Messin' With Fan Art

I saw this on Tumblr before, looking great =)

Many thanks! ^^

holy christ! i want to make love to your artworks!!!

your style is drop-dead gorgeous!  :love-struck:

Sounds a bit disturbing! XD Thanks!

Oh dear...that's something

Beautiful....^ ^

Something has changed, that's apparent, but the changes are positive. We seem to be evolving :joyous:

Glad you like the card, I'm being my own worst critic though.

Graduation project update! My bad for not uploading this earlier, but it's been more than two months since I finished the working picture. A sieve-headed person that I am found it hard to bring the camera to the studio and safely transfer the photos without forgetting the SD card somewhere. Shame on me =D

As you can see, it has gone through massive changes. Teachers demanded me to transform it in accordance with the rules of classic composition. They are probably laughing at me for making the Alchemist such a looker, (I'm not quite well informed about it) but girls apparently like him. The main target for jokes is so far the alchemy engine (the large pear-shape in the left). Poor thing has been called a thousand names, from boiler (wtf?) to distiller (alcohol jokes, yeah, welcome to Russia). I was even told that in combination with the nearby objects it looks like a robot. Well maybe, if the robot is Clockwork Castle! :grin: Then there is definitely a slight resemblance.

The quality isn't great, because I had to shoot without a tripod. The picture is about 3'×2' 7" (92×83cm)

post-250429-0-14250600-1394395734_thumb.

Oh, and also -- I have finally made up my mind and I'm going to cosplay Wilson at the ConVersia this April. It's the only multi-fandom con in my region (and probably in Russia), it's annual and most likely it will be my only chance this year. I already raided a few stores in search of appropriate shoes and trousers (the shirt is not a problem), the trousers part is pending so far but I managed to find a pair of amazingly authentic-looking oxfords:

post-250429-0-36135700-1394389990_thumb.

The soles are a bit aggressive, but eh. The rest of them is simply breathtaking.

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 8

Graduation project update! My bad for not uploading this earlier, but it's been more than two months since I finished the working picture. A sieve-headed person that I am found it hard to bring the camera to the studio and safely transfer the photos without forgetting the SD card somewhere. Shame on me =D

As you can see, it has gone through massive changes. Teachers demanded me to transform it in accordance with the rules of classic composition. They are probably laughing at me for making the Alchemist such a looker, (I'm not quite well informed about it) but girls apparently like him. The main target for jokes is so far the alchemy engine (the large pear-shape in the left). Poor thing has been called a thousand names, from boiler (wtf?) to distiller (alcohol jokes, yeah, welcome to Russia). I was even told that in combination with the nearby objects it looks like a robot. Well maybe, if the robot is Clockwork Castle! :grin: Then there is definitely a slight resemblance.

The quality isn't great, because I had to shoot without a tripod. The picture is about 3'×2' 7" (92×83cm)

Pffft those comments xD

That's a lovely piece of art, I don't really have anything constructive to say this time.

Oh, and also -- I have finally made up my mind and I'm going to cosplay Wilson at the ConVersia this April. It's the only multi-fandom con in my region (and probably in Russia), it's annual and most likely it will be my only chance this year. I already raided a few stores in search of appropriate shoes and trousers (the shirt is not a problem), the trousers part is pending so far but I managed to find a pair of amazingly authentic-looking oxfords:

(img)

The soles are a bit aggressive, but eh. The rest of them is simply breathtaking.

o__o Those shoes are creepy alike my favourite pair of shoes, except the soles, mine've got flat ones. Looks like a promising cosplay so far, can't wait for the hair haha :grin:

• Like 1

Many thanks! ^^

Sounds a bit disturbing! XD Thanks!

Something has changed, that's apparent, but the changes are positive. We seem to be evolving :joyous:

Glad you like the card, I'm being my own worst critic though.

attachicon.gifDSC_0016.jpg

attachicon.gifФото493.jpg

Absolutely amazing. 

• Like 1

for some reason Wilson reminds me of Sweeney Todd in that one. and, dear lord, the shading is magnificent!

Many thanks ^^ well, yeah, Wilson is actually somewhat looks like Sweeney Todd, I just happened to emphasize that. Funny how his demonic looks combine with totally non-demonic personality. =D

Pffft those comments xD

That's a lovely piece of art, I don't really have anything constructive to say this time.

o__o Those shoes are creepy alike my favourite pair of shoes, except the soles, mine've got flat ones. Looks like a promising cosplay so far, can't wait for the hair haha :grin:

People get carried away in their jokes sometimes and that's when the stuff gets dorky XD Thank you, again. I really appreciate that.

Actually these are a low-cost replica of original, fine leather Oxfords, so I'm not surprised they look like yours :-)

Absolutely amazing. 

