Solid item walls and the dogs that hopefully won't limit highscores.

Amulets were one of several random, but useless, items that you could dig-up from a grave. Its original purpose was as fodder for the science machine (i.e. lots of research points). With the next update however all amulets will now resurrect your character on death.

Then, uh, why do we find them in graves! ;)

If they don't come at night you can just play pigs vs. hounds. Or spiders. Or panflute and burn'em.

Btw, (why) do the trees have to be burnt for thw wall-in to work?

There are going to be fire hounds that would light the trees on fire apparently. So it's best to have them pre-burned to avoid any damage or destruction. From what we saw in the video they were out during the day :\ which i'm worried about.

Do we have any info on when the patch is coming?

I am up to day 60-something now and am getting pretty bored. Not to tempt fate but I feel pretty invincible right now and do want some fresh stuff to challenge me.

I think they should be looking now at making the game more challenging in the later stage, when you have researched everything and have a good stockpile of everything you need to survive.

Don't know how they would do this, but that's why I am not a developer, I don't have good ideas about things like this, that's not my job

Do we have any info on when the patch is coming?

I am up to day 60-something now and am getting pretty bored. Not to tempt fate but I feel pretty invincible right now and do want some fresh stuff to challenge me.

We're pretty early into development here and that's already where the game is heading. Tougher and tougher day by day. Usually during a beta they push out content then make adjustments to the difficulty as they progress. Just imagine when this game is done months later. It's gonna be pretty tough :D