Hello I Draw The Art

Isn't Webber actually two creatures; a human that wasn't digested and a spider?

Well the child clearly died at some point so when they get resurrected I think they fused together

plus if they were separate entities youd have a naked boy with a spider as a hat running around

• Like 2

tumblr_n3mtba0dsk1r5z40vo1_1280.png

I got myself a wilson dragon in flight rising and he makes me happy

uuuuh! nice one! i like this one even more than the bird-Wilson.

well, mostly because i have a thing for dragons, but still. very lovely. i would love to see his wings fully.

Flight Rising sounds like an interesting game. I will have to sign up when possible.

Wilson the Dragon is lookin pretty sweet, but I'm a bit bothered that his arms and face aren't hairier. Might as well go all the way since he already has sprouted wings, ears, and a fluffy tail. :razz:

Flight Rising sounds like an interesting game. I will have to sign up when possible.

Wilson the Dragon is lookin pretty sweet, but I'm a bit bothered that his arms and face aren't hairier. Might as well go all the way since he already has sprouted wings, ears, and a fluffy tail. :razz:

Theres a registration window open this monday

Theres a registration window open this monday

Finally found a reason to use a sticky note. I have a tower of stacks yet used I have managed to gather over the years--don't know why.

The game looks browser based and usually it's hard to find one that has a lasting appeal--however, this one has pretty dragons and I love dragons.

EDIT: Is Wilson an arctic/alpine dragon? I forget what they are called.

Edited by Parrotoss

Finally found a reason to use a sticky note. I have a tower of stacks yet used I have managed to gather over the years--don't know why.

The game looks browser based and usually it's hard to find one that has a lasting appeal--however, this one has pretty dragons and I love dragons.

EDIT: Is Wilson an arctic/alpine dragon? I forget what they are called.

Its a petsite, you get dragons and breed them to get certain colors/genes and stuff. You can dress them up and play games. It's kinda silly sounding but its all in good fun, Its just a nice site to visit after you're done with other stuff.

And wilson's a tundra, the hairiest kind of dragon on the site and I thought it fit him well

Its a petsite, you get dragons and breed them to get certain colors/genes and stuff. You can dress them up and play games. It's kinda silly sounding but its all in good fun, Its just a nice site to visit after you're done with other stuff.

And wilson's a tundra, the hairiest kind of dragon on the site and I thought it fit him well

Doh, I just knew the name related to snow or cold, harsh-ish weather. Yep, I can certainly see how the hairy creatures would be the most fitting for Wilson/

Also, is there a large market for buying dragons--big deal with genetics and whatnot? I would try to consult the site and such, but I can't get specifics. I am usually bad with those type of games because I want to breed and sell right away to make some $--like a horrible puppy mill.

I plan on actually learning to care about my pixel friends this time around, however. That is were the fun is.

Oh, and will you be getting a William/Maxwell dragon? It seems like it would be hard to find the most proper breed.

Ahh, I just saw the full version of your avatar--ooolala, yes, Maximum?

EDIT: Make Maxwell a rainbow Fae dragon. :)

Edited by Parrotoss

Doh, I just knew the name related to snow or cold, harsh-ish weather. Yep, I can certainly see how the hairy creatures would be the most fitting for Wilson/

Also, is there a large market for buying dragons--big deal with genetics and whatnot? I would try to consult the site and such, but I can't get specifics. I am usually bad with those type of games because I want to breed and sell right away to make some $--like a horrible puppy mill.

I plan on actually learning to care about my pixel friends this time around, however. That is were the fun is.

Oh, and will you be getting a William/Maxwell dragon? It seems like it would be hard to find the most proper breed.

Ahh, I just saw the full version of your avatar--ooolala, yes, Maximum?

EDIT: Make Maxwell a rainbow Fae dragon. :-)

I did pick up a Maxwell dragon the other day, decided to go with an Imperial since they're tall and long ahah might change him to a ridgeback though, they have huge noses

Id show you a picture of him but I need to dapper him up some more

I did pick up a Maxwell dragon the other day, decided to go with an Imperial since they're tall and long ahah might change him to a ridgeback though, they have huge noses

Id show you a picture of him but I need to dapper him up some more

Alright, neato. When I join into the game I'm sure I will pester you with tips if that is alright.

Anyway, your art is lovely and..curious. May I ask how you do your outlines and how you keep them so smooth?

I normally utilize the pen tool and various program given gadgets to get the job done, but at times it takes so long. Is it normal? I know art takes time and I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something essential.

Of course, I take common sense into account and focus on doing outlines of small and simple images before something big is tackled.

