture but it says I am not allowed to use the picture posting feature.

Joy    11

I had the same problem playing as Wolfgang. Try exiting game and re-entering. Doesn't eliminate the problem but at least it fixes the glitch for a bit.

tone00    10

This is something that happens very often now, it happens usually near a graveyard, or after burning an entire forest, the glare gets stuck. Also happened to me, didn't find a solution, so i died by accident running over there, and then decided to crate a new world.

JLK    50

Hey guys, I've got a fix for this bug but we're trying to decide what other fixes may come along for the ride. Hopefully we'll push it live Sooner than later, but it won't be immediately.

Just a heads up.

vizibl3    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

?????

Issue title

light glitch happening after starting a forest fir

Steps to reproduce

what you do is play as willow and find a forest that has alot of tree's close by. you wait till night time and then let her set them a flame. after they all burn and you walk around a bit you should get a weird light glitch on your screen that will be attached to a area when ever you walk through it.

Describe your issue

when i play as willow and i burn down a forest i get a really weird light glitch i took a screen shot of it and will include the screen shot. the light glitch seems to only be in a area whenever i walk through it and it gets more bright and glitchy when i go to the center of the area. when i go to the very beginning it isn't as bad. my friend is having the same problem but he was play as wilson not willow. what happened was after dieing he replyed in his world and when he went to a graveyard that he found in his previous life he said the whole screen was light up and he couldn't see anything. i don't have any screen shots of this.

Bottlegnomes    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

Issue title

Strange light problem

Steps to reproduce

Playing as the second girl

Started a new world and started exploring

at one point this happened, but only in a localized area

I could walk out of it

When I returned to the spot at night, it stayed permanently and then was increased when day returned.

Describe your issue

So I was playing as the second girl and started a new world and started exploring.

at one point
, but only in a localized area

I could walk out of it.

When I returned to the spot at night,
and then was increased when day returned.

I died shortly after. I still have the world generated, I believe, I'll try and reproduce the results.

Bottlegnomes    10

Went back to the same spot and couldn't reproduce the same bug.

EDIT: coincidentally, I was

and the same bug happens to him in the very last couple seconds. His next episode isn't out yet, so I don't know how he resolves it Edited by Bottlegnomes

DangerZ    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Screen goes yellow

Steps to reproduce

I was walking immediately after the sun had risen and the game finished saving. It seemed like there was a lens flare effect happening at the top middle of the screen but it never subsided and
Soon
the entire screen was yellow minus the UI.

Describe your issue

Screen fades to yellow for no apparent reason

System specs

EVGA SR-2 Motherboard

Dual Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.5GHz

24GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 Ram

EVGA GTX 670 Video Card

Edited by DangerZ
Added system specs

lineulb    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

least

Issue title

So So Heavy Sunshine

Steps to reproduce

1.when there are about 20 days passed。

2.I go to some tomb。Heavy sunshine make me almost blind。

3. WHEN I GO TO SOME OTHER PLASE, Same Thing happened as well.

Pls check it asap.

Describe your issue

pls check this link

i cannot play this game

KagekaNecavi    10

I have also been getting this issue. From my understanding since it's a known issue, you might not need more from me, but if you do, just ask! Thanks!

Spaminator    10

I've had this same thing happen randomly as well, though it's not specifically limited to graveyards in my case. I've had them cover entire enormous sections of forests for no reason.

The screenshot is pretty much perfect - sometimes the "fog" will be *just* ok to see through, and sometimes it will be completely overpowering and all you can see is yellow streaks across the screen, like you're in the Sahara and staring at the sun. They are slightly animated, too, like sun-streaks, but only when you move, making it absolutely impossible to see anything beyond what a still screenshot can show.

Gonna give it a wild shot and hazard a guess it's not limited by graphics processors specifically, as I'm running a desktop with an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT series with fully current drivers.

Other system specs are far more basic, lol, as I'm running a Pentium 4 3.2GHz with 4GB of RAM on Win7 32 bit.

The intensity of the "fog" (if that is what it is) varies every time you load the game with a basic 50/50 chance of being tolerable or

completely blinding, but it is tied to a static location based on the random world generation, so the only way to get rid of it is to generate a new world currently.