Sarcosuchus    455

My dear I don't read what's stored in your mind. I hear present thoughts.

Picking up information that flow through my world is they key to control.

http://theonlyhorse.deviantart.com/art/Don-t-Starve-Comic-Page-8-380606366 So not a pure mind reader ahe ;)

Words must be read carefully, they possess great value in this comic. [insert cryptic Miss here]

Fair point. I understand the dynamics you are trying to convey: I just need to learn to choose my words more carefully when dealing with crypic Miss. Especially since you say you know your way around an ubersaw.

On an unrelated note: you've previously mentioned that you have all of the dialogue planned out already for this particular comic. How many pages do you think we can expect to see? You're putting a lot of care into word choice and foreshadowing with comments, so I'd like to think we have many pages to look forward to in the future.

TrebleStudios    187

OH MY GOODNESS!! That was not what I was expecting!! I screamed when I saw the last panel and scared my dog! Absolutely amazing! My sister is screaming internally, she adores Maxwell. BRAVO! :DHow do you draw them, for serious?! Truly...I'm speechless...:D

Tamir    1,237

GHFFoKBHF$^GDoAKF well that escalated quickly!! O_O Flipping AMAZING job! My heart rate is still pounding in my ears!

Aye thanks a lot Peculiar :D

Fair point. I understand the dynamics you are trying to convey: I just need to learn to choose my words more carefully when dealing with crypic Miss. Especially since you say you know your way around an ubersaw. On an unrelated note: you've previously mentioned that you have all of the dialogue planned out already for this particular comic. How many pages do you think we can expect to see? You're putting a lot of care into word choice and foreshadowing with comments, so I'd like to think we have many pages to look forward to in the future.

The comic is stored in my head as "movie format" :p I play it over and over again and pick the frames I like and turn them into artwork. The meaning and consequence of their dialogues are planned but I sometimes spend 1-2 days refining that into words.This way it's hard to tell how many pages the story will require. It's a sensitive balance between telling a story but not reveal too much information at the same time. I think I've accomplished about 50% by now, I could expand the story but it depends irl stuff such as studies and job.

OH MY GOODNESS!! That was not what I was expecting!! I screamed when I saw the last panel and scared my dog! Absolutely amazing! My sister is screaming internally, she adores Maxwell. BRAVO! :DHow do you draw them, for serious?! Truly...I'm speechless...:D

Haha glad to see some fellow Maxwell fans :DI was thinking of making a tutorial about the style I use in the comic. That will of course interrupt the production speed of upcoming pages but I think it's worth it if many people wonder how I get things done. Edited by Miss
fail english

TrebleStudios    187

Aye thanks a lot Peculiar :DThe comic is stored in my head as "movie format" :p I play it over and over again and pick the frames I like and turn them into artwork. The meaning and consequence of their dialogues are planned but I sometimes spend 1-2 days refining that into words.This way it's hard to tell how many pages the story will require. It's a sensitive balance between telling a story but not revealing too much information at the same time. I think I've accomplished about 50% by now, I could expand the story but it depends irl stuff such as studies and job.Haha glad to see some fellow Maxwell fans :DI was thinking of making a tutorial about the style I use in the comic. That will of course interrupt the production speed of upcoming pages but I think it's worth it if many people wonder how I get things done.

You don't have to worry yourself, I'm just in love with your style of art! I've recently started drawing these characters, and Maxwell is the hardest of them all for me. You make it look so easy!

Tamir    1,237

You don't have to worry yourself, I'm just in love with your style of art! I've recently started drawing these characters, and Maxwell is the hardest of them all for me. You make it look so easy!

Line up multiple Maxwell's on a paper and give each one a different style. Pick the one you're most satisfied with :D

I just read through this and i am impressed.

Why thank you! :wilson_smile:

Etaé    48

God, your comic is fantastic!I absolutely adore your drawing style and really like where the story is going. And I can't help it, I simply love the last panel.I'm looking forward to more~

TrebleStudios    187

Line up multiple Maxwell's on a paper and give each one a different style. Pick the one you're most satisfied with :DWhy thank you! :wilson_smile:

I'll be sure to try it, I've never heard it done that way. Thank you very much for the tip! It really helps! :D

Tamir    1,237

Here's a picture totally unrelated to Don't Starve but I thought people may be curious to see the artist behind all this. (TheOnlyHorse is my DeviantArt account name)

theonlyhorse_by_theonlyhorse-d6bsuq5.png

I'll be sure to try it, I've never heard it done that way. Thank you very much for the tip! It really helps! :grin:

