Birds, Bees, and Dogs. Oh My! - Don't Starve Early-Access Beta Update!

JoeW

birds_bees_dogs-1024x640.jpg

The good people of Klei Entertainment proudly present a NEW UPDATE to their latest electronic amusement program DON’T STARVE.

Wherein our her,o the good scientist WILSON, may apply his industrious spirit to the creation of several new contrivances:

• Incapacitating BLOWDARTS,
  • devious BEE MINES,
  • a dapper VEST suitable for all formal or survival occasions,
  • a mysterious and powerful AMULET,
  • a HELMET from that glorious pass-time of foot-to-ball,
  • and a capacious and ergonomic BACKPACK to aid in the conveyance of loot!

But he must BEWARE, for a new and terrifying threat has emerged. HOUNDS and the even angrier and more deadly FLAME HOUNDS have been spotted near his encampment, and their ravenous desire for MEAT and DESTRUCTION will not be denied!

Should you have any queries, comments, or concerns surrounding this announcement, please direct yourself to this post in our Don’t Starve forums to converse with fellow esteemed explorers and champions of science!

If your preferred method of self-enlightenment is through pictorial imagery, please direct your attention to our eye-pleasing graphical posting below! Click it for maximum magnification gratification!

ds_updatePoster_BirdsBeesDogs2-552x1024.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, prepare to invest in some pan flute, becauise tallbirds are not what they used to.

Also reduced cost of boards and other board related items (chest, pig house) (some need new items now) is cool.

What an amazing update. I'm really loving it so far :D. Are back packs supposed to not be able to be carried by inventory? I've just been juggling mine around the map so i can keep armor on.

Yes, that's intentional. The way I'm doing it is keeping all my non-combat stuff in the pack as well as armor/amulet, then in a fight taking the armor and dropping the pack. I might also take the amulet if I can fit it.

It might be that I'm really tired, but the lighting looks way different. The evenings used to be purple-ish right? Now they're kind of a soft yellowy orange. And night seems to have a green tinge to it. Not sure I like it tbh. Probably just because it's different. But I was happy with how it was before. Torches seem to have a reduced radius too or at least aren't as bright.

Also, killed by hounds on day 6, I thought they'd howl but they make a sound like someone sawing a piece of wood for about 30 seconds before running in and getting a good Wilson sized meal.

I'm really confused. What happened to the restructuring of the research system? Was that idea scrapped? I still have everything unlocked and thousands of research points saved up.

That's not going to be implemented until after christmas.

Hello Guy's!

I update game and i have little problem. I can't go in option. Game is close, windows bug info. Is a problem with patch ? Maybe repair that...

Sorry for my english.

The game crashing when you try to go into options is a known issue and they're working on a fix.

Edit: On another note, I found my first hounds after a few nights. They're tough little buggers, but fairly easy to distract and not too difficult to kill. There were only two of them, though. I imagine it's a nightmare to fight a lot of them at once.

Edited by Syd

They came for me at night 21 maybe its random who knows, we have to wait for LadyD to experiment with them.

I'm on day 271, 10 night waiting I meant :p

- - - Updated - - -

They came for me at night 21 maybe its random who knows, we have to wait for LadyD to experiment with them.

I'm on day 271, 10 night waiting I meant :p