Thank you!

I haven't done too much over this time, maybe just needed a short break from... uh... everything I usually do. Work, studies, friends (have I got any, again?), drawing as well. Been also a while since I paid any attention to the original game style. This is no good! It doesn't deserve to be ignored like that. Here's another short story, of the men of Don't Starve, and their quirks. I called it "Pet Peeves" :victorious: Ignore the acutes, they are meant for pure fun, to accentuate Wolfgang's, uh, Frenchness. You know, Яussia instead of Russia kind of thing =P

post-250429-0-45602200-1394922510_thumb.

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 14

I haven't done too much over this time, maybe just needed a short break from... uh... everything I usually do. Work, studies, friends (have I got any, again?), drawing as well. Been also a while since I paid any attention to the original game style. This is no good! It doesn't deserve to be ignored like that. Here's another short story, of the men of Don't Starve, and their quirks. I called it "Pet Peeves" :victorious: Ignore the acutes, they are meant for pure fun, to accentuate Wolfgang's, uh, Frenchness. You know, Яussia instead of Russia kind of thing =P

(img)

Love the face-expressions and poses. They just scream "IMMA POKE DAT" and "GAAAH NOPE"

That is нoт best exempлe for sure.  :grin: (oh yeah my not so hot...)

А можно и так: Iп Soшieт Яussiд tнe Pдrty cдп дlшays fiпd you! :D Хотя помнится мне, в Red Alert и покруче заворачивали.

jeeZUS Klei needs to hire you to do official work for them

You just capture the style so perfectly!

I can't even describe how awesome it would be. *____*

Wilson's so cute >w<

Come on, he MUST be! :D

Love the face-expressions and poses. They just scream "IMMA POKE DAT" and "GAAAH NOPE"

Haha :D Wilson obviously does it out of revenge, but oh my, isn't he determined!

the "zé moustaché" made me chuckle.

and Bekuno is right, you do capture the style of DS absolutely perfect.

Seriously, I'd be the happiest person living. :wilson_smile:

• Like 1

А можно и так: Iп Soшieт Яussiд tнe Pдrty cдп дlшays fiпd you! :grin: Хотя помнится мне, в Red Alert и покруче заворачивали.

О, русский перевертыш. Чего только не использовали в этой замечательной игре.

Edited by PatchDotexe
  • Like 1

О, русский перевертыш. Чего только не использовали в этой замечательной игре.

Правда, я давно в нее не играла. %)

Alright, I'm still struggling with the introduction for XXI, let's keep going with the original DS meanwhile. I've had this idea for quite a long time -- and same about you, I'm sure. I mean, what would be your natural reaction if you suddenly realized you were talking to the radio? I'd be totally freaked out. Wilson doesn't even look surprised in the video. Oh well.

post-250429-0-70137900-1395998792_thumb.

• Like 12

Yay, awesome art! 

Wait...I was supposed to do something different....focus...focus...ah yes.

I'm also here on behalf of the Up & Away Mod Team. I only wanted to ask, if you would be generally interested in helping us a little bit on the art. Because we are a little bit short on...well on everything besides ideas ^^ at least in terms of working people.

So perhaps you are interested? If not, no problem at all. Enjoying your art anyway.

Yay, awesome art! 

Wait...I was supposed to do something different....focus...focus...ah yes.

I'm also here on behalf of the Up & Away Mod Team. I only wanted to ask, if you would be generally interested in helping us a little bit on the art. Because we are a little bit short on...well on everything besides ideas ^^ at least in terms of working people.

So perhaps you are interested? If not, no problem at all. Enjoying your art anyway.

I'm interested. >:3

• Like 1

Понятное дело. Дел много, игр много, не всегда есть время на старые игры...Свободное время порой становится ещё той роскошью.

We probably need to be little more polite. I mean we probably need to use English instead of Russian. Da?

About your art... That's epic! And people are definitely right. You catch style of Don't Starve. Also you find really cool and realistic solution. And this solution is not that obvious. 

Edited by PatchDotexe

I'm interested. >:3

Eh, awesome!  :wilson_laugh:

How about you have a look into our subforum then http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/49-mod-collaboration-up-and-away/ to get an idea of what we are doing there.

We are currently organizing ourselves again, so the things have started to move again. We work towards a pre-alpha and if your interest would grow into a highly pleasing contribution the team and I would gladly welcome you! Yay.

If you have any questions, don't hestate to pm me, debugman18 or simplex or just post in the subforum. ^^

Alright, I'm still struggling with the introduction for XXI, let's keep going with the original DS meanwhile. I've had this idea for quite a long time -- and same about you, I'm sure. I mean, what would be your natural reaction if you suddenly realized you were talking to the radio? I'd be totally freaked out. Wilson doesn't even look surprised in the video. Oh well.

