Birds, Bees, and Dogs. Oh My! - Don't Starve Early-Access Beta Update!

JoeW

I was only just starting to get a firm grasp on survival; finally started getting past 20 days before dying ungloriously. I was almost to 50! And then the update came...

I knew those dogs were going to be the death of me. I'm just surprised I managed to kill one of them before they got me. Too bad my logsuit was at 1%. Might just have survived that night.

So was the addition of the hit animation really necessary? I like the idea but during my little adventure to acquire some pig skins I got stun locked by 3 of them and couldn't do anything. Was neat to see that armor doesn't absorb all the damage anymore though.

Other than that I'm liking the new stuff. Really curious as to what the hounds teeth are used for.

I don't know if anyone asked yet, but I am too anxious to play to go and look for it, but do I need to roll a new world for the changes? It doesn't seen like it, but it never hurts to ask. I am already playing, and must preparea camp to show the new stuff gfor my viewers on Youtube! D:

I don't know if anyone asked yet, but I am too anxious to play to go and look for it, but do I need to roll a new world for the changes? It doesn't seen like it, but it never hurts to ask. I am already playing, and must preparea camp to show the new stuff gfor my viewers on Youtube! D:

Nope, Kevin said himself you don't need to.

naaah you can just continue i did the same and the changes were allready there lol have fun

- - - Updated - - -

It's night...and I hear this strange sound I've never heard before. Kinda a like a box being pushed across a floor, scraping as it goes. But it's intermittent. I don't think it's a dog. Sounds a little like Lost's Smoke Monster.

lol ... those are dogs ... definetly dogs laughing at you and mocking you from the shadows ... just like it happned to me ... get a log suit and a spear and 2 hits and they die lol

It's night...and I hear this strange sound I've never heard before. Kinda a like a box being pushed across a floor, scraping as it goes. But it's intermittent. I don't think it's a dog. Sounds a little like Lost's Smoke Monster.

Yes. Yes, those would be dogs. They aren't barking so much as roaring like a lion or sounding like Lost's Smoke Monster. Excuse me, I have to run like a fool.

For some weird reason I don't seem to get the bloody hounds coming after me.... I was continuing my previous game-play and night after night, no trace of the dogs...I even camped like 5 night outside y base... (day 274 now)

I might just start again...oooh man...after all my preparations....

For some weird reason I don't seem to get the bloody hounds coming after me.... I was continuing my previous game-play and night after night, no trace of the dogs...I even camped like 5 night outside y base... (day 274 now)

Just wait. They will come. Took a few nights before they showed up for me.

well i continued its the same world and they were definetly there

Please clarify me this.... the new hat/helmet has the same strength and durability as the logsuit? I was confused on how to wear both, logsuit and backpack

for me, it does seem like the hat can indeed take the same amount of damage, yes. it's just a way to have protection and backpack up at the same time.