TrebleStudios-Don't Starve Fan Art

Drawing this piece was probably the most difficult so far, so pardon for any mistakes

The room was silent except for gentle crackling of the fire. The humming of the gem upon Wilson's chest had not ceased. Maxwell remained in his seat, for he hadn't moved since they had first arrived. Hours had passed, and the Puppet master lounged in a deep sleep. Charlie had left he room long ago and gone about the wilderness, seeking those lost in the darkness. Then, out of the silence came a haunting ambiance and the shadows moved swiftly towards the figure on the sofa. For a few moments, they watched him, still and silent before a dark figure came over him and manipulated the life-saving gem. The moment the item turned from a lively crimson to deep violet, They moved away and the scientist awoke with a start.

His eyes grew wide, at first confused. For a few seconds, he cast his sleep-heavy eyes around the foreign room. Wilson began to take a deep breath and welcome the air that left his cold and petrified chest, until he suddenly stopped, coughing and sputtering. Maxwell woke abruptly at this noise, and look up in time to see the weakened scientist flop limply from the couch to the floor. The sounds that escaped the man's throat turned Maxwell's stomach in knots. Wilson wheezed, trying to take in air that seemingly didn't exist and clutched at his chest and throat. Maxwell slowly rose and moved to kneel next to him when a sickening noise sounded from Wilson. A gargle. Then, a dark, thick liquid poured steadily from his barely open mouth. Blood.

In an instant, Maxwell scooped Wilson up in his arms and sat heavily on the sofa with the strangled man in his lap. He roughly patted him on the back in an attempt to aid him. As Wilson's eyes began to close in exhaustion, Maxwell panicked.

"CHARLIE!"

post-53951-13764597290759_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Drawing this piece was probably the most difficult so far, so pardon for any mistakes

The room was silent except for gentle crackling of the fire. The humming of the gem upon Wilson's chest had not ceased. Maxwell remained in his seat, for he hadn't moved since they had first arrived. Hours had passed, and the Puppet master lounged in a deep sleep. Charlie had left he room long ago and gone about the wilderness, seeking those lost in the darkness. Then, out of the silence came a haunting ambiance and the shadows moved swiftly towards the figure on the sofa. For a few moments, they watched him, still and silent before a dark figure came over him and manipulated the life-saving gem. The moment the item turned from a lively crimson to deep violet, They moved away and the scientist awoke with a start.

His eyes grew wide, at first confused. For a few seconds, he cast his sleep-heavy eyes around the foreign room. Wilson began to take a deep breath and welcome the air that left his cold and petrified chest, until he suddenly stopped, coughing and sputtering. Maxwell woke abruptly at this noise, and look up in time to see the weakened scientist flop limply from the couch to the floor. The sounds that escaped the man's throat turned Maxwell's stomach in knots. Wilson wheezed, trying to take in air that seemingly didn't exist and clutched at his chest and throat. Maxwell slowly rose and moved to kneel next to him when a sickening noise sounded from Wilson. A gargle. Then, a dark, thick liquid poured steadily from his barely open mouth. Blood.

In an instant, Maxwell scooped Wilson up in his arms and sat heavily on the sofa with the strangled man in his lap. He roughly patted him on the back in an attempt to aid him. As Wilson's eyes began to close in exhaustion, Maxwell panicked.

"CHARLIE!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11838[/ATTACH]

I can't wait to see where this is going now. Maxwell's fatherly side is really starting to show.

Wow, They played dirty pool with this one, corrupting the Life-Giving Amulet and turning it into an altered Nightmare Amulet. Both inducing an incredible state of insanity while worn like normal as well as now tearing him apart from within. Or maybe the Amulet wasn't truly altered and the thawing of his lungs were allowed to reveal how damaged they truly were...I swear, almost all of us in this forum are rather-cruel to poor Mr. Higgsbury and that's including myself as well. ^^;

Wow, They played dirty pool with this one, corrupting the Life-Giving Amulet and turning it into an altered Nightmare Amulet. Both inducing an incredible state of insanity while worn like normal as well as now tearing him apart from within. Or maybe the Amulet wasn't truly altered and the thawing of his lungs were allowed to reveal how damaged they truly were...I swear, almost all of us in this forum are rather-cruel to poor Mr. Higgsbury and that's including myself as well. ^^;

His lungs and the amulet are affecting him: insane and dying again, where do we go now? I don't mean to be mean to Wilson, I love the little guy, but I needed a conflict that wasn't supernatural like most, and I needed one that was something we could at least ATTEMPT to relate with. We can feel what the character feels much more if they're put in a down to earth situation. Glad you guys are enjoying this and following the story, it means a lot to me :wilson_laugh: Edited by TrebleStudios

I can't wait to see where this is going now. Maxwell's fatherly side is really starting to show.