(img)

Haha, ka-pwned

I still wonder how Wilson fell for the trick in the first place but I guess he's just as crazy as Maxwell in a way. Hungry for knowledge instead of fame.

attachicon.gifnormalreaction.jpg

Cutest thing ever >w< I long for your talent to mimic styles so perfectly. Great work as always! :D

Понятное дело. Дел много, игр много, не всегда есть время на старые игры...Свободное время порой становится ещё той роскошью.

We probably need to be little more polite. I mean we probably need to use English instead of Russian. Da?

About your art... That's epic! And people are definitely right. You catch style of Don't Starve. Also you find really cool and realistic solution. And this solution is not that obvious. 

I think you're right. :-)

The point is, I simply don't refuse the characters what they are supposed to be. If Wilson has a beard, therefore he must have other male perks like broad shoulders, heavy eyebrows, hairy arms and stuff like that. Girls acting their age and Maxwell, dapper but frail, slightly awkward about his health problems :-)

Wilsons face oh lord.

I wonder if Maxwell would have just given up and went to find someone else or if he'd try again tomorrow :razz:

Maxwell would never give up on such a promising target! XD

Haha, ka-pwned

I still wonder how Wilson fell for the trick in the first place but I guess he's just as crazy as Maxwell in a way. Hungry for knowledge instead of fame.

That's probably the closest one :-) Goethe's Faust re-enacted by Don't Starve.

Cutest thing ever >w< I long for your talent to mimic styles so perfectly. Great work as always! :grin:

It proves to be useful sometimes, but I don't mind having my own style as well ^^; By the way, your avatar is drop-dead gorgeous.

Awwwright, five days remaining, and my costume is 95% ready. Guess what I haven't done? Yep, the hair. =D As you remember I stated in @Warrick's thread, it was supposed to be my own hair; however I had to give up the idea considering the length (too short) and overall state (too exhausted) of it. So I'm fighting an acrylic hairpiece that simply won't shape without glue. It's terrible :hopelessness: oh well.

But what I'm really proud of -- is the vest. Even though it should have been one of the, uh, problem parts. I thought it would be impossible to find the proper material. I mean, come on! Red costume fabric, pinstriped? You must be kidding! However, I decided to give it a try and after grabbing my fistful of peanuts at work raided the first fabric shop----

and there it was.

RED PINSTRIPE TWILL.

the last three feet with a huge discount, the colour, the texture, the thickness and even distance between stripes exactly I needed! Damn, are you serious?! I can't be this lucky. The tailor asked no questions, too. I just gave her the material, a photo of what I needed and she said it would be done in 14 calendar days. Just like that, amazing.

Okay, enough with the talking, BEHOLD!

post-250429-0-31409500-1397058760_thumb.

Now excuse me while I go apply some magic -- and glue -- to replicate Wilson's luscious gravity-defying chevelure. This is going to take a while.

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 7

I think you're right. :-)

The point is, I simply don't refuse the characters what they are supposed to be. If Wilson has a beard, therefore he must have other male perks like broad shoulders, heavy eyebrows, hairy arms and stuff like that. Girls acting their age and Maxwell, dapper but frail, slightly awkward about his health problems :-)

That's.... I doesn't even see those perks in that way... I mean, now it's obvious. They are making your arts more realistic, but... Not every viewer even will think about it like this is something special. Huh. Unseen, but effective. Perfect. :applouse:

dapper as can be.

i'm curious how your hair will turn out. i know how difficult it can be to style synthetic hair.

It's a real curse. XD Turned out more or less fine, -- could be worse -- but still needs some upgrade.

That's.... I doesn't even see those perks in that way... I mean, now it's obvious. They are making your arts more realistic, but... Not every viewer even will think about it like this is something special. Huh. Unseen, but effective. Perfect. :applouse:

Musicians say the most important notes are those we don't listen to :)

<hr>

Well, the con is over, the pictures are taken, and the impressions are shared. I have something to share as well. First of all, it was awesome! Second, it was awesome. I'm usually very picky about public events like this and I must say out of all festivals and happenings I have visited over the last five years this one is my favourite. Well organised, well led, place well picked. Great people. Lots of fandoms. I was a ghost in the crowd of thrilling characters. However, two out of 600+ people acknowledged me and it was, without any doubt, better than nothing. The con's main theme was steampunk, and even though Wilson is more of a diesel or tesla punk character, I think I fitted in well enough ^__^

[Let me know if you can't see the pictures!]

cYRoo2b5pl0.jpg

D6kdN4EmcNU.jpg

2_2p_zvzFrA.jpg

-9o2ktaS1Dg.jpg

• Like 6