[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Backpack stacking

Steps to reproduce

Pickup any item in game from ground that is in your backpack.

Describe your issue

Items you pick up from the ground that you already have in your backpack won't automatically stack into the backpack, but instead go to your normal item bar. This causes clutter and time wasted manually stacking items *sadface*.

<EDIT> More info. Items do seem to stack inside once the item bar is full.

Edited by Kami
More info!

Vahnkiljoy    10

Noticed this when I had say, logs in my backpack and an empty slot in my inventory, newly picked up logs will NOT continue to fill up the stack in the backpack and will instead fill the empty slot in the inventory.

Excess    53

This has been reported several times and hopefully will be fixed Soon.

For game bugs or exploits, I suggest using the Submit a bug link from the Bugtracker subforum ;)

EDIT:

Edit: Really? REALLY?

Yes, it just happened, I've finally ninja'd you! All this years of training finally paid themselves.

Edited by Excess

Inattentive    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Backpack Stacking Issue

Steps to reproduce

1.Equip empty backpack

2.Have empty slot in inventory bar

3.Place partial stack into backpack i.e 5 twigs

4.Pick up a twig

Describe your issue

Following these steps with any item I've tested. A new stack in the inventory bar will be created, instead of placing the item onto the backpack stack.

mobius187    29
Yea, I was the first one to report this.. =P

I reported it like 2 minutes after the patch came out.

I remember complaining about it in another thread. I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight or a bug at the time, but I was told someone had already posted it as a bug issue.

Kyrri    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Items in backpack, picked up, go to reg inventory

Steps to reproduce

1. Have an item already in backpack specifically (tried with gold nugget)

2. Pick up another one of those items from the world

3. It does not automatically add to the existing backpack stack, but starts a new item stack in the regular inventory

Describe your issue

When you have an item stack in your Backpack (only!), and you pick up another item in game of that type, instead of adding to the existing backpack stack, it starts a new item stack in the regular inventory.

On a side note it's exceedingly difficult to make a reasonable issue title with the current character limit; you may want to considering expanding that limit a little.

qwerm    17

Yeah, I noticed that the backpack will always take second fiddle behind main inv when collecting items and there are ANY open spaces on your main bar, even if you have an available stack of whatever you're picking up in your backpack.

I've found I tend to spend my night consolidating my inventory, due to multiple partial stacks.

newbcake    10

A minor suggestion: When collecting an item, instead of creating a new stack in the dock, put it into the stack that is in the backpack.

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Non stacking items with backpack

Steps to reproduce

Put less than a full stack of any item in a backpack.

Pick up another unit of the item and if there is room in the regular inventory it will go to inventory.

Two non full stacks will exist.

Describe your issue

If one picks up an item in regular inventory it stacks normally, but it seems the backpack isn't treated as the same thing and non-full item stacks in your backpack won't be stacked on if there's room in the regular inventory.

seongjun    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Backpack Item stacking issue

Steps to reproduce

1. Acquire backpack

2. Put 1 of any abundant material into any slot in the backpack.

3. Collect the same abundant material.

4. Observe how it delegates the same material into the empty slots in your tool bar instead of the backpack when there is a pre-existing stack in the backpack.

5. Only when the toolbar is filled does it delegate the abundant material to the stack in the backpack.

*note* when replicating this try this with grass, twigs, or even flowers as they are the most readily available.

Describe your issue

When I am trekking out in the wild and collecting lots of items with a backpack on why do the same items I have placed in the backpack not stack on pick up? Why does it clot up the toolbar completely before finally delegating it to the backpack?

E.g. I placed 2 things of twigs in my backpack and continued to pick up twigs, but realized it was dropping those into the toolbar slots instead of the tiny stack in my backpack.

Why is this?

Why is it only when the toolbar is out of slots does it start stacking materials into the backpack?

Jababanana    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

Auto-stacking bug.

Steps to reproduce

Try picking up (i.e. wood) when you have wood in your backpack. The wood you pick up will not auto-stack with the wood already in your backpack.

Describe your issue

Items will not auto-stack with items already in your backpack. Example: When you have wood in your backpack and you pick up wood, it will go into your inventory instead of auto-stacking with the already existing items in your backpack.