Poor Max is getting a slap in the face from the past..Almost a Deja Vu if Wilson wasn't subject to insanity and nightmarish creatures. :/ Glad you are enjoying this, it means a lot to me :wilson_laugh:My sis was excited to read your comment, she was like: "Someone understands!" :excitement: Edited by TrebleStudios

Awesome stuff as always, have you been thinking of submitting this on DeviantArt as well?

I want to, but I'm afraid Deviantart will give the computer a bug. I was on Deviantart a lot one time at my grandparents' house, and I was using their computer, and they got a bad bug from the site. I just don't want my computer to crash again, 'cause then we can't afford to fix it again.

I want to, but I'm afraid Deviantart will give the computer a bug. I was on Deviantart a lot one time at my grandparents' house, and I was using their computer, and they got a bad bug from the site. I just don't want my computer to crash again, 'cause then we can't afford to fix it again.

Lol seriously I've been on DeviantArt since 2008 and never encountered malware, millions of people use DeviantArt on a daily basis... Uh and don't call it bug because that's confusing, a bug is an error caused by code that hasn't been written properly. Malware is probably the best word to sum up all these viruses, trojans, rootkits and whatnot.If your grandparents have a crappy comp without proper anti-virus software and OS that hasn't been updated it's no surprise you got malware on that comp. Also, don't click adds and clear the web cache often. I'm ACTUALLY using my grandparents laptop right now on my vacation ;) Running smooth even after 2 years of random web browsing!

Lol seriously I've been on DeviantArt since 2008 and never encountered malware, millions of people use DeviantArt on a daily basis... Uh and don't call it bug because that's confusing, a bug is an error caused by code that hasn't been written properly. Malware is probably the best word to sum up all these viruses, trojans, rootkits and whatnot.If your grandparents have a crappy comp without proper anti-virus software and OS that hasn't been updated it's no surprise you got malware on that comp. Also, don't click adds and clear the web cache often. I'm ACTUALLY using my grandparents laptop right now on my vacation ;) Running smooth even after 2 years of random web browsing!

I completely trust what you're saying, but I'll have to see if it's okay with my mother; she's the most worried about our computer. Thanks for the clarification. :D

I just watched the "Hungry for your Hunger" update, and couldn't keep myself from drawing this. Thanks to Tesability for revealing the trailer to me![ATTACH=CONFIG]11913[/ATTACH]

That Wilson animation in the video made me lol. Nice likeness in your drawing!I feel even more sorry for him now; first Spidders, then Batilisks, and now Hunger Leeches and Cave Monkeys. Is Maxwell EVER gonna cut him a break? XP

That Wilson animation in the video made me lol. Nice likeness in your drawing!I feel even more sorry for him now; first Spidders, then Batilisks, and now Hunger Leeches and Cave Monkeys. Is Maxwell EVER gonna cut him a break? XP

I guess not. Poor Wilson, we weep for you.

Speaking of Wilson (this just came to mind), my family and I happen to be fostering a hound named Wilson. XD Isn't that funny? Edited by TrebleStudios

I just watched the "Hungry for your Hunger" update, and couldn't keep myself from drawing this. Thanks to Tesability for revealing the trailer to me![ATTACH=CONFIG]11913[/ATTACH]

Wilson's animations real cute though sometimes I feel bad for him since he's always get abused :D

Speaking of Wilson (this just came to mind), my family and I happen to be fostering a hound named Wilson. XD Isn't that funny?

Ha! Reminds me how my parents while I was away adopted a kitten and named him Maxwell! There's something I don't trust about that cat... xD