Ohey! You found my art thread! Well, I'm sure you know what goes on here- ART of course! Doodles and assorted pieces of digital art I make related to the Game Don't Starve. Granted I'm not bloody brilliant at art but I do the best I can at it and enjoy any smile it either gives or receives. I am very keen on Illustrations and fantasy so that is what inspires my drawings mainly. Portraits are nice too! In any case, glad you came and feel free to have a look around. There's snacks in the kitchen, all the art stuff is in the gallery. I'm open to critiques and comments. In any case, thanks for popping in!

Here's a sample of something I made.

Edited by diekunstler

I don't really have any critique to give, but i do have compliments. The first image is very pleasant to look at, it's so soft and calm. The more "dontstarvian" images are good too, you replicate the style enough for it to fit but still manage to keep some personal touch to it. I look forward to seeing more from you. :)

Did a quick doodle for my avatar. Because of reasons (and bunnymen are awesome.) I'm tempted to open up a thread where I'll make these avatars for people of themselves in this version as well as background image and misc items and pose in it. Since I'm having a 4 day weekend soon maybe it will be possible.

I love love Love the insanity Wilson! You did an amazing job. I could watch it switch back and forth for an hour... Also, is Wilson smiling to try to calm himself or is he just smiling because he's insane?

I love love Love the insanity Wilson! You did an amazing job. I could watch it switch back and forth for an hour... Also, is Wilson smiling to try to calm himself or is he just smiling because he's insane?

Ah, thanks! Also- er. He's not trying to calm himself- yes he's smiling because hes gone insane but notice which way the axe is pointing?

Ah, thanks! Also- er. He's not trying to calm himself- yes he's smiling because hes gone insane but notice which way the axe is pointing?

Haha no I noticed. I was just wondering how you interpreted it yourself. =D Art's so easy to find many different meanings in so I wanted to know the one that it was made under. Anyway, hope to see more of your awesome work when you have time on your hands!

Haha no I noticed. I was just wondering how you interpreted it yourself. =D Art's so easy to find many different meanings in so I wanted to know the one that it was made under. Anyway, hope to see more of your awesome work when you have time on your hands!

I agree completely with you on that. Oh and there will definitely be more haha. Perhaps not as detailed ad such with Insanity sicne that was a contest piece- but a little more on the scribble side since If I try to do a personal big project it never gets finished so I have to do small short cute ones. My next after I finish some avatar requests will involve bunnies hehe.

I agree completely with you on that. Oh and there will definitely be more haha. Perhaps not as detailed ad such with Insanity sicne that was a contest piece- but a little more on the scribble side since If I try to do a personal big project it never gets finished so I have to do small short cute ones. My next after I finish some avatar requests will involve bunnies hehe.

I'll be looking forward to it then! The bunnies in Don't Starve are so creepily adorable! >w<

Done in Paint Tool SAI now as it is my new program courtesy of [MENTION=40798]Miss[/MENTION] for helping me with the program and giving many many tips on it. She also helped me fix Maxwells body and such. I'm very grateful. In any case this took me ten hours. Five for sketch and line-art then five for coloring and shading, etc. I have much more art that i've built up in the past few weeks through school but I'll post that at a later time.Also, the dark sword looks plain ridiculous- like a pirate sword. Maxwell deserves something that suits a gentlemen more- such as a fancy rapier. Also I wanted to put a top hat on him. He needs to wear a top hat ore often- he looks good in them.

Edited by diekunstler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9083[/ATTACH]Done in Paint Tool SAI now as it is my new program courtesy of [MENTION=40798]Miss[/MENTION] for helping me with the program and giving many many tips on it. She also helped me fix Maxwells body and such. I'm very grateful. In any case this took me ten hours. Five for sketch and line-art then five for coloring and shading, etc. I have much more art that i've built up in the past few weeks through school but I'll post that at a later time.Also, the dark sword looks plain ridiculous- like a pirate sword. Maxwell deserves something that suits a gentlemen more- such as a fancy rapier. Also I wanted to put a top hat on him. He needs to wear a top hat ore often- he looks good in them.

wow totally amazing! ;a;

Considering you've only had SAI for 1-2 days these pieces of art look very promising! Can't wait to see what you're planning in the future :D

Well I did get help fro ma faaaabulous person! Though the more and more I work with it the more I see how it's similar to photoshop allowing me to wonder if it has any more similarities- thus figuring out the multiply and luminous layers on the thing. In any case, thanks a bunch for the help.Here's the first drawing I did of Maxwell, a- not so good one. I don't like his style here rather than the picture above this.Photoshopped that one was.