Nov. 27 Update: The Birds and the Bees & the Dogs That Want to Kill You.

JoeW

Hidden

We’ve assembled this most exquisite moving picture show to highlight the forthcoming update to Don’t Starve.

Should you have any queries, comments, or concerns surrounding this announcement, please direct your attention to the bulletin board below to electronically converse with fellow esteemed explorers and champions of science!

• Thanks 1
  • MOTD
Hidden
Sept. 27... is it just me, or is something odd about that threads headline? ;D

edit: ... and it seems the video does not want to play for me. nothing happens when hitting the button to start it.

edit2: ok, I just watched it on your homepage, works there, must be something odd with the linked video in the forum here.

Not sure why it won't play for you here, I can't reproduce that problem in any of my browsers. But in case anyone else has that problem here's the blog url: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/update-teaser-trailer-birds-and-the-bees-and-the-dogs-that-want-to-kill-you/

Also, I fixed that title ;) Thanks!

Hidden

Very nice... the football helmet, bee mines, blowgun, hounds, and the amulet in action. Also, what was up with all those tallbirds? Maybe it's just the map that was used for the video...? I assume the your character cannot set-off a landmine they placed? If so, then that would allow you to secure your base camp, while allow you to enter/leave with relative ease. Otherwise, not as much.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

actually, after I checked it on your homepage, it would also play here in the forum, hence I edited the stuff out again, propably just firefox beeing a bit crazy on me.

disapointed the hounds look like werepigs on 4 legs instead of 2

what are you talking of? they look like dogs, werepigs don't, they are greyish black, werepigs are not, they have a giant mouth with mean sharp teeth, werepigs don't...

I think you mix up "having the same artstyle" with "looking alike".

Edited by Bogpad
Hidden
actually, after I checked it on your homepage, it would also play here in the forum, hence I edited the stuff out again, propably just firefox beeing a bit crazy on me.

what are you talking of? they look like dogs, werepigs don't, they are greyish black, werepigs are not, they have a giant mouth with mean sharp teeth, werepigs don't...

I think you mix up "having the same artstyle" with "looking alike".

On second look of the trailer, i must of seen something wrong because they do look different maybe its just the teeth. Though your probably right

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

looking forward to this.

Bee mines. Hounds... Its going to be great. And was that waffles i saw in the background!

OO I think I saw the taco too?

Kevin likes to tease!

Wow those hounds have BIG mouths.

Edited by LadyD