Show Me This Life (Alt. Timeline, Huge Spoilers In Early Chapters)

Oy, I don't really have a chapter per se as I do a PIC. And considering the difficulty I had with making this one, I probably won't ponify any other characters. (I attempted Maxwell, but had to surrender QUITE quickly on that one. @.@)post-59607-13764597371568_thumb.pngIs it just me or does he wear a beard(goatee) better as a pony than as a human...?

Edited by Tesability

Um...yes and no...? And allow me to ask you a question. Why would Maxwell aid Wilson, even after the boy's flipping out in spades, in slicing open his avatar's throat?

You just confused me. I'm sorry! :wilson_dilemma: Either I've been reading to fast or I can't understand the concept of your plan for this story: what is an avatar? I remember the two fighting, but how that battle ended, I wasn't sure of..

You just confused me. I'm sorry! :wilson_dilemma: Either I've been reading to fast or I can't understand the concept of your plan for this story: what is an avatar? I remember the two fighting, but how that battle ended, I wasn't sure of..

This shall actually be explained in due time, m'dear. I can say that either in the next chapter or the one following that, you will have the answer to this question. >:3

Show Me This Life

Chapter 18: Old Wounds

His emotions, both confusion and anger, were growing in rapid pace as he heard Willow and Wickerbottom talk as they tried to find him in the darkness. Willow's curious questions revealed many things that had been hidden from him for so long, a trait she had learned from him.

How a train wreck ended up damaging Wickerbottom a few days before his birth. The doctors that claimed that it would be kinder to have ended his life after they realized he was immoble. How a demonic entity claimed to be able to grant mobility in exchange for his father's life as well as his own much later on. The entity's apparent filling him with a dark energy that finally allowed him to cry out in hunger. The fact that his inventive mind was always treated as a foul trait ever since in attempt to keep him from winding up here to begin with whenever he did nearly anything with the scientific arts. These were all things that were kept hidden from him and it hurt to only know find out about all of it.

"Why," he finally sputtered softly. Only Willow heard his soft-spoken word and aimed the light of the flaming sphere in her hand toward the source of the voice, revealing finally where he was in the darkness.

"Uncle," Willow cried out in relief as she tried to run for him in order to give him a hug, but he simply kept backing up. Wickerbottom looked up toward him, ignorant of the wings that seemed to blend into the black behind him as her weary eyes met with his.

"Why didn't you tell me all this? WHY?!" His voice was raising in volume as he spoke, his fury becoming more obvious as well as directed at the elder. "Any time I did something that I THOUGHT would make you proud of me wound up getting me scorned and hated further! To top it off, you treated me as if I was the demon, not the dark spirit within! And you WONDER why I ran away from home back then!"

Taking another step backward into the dark, Wilson turned around and walked away, picking a branch up along the way, since he had the feeling he knew what Wickerbottom may do. As he predicted, the scientist felt a hand placed on his back almost in an effort to console him, an action that was immediately returned with a rapid strike across the center with the branch as if it was a sword cutting through a person.

However, as soon as Wilson saw the person he struck in the now-fallen darkness, he dropped the branch in horror. "No...what have I..." He fell to his knees next to the small body, picking Willow's body up from the ground, wrapping his wings around her even as he felt her body lighten over time before disolving into dust, ash and blood in his arms.

Once she was gone, the man placed his palms hard upon the ground, the tears falling from his face. "I'm done...I give up...I just killed the only true family I had..." He did not even flinch at the sounds of footsteps coming up behind him.

"Say, pal, you don't look so good..."

Edited by Tesability

nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo willow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:( :( :( :(why did you kill willow whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by geni0529

Same there TrebleStudios.I'm really confused,i don't really understand everything,maybe i read too fast or is it just that the concept of the story isn't good :/ .

*clears throat* I'm not saying the story isn't good, it's wonderful. I meant that either I was reading to fast, or the confusing secrets of the story probably have yet to be released.Nice entrance, Maxie. Stay classy ;)

*clears throat* I'm not saying the story isn't good, it's wonderful. I meant that either I was reading to fast, or the confusing secrets of the story probably have yet to be released.Nice entrance, Maxie. Stay classy ;)

Most-likely either the confusing aspects of the tale haven't been revealed or my brain's going faster than I can type...again. I can say that I'm getting really-close to wrapping up this tale...and making sure any future long stories like this are fully-written and given a proper story title before starting to post them up here again. The number of times my mind has changed its mind on something is unreal. >_>;

Most-likely either the confusing aspects of the tale haven't been revealed or my brain's going faster than I can type...again. I can say that I'm getting really-close to wrapping up this tale...and making sure any future long stories like this are fully-written and given a proper story title before starting to post them up here again. The number of times my mind has changed its mind on something is unreal. >_>;

It's okay, I do the same thing: type faster than I can think. Just make sure that, if you don't already, read over your chapters and look for typos of things that don't make sense and try to clarify them. :D

It's okay, I do the same thing: type faster than I can think. Just make sure that, if you don't already, read over your chapters and look for typos of things that don't make sense and try to clarify them. :D

*facepalm* Reverse the bold and you have my actual problem.

I didn't say the story wasn't good i meant that the concept is strange like i can't follow what's going on and that i must read it multiple times to understand it.

Don't worry, that's not just you. I tend to weave multiple concepts and story mechanics into one tale if it's longer than a one-shot. One time, I ended up losing MYSELF in a story, and I WROTE the damned thing. (I was still in my teens, though...)

