Birds, Bees, and Dogs. Oh My! - Don't Starve Early-Access Beta Update!

JoeW

This is getting frustrating. Now when i press play on steam a window comes up and then it gives me an error, at least thats closer then before the update when a blank window came up then imediately closes with no error, PLEASE! give me a notification on your way to fix it please or at least if your trying to fix it. -Thank you

-I love don't starve

This is getting frustrating. Now when i press play on steam a window comes up and then it gives me an error, at least thats closer then before the update when a blank window came up then imediately closes with no error, PLEASE! give me a notification on your way to fix it please or at least if your trying to fix it. -Thank you

-I love don't starve

Since this is ur 2nd post im not sure if anyone has redirected u to the bug forums yet.

Also u should read the stickied thread there: General Game Troubleshooting Guide

I hope ur issue will be fixed Soon, so u can enjoy this wonderful game with us =)

Guys, I gotta say, this new update made things waaay too easy. I love the new features, but with some luck you can get a big cemitery and get over 600 points. That means you wil probably be able to unblock a load of previously expensive features.

What I'm saying is: Please, devs, get back to old research prices. 500 for Lux Axe is expensive, but that's the point! It should'nt be easy to get! Specially Alchemy Station. That should be 500 or 1k research points. It's supposed to be difficult. With this new prices I cleared ALL recipes in 10h of gameplay.

Reply to me if you think the game is at the moment too easy with this new prices.

Also Borderless windowed mode?! YESSSS

How do you get borderless? Mine still only gives the option for fullscreen or windowed.

Also, just tried playing around with resolutions, and some strange stuff was happening while playing around with settings:

First, I selected fullscreen (I had been playing windowed). The display field was set to \\.\DISPLAY1 by default. I could not select 1920x1080, my primary display's native resolution, only up to 1280x1024. I changed my display to \\.\DISPLAY2 and then I could select 1920x1080 (it was the maximum I could select, so I assumed DISPLAY2 was using my primary monitor). I hit apply, and then my screen went into a really funky resolution - like ultra-wide (i.e., there were thick black bars on the top and bottom of my screen - definitely not 1920x1080). Here's the weird part: I hit "accept" to keep the settings, but then I hit "revert changes", and then the game changed to 1920x1080 resolution. I hit Accept again and the resolution changed once more to the funky wide one, so I just went back to windowed.

The other strange part is that my 1920x1080 display is my "1" monitor in windows' display settings. Yet I have to select "\\.\DISPLAY2" to get my 1920x1080 res in game...? (and \\.\DISPLAY1 only goes up to 1280x1024, when my second monitor goes up to 1920x1200! Confusion abound!).

Thanks for the great updates!

Edited by twincannon

that's strange, why no one realize the tool that we used up will broken animation was been removed since the update?

u know i kinda like the animation it also can allow me to know the tool was broken.(sorry bad english)

I noticed this as well. I am stupidly still clicking on a tree and wondering why he is saying "It's all piney" instead of cutting it down, when I realise my axe is gone. Then I get into it with some spiders and wonder why he isn't killing them anymore. I almost died before I realised it's because my spear has worn out, but I had no notification of it. Not even the little crunch sound to let you know it broke.

Please sort this out pronto before it gets me killed

I noticed this as well. I am stupidly still clicking on a tree and wondering why he is saying "It's all piney" instead of cutting it down, when I realise my axe is gone. Then I get into it with some spiders and wonder why he isn't killing them anymore. I almost died before I realised it's because my spear has worn out, but I had no notification of it. Not even the little crunch sound to let you know it broke.

Please sort this out pronto before it gets me killed

You should probably report this as a bug, to make sure the devs see it ;)

I made it to night 5 before my camp was invaded by dogs. This is the first I have seen them and have a few questions. I like to explore on my own, but in this case I want to be a little more prepared next time.

Do the dogs have a den or do they wander/spawn randomly? Looking at other posts it sounds random.

What is a typical pack size? I was attacked by 2, but I'm sure the number varies a bit.