I decided to draw earlier today. realizing I cant draw, I learned a unique art style from a teacher online.So I decided to draw Wilson asking a rabbit a question. I honestly don't know if I will make more.I used Paint to make this, and Ive heard some bad things about paint, so any free art maker thingies that are better, please suggest some.Since I cant figure out how to post it here, I have a link.http://imgur.com/a/FcaHL#0Please tell me what you think.

Edited by Toaster Fu

I've decided to keep making art. I assume this first one was not a good start, so I will keep practicing, by hand.In a way, I'm glad no one replied, I realized this one is on the brink of being trash can material.

Doctor H. Derp    283

Please tell me what you think.

The honest truth is that this art piece is very similar to the art pieces I produced right about the time the thought of one day possibly going pro floated along into my head. That was about 8 years ago. That's about 8 years of on and off practice it took to get from where you are right now to where I am at this moment. I'm sure I could've cut that time in half if I had stuck to my original goal of one drawing per day but hey, life happens.I never really did believe in "talent" or if "talent" existed it was negligible at best, because I know I wasn't endowed with any super powers to draw wonderfully, far from it. It was like bashing my skull against a brick wall until eventually the brick wall began to chip away, and to be perfectly honest I'm still bashing my skull against that brick wall. There's always mistakes in my drawings, you just do better with the next project.I think Howard Taylor best summed up my sentiments with the whole "talent" in relation to art in his presentation "Who Needs Talent?". You can find it easily on youtube. In fact if you look up Howard Taylor's webcomic, Schlock Mercenary, you can see where he started out, how his drawings for his comic began and how it evolved over the years. Penny Arcade is no different either, you can go through the archives and see how crude many of their drawings were and be astounded at how far these artists have come by just practicing and practicing and practicing.So all that said, you want to know what I think? I think your art piece is an artist at the very start of his/her journey to one day becoming an amazing artist. No easy feat to becoming an amazing artist... but something that's definitely within the realm of possibility if you're willing to put in the work, and it will be a lot of work, a lot of dedication to get there.Your depiction of Wilson shows that you do not know how to draw human anatomy, and in order to be fairly convincing by exaggerating/cartooning human anatomy, you do have to have some semblance of knowledge of human anatomy. Brandon Strathman, a former artist on Family Guy had a class about how to draw anatomy for cartooning, and while he could easily draw any of the family guy characters, he had and extremely strong understanding of the human skeletal system and the musculature that envelopes it. He could name the individual muscles and bones with relative ease or at least when we tested him on it, and certainly could draw them if he were so inclined.It also looks like your drawing process is a bit wonky, like you just immediately delved into outlining/inking. It might not work for everyone but when I'm making a drawing, I think of it a lot like building a building. Sketching and gesturing would be the frame of the house, inking and base colors would be putting the walls and the roof on it, and the additional coloring/shading/etc. is like interior decorating or at least that's how I think of it. For example: (in spoiler tags as to not clog the page)
Framing the "house":post-10710-13764597183218_thumb.pngpost-10710-13764597184153_thumb.pngWalls of the "house":post-10710-13764597184649_thumb.pngpost-10710-13764597185717_thumb.pngInterior decorating of the "house":post-10710-13764597186225_thumb.png I hope that helps give you a better idea of the process.
Edited by Doctor H. Derp

That was inspirational. Im going to stick with Pencil and Paper, because I just cannot draw with a mouse.

To be honest, the photo was a joke, because that's not Wilson's line to say to rabbits. But now Im just going to keep drawing, pencil and paper style.