Sign in to follow this  
SkyrathTheGreat

[Graphics] Contrast of whole computer goes high and crashes.

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Contrast of whole computer goes high and crashes.

Steps to reproduce

I loaded up the game hoping to record episode one of my youtube series when I realised it was opening in windowed mode, I changed it to fullscreen and the screen went all bright. I fiddled with the options, turned the resolution down to 720p and noticed that it was exactly the same. I noticed the 'Refresh Rate' option and immediatly turned it down and pressed apply, but it didn't do anything ...

I then tabbed out and checked my graphics controller, messed about with it for a while and noticed if I turned my contrast down to the lowest it looked as it should do. I then went back to the main menu and got the error "dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working".

Please fix this as it was a gift from a friend and I've been wanting to play this for a long time.

Describe your issue

If this helps here are the log.txt files (one when I first got the error and the second from when I re-installed and tried again.

Starting up

Don't Starve: 69735

Build Date: 2012-11-27_14-48-03

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (3060)

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(101,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_sfx 0.30000001192093

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_ambience 1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_music 0.30000001192093

Reset() returning

SAVE SUCCESS: profile

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(117,1) EmailSignup

Shutting down

Starting up

Don't Starve: 69781

Build Date: 2012-11-28_12-10-53

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (1564)

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(101,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

Assert failure 'success' at ..\source\systemlib\windows\SteamCloudIO.cpp(48): Trace follows...