*attempts to calm herself* It doesn't seem like anyone here knows what it's like to perform well in a roleplay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Show Me This Life

Chapter 19: Return to the Throne

Maxwell opened his eyes after what felt like a long time since he closed them last, a significant drain being felt almost immediately. Even with the aid of the cursed throne he was upon, projecting one's own image outside of a certain range takes a toll on him. He hated it, but it was something he had learned to deal with over time. Despite his arms being bound at the wrists, he still had enough mobility in one of them to give a solid flick toward a specific spot nearby.

With this simple action did a rapidly-growing spot of black mist appear nearby, only stopping its expansion once it was large enough to cover a fully-grown person within itself. Upon hearing the sound of a simple snap, the shadows disappated, leaving Wilson's broken form behind, still upon his knees and finally out of tears to shed with his large grey wings almost completely covering him. He hadn't even moved an inch, which managed to make a sideways scowl appear on the Puppet Master's face.

Maxwell, figuring something needed to be done, closed his eyes once again. His appearance seemed to suddenly relax in the black chair as another sphere of shadows appeared just in front of him. The blackness seemed to grow more in height than width, and were instantly broken when the being within lashed out his thin arms to either side, revealing a much more dapper double of the Puppet Master, though he had a strange scar across his neck that the original form never had.

"Out of all the people I've brought here, I'd never thought I'd see someone so severely broken in heart," the double muttered to himself before walking over and lightly kicking Wilson over onto his side. He simply shook his head at the deadened eyes Wilson seemed to have, like the boy had indeed surrendered himself and accepted whatever fate awaited him. "Well, this isn't good."

Swirling a hand slightly in the air, a fresh cigar appeared in Maxwell's hand, bringing it to his face as a spark of flame emerged in his other hand. Lighting the cigar and taking a breath of the cigar's smoke in, the tall man started to think about how to at least snap his little puppet out of his slump. Taking the cigar out of his mouth for a second, Maxwell had a quick idea. Almost all of Wilson's skin was covered in cloth, hair and feather, but there was still one sensative area unprotected by any of these.

Kneeling down, almost in a sitting position next to the downtrotten scientist, Maxwell placed the lit end of the cigar near the back of his neck in hopes of some sort of reaction. The most the Puppet Master got out of his toy was a flinch and his eyes closing for a brief second before reopening once more. "Damn," Maxwell swore before standing back up properly, taking in another puff as he did. "He's pulling one of Charlie's old shut-downs, didn't think I'd see anyone else doing that."

Maxwell spun a neat 180 degrees in his spot when he heard the sound of something being smashed to bits in a single swing. What he saw was a familiar sight to him, the accursed phonograph that he had learned to tune out by now being on the recieving end of a large stone hammer, held by a very-annoyed pale-skined girl dressed in all black.

"Did you just now mention me?" Maxwell simply pointed back toward Wilson without even bothering to turn back toward him.

"I think I may have actually missed something. You have any idea why he's like this?"

Edited by Tesability

Show Me This Life

Chapter 20: Crucifixion

“I couldn’t really tell ya, Willie,” Charlie simply shrugged at the question. “All I know is that Willow girl just broke my Hound’s back upon re-entry, despite the fact I told her to stay put on Earth.” Out of a small hidden pocket up one of her shirt sleeves did the young lady pull out a green, transparent crystal, one that seemed to emit various unidentifiable screams from within. “You have no idea how difficult it is to fit an unbound soul into one of these things.”

“She doesn’t sound too comfortable in there,” Maxwell cracked with a smart remark before taking another puff of his cigar, blowing the smoke purposefully toward the broken soul on the floor. “You got any ideas for snapping him out of this? You know full well I don’t like my property being broken like this.” Shooting an acidic glare toward the Puppet Master for referring to a human being as piece of property to be claimed, Charlie simply tossed over the green, spherical gem toward Wilson’s direction, landing just in front of his face.

“This should get his attention quick.”

When the gem was done rolling, the faint image of Willow’s appearance appeared on its surface, palms held up as if she was leaning against the gem’s outside from within.

“Uncle!” was the only word that could be understood in all her screaming, but the one word was enough to grab Wilson’s attention and get him to look up from the cold grey floor to the dark-green jewel.

“Willow…?” He slowly reached out for the gem in front of him, unsure of if it was a trap. He assumed it wasn’t when he grabbed it before sitting up onto his knees, wings wrapped around him as if it offered at least a false sense of protection. “Willow, is that really you?” Before the little girl could even respond to the desperate question, a hand of black mist slipped under his wings and grabbed his left hand, lifting him up suddenly onto his feet and forcing him to drop the jeweled sphere. “Let go of me!”

Just as Wilson tried to grab hold of the hand so he can free his own did another Night Hand grab his right hand. The two black claws separated both hands, forcing his arms straight to either side of him as another shape of black mist, this time a cross appeared behind him. The vertical part fit perfectly between the large wings on his back and the horizontal part that his arms were now bound to rested just above them in such a way that even if he tried to flap them in fury, the scientist couldn’t use them to create a violent windstorm around himself in defense. Once the cross was formed, he found his feet tied together at the ankles and pinned against the base of the cross, though they still laid flat on the ground. One final hand wrapped itself around both his waist and the wings behind him, binding his center in place and keeping the wings in one place. Gritting his teeth together, he tried to muster what strength he could to break free from his binds, but only succeeded in wearing himself out.

"You’re all too predictable, my fellow Aspergian,” Charlie spoke from near her place next to the throne. Her face had now adopted a cruel smile, which Wilson caught sight of as he looked up toward her.

“You two…were working together…this whole time…?”

Edited by Tesability