Ah np ^^ Good luck! Edited by Miss
  • Like 1

Tamir    1,237

Pretty legs, all 4 of them XD

The best thing about being a woman and centaur, I don't need to shave my legs :]

Is this called Rack? I don't know the english word. The way the horse moves, like galop and trot. And a magical paintbrush ^^

It's slow and collected trot. Not going too fast with my precious rainbow brush :D

Willette    3,639

The best thing about being a woman and centaur, I don't need to shave my legs :]

okay now, this XD

Tamir    1,237

God, your comic is fantastic!I absolutely adore your drawing style and really like where the story is going. And I can't help it, I simply love the last panel.I'm looking forward to more~

Hey thanks a lot ^^ More pages are on the way, I'm sure you'll like the amount of WTF they contain xD

okay now, this XD

Everyone should be a centaur! :3

Tamir    1,237

i'd rather be a cat and sleep all day long X3

You know that sounds like a pretty good idea xD

I'm content being a raccoon XD

What benefits does a raccoon have? :3

Sarcosuchus    455

Centaurs are cool: I like fauns, myself, since you'd have springy goat legs to jump around with. It would make mountain climbing a blast! Though I am concerned with the fact that my avatar is already a prehistoric crocodile: hopefully there wouldn't be crossover between the two. That would be an... unpleasant combo, to say the least. One animal/mythical beast at a time. :)

Battal    9,883

Missed page 9 until now...and all I can say is-Did Wilson just slice Maxwell's face with a piece of his own rib cage?!?!

Jim    80

I'm quite happy just being batman. Thanks for the offer though! x3

Tesability    88

Missed page 9 until now...and all I can say is-Did Wilson just slice Maxwell's face with a piece of his own rib cage?!?!

Oh, THANKS for having me wanna look that part over and make me need more painkillers. x.x Owie owie owie...And, whatever it was in Wilson's hand, he actually caught Maxwell in the neck with the sharp end, not the face....and I'm also sure that if I had been in Wilson's place while sprawled out like that, not only would I be out like a light, Maxwell not reading the mind would be prevention of a massive headache...there are people that seem capable of maintaining several trains of thought at once while out cold. Edited by Tesability

Tamir    1,237

It was a piece of flint that was laying on the ground near Wilson's crash site. You find all these questions in my DevinatArt journal http://theonlyhorse.deviantart.com/journal/Don-t-Starve-Comic-Questions-and-Answers-380949681 I recommend reading it, there's some interesting stuff ^^

Oh, THANKS for having me wanna look that part over and make me need more painkillers. x.x Owie owie owie...And, whatever it was in Wilson's hand, he actually caught Maxwell in the neck with the sharp end, not the face....and I'm also sure that if I had been in Wilson's place while sprawled out like that, not only would I be out like a light, Maxwell not reading the mind would be prevention of a massive headache...there are people that seem capable of maintaining several trains of thought at once while out cold.

*gives painkiller* Free of charge!Wilson used a piece of flint ;) I gave a link to Lord_Battal above, you'll find more interesting stuff about the comic there.

knight    17

these are great comics Maxwell was done really well and the art style is great I want to see what happens next

ARamblingSpider    1,536

I'll continue to draw as the story reaches its end ^^ And thank you for the comment, I really appreciate when users write what they think about the comic! I will most certainly draw all characters of Don't Starve, but they are not in the script for this comic. But there's nothing stopping me from drawing more comics and fan art after this :D

SPEAKING OF COMICS! Scroll down at your own risk, it's not very child friendly...

PAGE 9

http://theonlyhorse.deviantart.com/art/Don-t-Starve-Comic-Page-9-382208650

"Maxwell gently promises that everything will be just like before, but not does he mention what that involves... Wilson, twisting in pain and agony, has his newly grown wings ripped straight off the back. After what feels like an eternity Wilson is dropped on the ground, cold and bleeding. Maxwell begins to take back the powers he granted Wilson to prevent him from using them any further. Satisfied Maxwell reclaims the other half of what belongs to him. Entirely sure that Wilson is unconscious he does the mistake of not listening to thoughts. Nobody can have the will to fight after this, why would I care while thriving in success?"

Posted Image

Wow, Quite speechless at Maxwells Buttheadness, Lovely and erie art here! But I wonder what happens next?