Tamir    1,237

these are great comics Maxwell was done really well and the art style is great I want to see what happens next

Thank a lot ^^ I'll have page 10 up sometime next week!

Wow, Quite speechless at Maxwells Buttheadness, Lovely and erie art here! But I wonder what happens next?

Buttheadness? xD haha please explain to a Swede/Finn like me who doesn't understand.

ARamblingSpider    1,536

Thank a lot ^^ I'll have page 10 up sometime next week!Buttheadness? xD haha please explain to a Swede/Finn like me who doesn't understand.

Well..Maxwell's a Butthead, simple as that.

diekunstler    141

His 'wut' face has such a tiny cigar and your new icon is creeping me out, and the doodled Maxwells eyes being inverted liek that creeps me out too. Everything is sooo cooool.

ThatBum    49

Aw. Was kinda looking forward to winged Wilson escapades in the future. It just fit, somehow. Ah well, it's still riveting, will be sure to check back.

knight    17

wow that is great Maxwell is well done but when is page 10 comeing I want to see what happens next

Tamir    1,237

His 'wut' face has such a tiny cigar and your new icon is creeping me out, and the doodled Maxwells eyes being inverted liek that creeps me out too. Everything is sooo cooool.

Maxwell, Maxwells everywhere! There's no escape... >_> <_<

Aw. Was kinda looking forward to winged Wilson escapades in the future. It just fit, somehow. Ah well, it's still riveting, will be sure to check back.

An artist spending giving up all her time on doing the same thing for months is a rather monotone life. Sometimes you want to draw other stuff. I had a rather busy weekend too with broken computer hardware, family meet up and trying to help another forum member get used to Paint Tool SAI.

wow that is great Maxwell is well done but when is page 10 comeing I want to see what happens next

I spent this weekend repairing a broken harddrive and a family member of mine is here on a visit. I haven't seen her in a long time so obviously I'd like to spend some time with her.After all, the healine of this thread is Don't Starve Comic + Art, so a bunch of sketches now and then should fit just fine :p

Tesability    88

It's possible that Wilson was thinking various thoughts, but not actively focusing on all of them. It seems to me that Maxwell picked up on what Wilson was actually trying to 'project' into his mind (such as the "selfish coward" line), but not everything else. That's my theory, anyway.

ARamblingSpider    1,536

Maxwell, Maxwells everywhere! There's no escape... >_> <_<

We, it's obvious he's sexy handsome, look at his nose:

post-17183-13764596732535_thumb.png

That's what drives all the singlee ladies, duh.

• Like 1

Tamir    1,237

I found a story hole! How would he not know about the suicide when Wilson was probably thinking about jumping off the cliff?

It's possible that Wilson was thinking various thoughts, but not actively focusing on all of them. It seems to me that Maxwell picked up on what Wilson was actually trying to 'project' into his mind (such as the "selfish coward" line), but not everything else. That's my theory, anyway.

There's no plot hole regarding that question. Maxwell clearly mentions Wilsons "pathetic little suicide attempt" on Page 8. Maxwell does not have the ability to read what's stored inside minds, he picks up present thoughts. On Page 1 Wilson is behaving suicidally, Maxwell really believes that and saves Wilson. Or more like putting Wilson back in place... Maxwell justifies his actions by saying "you'll die by my ways" and "just like everyone else". This is what angers Wilson so much, he's just a plaything and entertainment to Maxwell.

Below I've copypasted a short part of my Don't Starve Comic Q&A on DeviantArt. I recommend reading it for more information :D The comic is one heck of a mindf'ck filled with cryptic speech refering to previous- or future events.

Did Wilson really attempt to commit suicide?

Yes and no. It has been stated by him that he had nothing to lose. He felt tormented and ignored, like there was no purpose in life. On page 8 he says "I thought I was alone but I figured there was something controlling this world. How else could every day end up worse than the other?" This was the only clue he had. With his life as contribution he jumped off that cliff and hoped for the best. Insanity probably affected his mind as well.

Maxwell accuses Wilson for suicide on page 8 but Wilson explains he did all this so Maxwell would show up. Was that Wilson's masterplan?

You could say both yes and no. Maxwell clearly states that Wilson will die in the wilderness just like everyone else, this is the reason why Wilson was saved. Suicide is unacceptable, it's a great insult to Maxwell. At the same it's sort of a small Victory for Wilson, after being ignored and tormented for such a long time he finally triggered Maxwell to show up in person.

We, it's obvious he's sexy handsome, look at his nose:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11073[/ATTACH]

That's what drives all the singlee ladies, duh.

haha xD

And I did everything to remove the effect of a cartoony crooked nose :p

Tesability    88

Meh, thanks to you, I have a MUCH better mental image to work with when it comes to the Maxwell we all see at the beginning of the game. And now that I re-peeked at that first page, some of what I THOUGHT was all spoken was actually speech bubbles...that's what I get for reading them when half-asleep to begin with. >.>

Tamir    1,237

And that's why there's no fanfictions about your Maxwell.

If I gave him a nice crooked nose I'm sure he'd be more appealing to you :D

Meh, thanks to you, I have a MUCH better mental image to work with when it comes to the Maxwell we all see at the beginning of the game. And now that I re-peeked at that first page, some of what I THOUGHT was all spoken was actually speech bubbles...that's what I get for reading them when half-asleep to begin with. >.>

The "think bubbles" look like clouds while the speech bubbles are squares with rounded corners.

Tamir    1,237

Amaaaaaazing. I want more of you're fantastic style! :D

Btw you're swedish...?

Hey thanks a lot :D

No, I was born in Finland and still live in Finland. However, I speak and write fluent Swedish. I spent a few years studying programming in Sweden as well.

diekunstler    141

So, after staying up till 3 last night and being extremely disoriented at the time did I finally achieve being able to look at your Maxwell with a poker face. Yay. No more grinning. HAHA, try and get me to grin like an idiot now Miss *eyebrow wiggle*.

Jim    80

So, after staying up till 3 last night and being extremely disoriented at the time did I finally achieve being able to look at your Maxwell with a poker face. Yay. No more grinning. HAHA, try and get me to grin like an idiot now Miss *eyebrow wiggle*.

You've gone past the point of saving. Maxwell's got you. Sorry dude, this is the end for you... You will be missed...

Tamir    1,237

ride_to_hell_by_theonlyhorse-d6cnnrp.png

One does simply not pokerface Maxwell, he'll get you for that.

You've gone past the point of saving. Maxwell's got you. Sorry dude, this is the end for you... You will be missed...

True story bro! ^ Edited by Miss
  • Like 1

Tamir    1,237

well, this is one dapper Maxwell...

Wear no jacket + smex appeal 20 dapper points

Automobile, Ford 666-swag + 50 dapper points

Sunglasses + 100 dapper points

Edited by Miss

Willette    3,639

Wear no jacket + smex appeal 20 dapper points

Automobile, Ford 666-swag + 50 dapper points

Sunglasses + 100 dapper points

i wonder if Charlie will get angry on him for that...