Is it better to finish an outline in one go and then color it later, or is it recommended to do it in small increments? Stupid question, I know, (it's up to an artist's style.) but some people I have asked have been oddly aggressive about it.

You know, I think I am just asking for some general advice now. Couldn't hurt, right?

Alright, neato. When I join into the game I'm sure I will pester you with tips if that is alright.

Anyway, your art is lovely and..curious. May I ask how you do your outlines and how you keep them so smooth?

I normally utilize the pen tool and various program given gadgets to get the job done, but at times it takes so long. Is it normal? I know art takes time and I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something essential.

Of course, I take common sense into account and focus on doing outlines of small and simple images before something big is tackled.

Is it better to finish an outline in one go and then color it later, or is it recommended to do it in small increments? Stupid question, I know, (it's up to an artist's style.) but some people I have asked have been oddly aggressive about it.

You know, I think I am just asking for some general advice now. Couldn't hurt, right?

I just use a custom brush I made in MyPaint for lines, it's nothing special

tumblr_n3wenkA9Y01r5z40vo1_250.png

Just something I found I liked after messing around in the editor

For the things with the cleanest lines I start out with a very very rough sketch

tumblr_n3wenkA9Y01r5z40vo2_1280.png

Then I just line it. I've been told my art is very angular (?) so my lines tend to be straight or slightly curved, if you look close you can see where they start and stop

tumblr_n3wenkA9Y01r5z40vo3_1280.png

tumblr_n3wenkA9Y01r5z40vo4_1280.png

When I color it I clean up the lines some more

My drawing style usually just means draw without much of a sketch or guide and so I end up with things like this normally

tumblr_n3wf2u4RJ71r5z40vo1_1280.png

Lining just takes awhile to do, and the cleaner the lines the longer it takes. you're not doing anything wrong

as for the finish it in one go/do it in incriments

I say, if you have the energy and inspiration to do it all at once to go for it! If you're not feeling it and it feels like more of a chore then I say do it in small parts. The last one is good if you're doing commission work since you can set aside time to do certain parts (like "today Im going to line, and tomorrow I am going to color, and the next day Im going to finish") and then charge accordingly if you do hourly rates

• Like 1

You make everything on this MyPaint?

I never even heard about this software.

I do my sketches and lines mostly in MyPaint; I use gimp, paint tool sai and sometimes photoshop for editing and coloring.

Gimp and MyPaint are freeware programs, and I highly recommend them

I couldn't find blenders on Paint tool sai so I gave up (I'm probably just dumb though).

I was looking for something to emulate Klei's original style as close as possible and the lines were the hardest part to get right. I'll try MyPaint, thanks.

There are blenders in Sai

I could also give you some pointers on how to emulate Jeff's style, since I've been trying to do it myself sometimes.

Not a sir but whatever, first off, just look at his art look hard.

I'll have to leave you just with that for now, its late for me and putting together a full blown tutorial wouldnt be smart as of now. sorry

I spent a fair amount of time just looking at it, both to admire and to learn.

This is something I did for a streamer in a couple of hours: http://i.imgur.com/U54b23P.jpg

@Plague Mouse upon waking up and starting my day I started to put a tutorial together in my head and

wow that would take about a day or 3 to put together for real, so sorry. All I can really say as...vague advice that wont take up all my time is that, his style is loose and messy and the coloring (at least for the dont starve art) looks made with pen and watercolors. Lines are made up of a bunch of smaller lines and proportion is very exaggerated. Limbs tend to be either noodles or very angular, there really isnt an inbetween. The forbidden knowlage video is great if you want to see some perspective and how the limbs and body of wilson stretch and move.

I could probably just do a whole thing on how wilson works himself, but again I dont really have the time as of right now.

TDLR; if it looks good exaggerated, go with it?

Hey, thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm not familiar with MyPaint, I was recently got Paint Tool Sai from a friend and I plan to take full advantage of it. The options seem to work similar and the explanations makes sense--it may seem shallow of me to say, but practice, practice, and most of all, enjoy. I could never be an artists as a career choice because I would never want to feel stressed towards it and for art to possibly turn into a skill I resent--I have seen it happen to a few people.

Anyway, I found with my lines is that I try too hard to get them perfect on the first try, but it never occurred to me that it would be alright to over or underestimate length and to just clean it up later--yes, I learned something!

Oh, and wonderful art like always. The way you portrayed shadow Wilson caught me off guard. He is actually scary with those freaky, shiny, ladybug eyes....ಡ_ಡ

Edited by Parrotoss