Sign in to follow this  
T4Y13O

futher adventurous

T4Y13O    10

this idea has been wondering around in my head for a while and i finally thought that this should be in the next update.

there should be some caves, cliffs and various terrains instead of just 1 flat piece of land connecting to another. caves would come with bears and bats and you would need a torch to go in and when you go in the veiw changes to above his head and closer instead of at an angle and you would have to watch out for traps. when you would get to the end you would find a bear and you would either fight it or run away. when you kill the bear (if you choose to fight) it would drop various things and bear meat. it would drop fur so you could use it for magic and drop valuables for researching. for the various terrain you would be able to take fall damage if you drop from too high up. it would make the game more fun and you would have to be more careful where you tread!

-T4Y13O (sorry if there are typos)

501105    20

Ah yes, many suggestion have been made on content for more adventures. There so many possible new biomes we could explore like beaches, ashlands, jungles, dungeons/caves, snowy and so on. Some have even suggested taking out the bridges and requiring you to make a boat in order to visit other islands/biomes in the world.

Anyhow I like the idea of a dangerous cave with traps, bats and bear(s) in it. It would be very nice to enter a dark cave with only a torch and see lots of bats flying around. Bears would make for a fine challenge. The only thing I doubt about it are the elevations in the terrain, those could be tricky to implement.

T4Y13O    10

yea it probably is hard to put terrain elevation in but it still would be pretty cool. oh and also there should be duel weild so you can hold a torch and a spear. Not just in caves aswell

:)

mobius187    29
there should be some caves, cliffs and various terrains instead of just 1 flat piece of land connecting to another.

If by different terrain you mean different biomes, then yes, as 501105 pointed out this has been discussed and there is considerable interest in creating new types of areas. As for cliffs, if you want 3D terrain you may be out of luck as I don't believe the DEVs plan to include elevation, or simply, the ground will probably stay flat. Of course that's not to say they couldn't place some objects like caves on the map... however that may cause issues with the camera rotation. In the past I've suggested accessing underground areas via a crevasse in the ground itself.

caves would come with bears and bats and you would need a torch to go in and when you go in the veiw changes to above his head and closer instead of at an angle and you would have to watch out for traps.

Bears have recently been discussed, and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game. Due to the aforementioned issue with 3D cave entrances I suggested that bears would simply live/sleep outside in the forest. As for bats... they could be like birds, but never landing and just being there for atmosphere.

Not sure about changing the camera view or traps. Who set the traps? Why are they there? Why didn't the bears trip the traps? Are they bear traps? I like things to be logical.

when you would get to the end you would find a bear and you would either fight it or run away. when you kill the bear (if you choose to fight)...

Okay, so it's a bear cave. So are those traps you mentioned earlier set to capture the bear? How powerful is the bear? Would it fall asleep if it was hit by a blow dart? I would assume yes.

...it would drop various things and bear meat. it would drop fur so you could use it for magic and drop valuables for researching.

Okay, bear meat and fur sound fine to me. I also wouldn't mind getting bear claws to create a new weapon. As for magic... what kind? I'm generally against magic, but I would like to still hear the suggestion rather than arbitrarily dismissing it. Lastly, research points will be eliminated in January so there's no need to consider them anymore for new ideas.

for the various terrain you would be able to take fall damage if you drop from too high up. it would make the game more fun and you would have to be more careful where you tread!

Again, I don't think there will be different elevations (3D terrain). But that's just based on what little I know at this time.

yea it probably is hard to put terrain elevation in but it still would be pretty cool. oh and also there should be duel weild so you can hold a torch and a spear. Not just in caves aswell

True. Also I think Klei is making us choose when it comes to light source vs other tools. However you do have some options, like the Miners Helmet which is a light source that sits on your head and frees up your hand. I just wish it lasted longer...