Sign in to follow this  
Spelunker

Interactions with objects are misaligned

Spelunker    10

Hi,I am unable to click directly on an object to harvest/interact with it. Instead, the spot that must be clicked to interact with an object is somewhere off to the left of an object. For example, I need to click a little bit down and to the left of a bush to harvest the berries. Thanks for any help!(Edit: I wanted to clarify that I usually need to click pretty far off, like an inch and half or so, to interact with an object. It can become a real challenge to locate the correct interaction spot for an object sometimes.)

Edited by Spelunker

Norex1250    10

I'm having the same problem as well, though I have to move my cursor I bit to the right for the object to be highlighted. When playing the Demo, I didn't have any problems at first. It was when I bought the early beta that this bug started showing up.

Conan14    10

I am also having the same issue. This issue just began with this new update. My screen also does not fit correctly when I go into Google Chrome "Presentation Mode" like it did before the patch. I hope this gets fixed Soon... I died from darkness because I couldn't put my wood on my fire in time...

Norex1250    10

I think I sort of found the problem with this bug. It has something to do with the current zoom of the web page. Since the current screen of the game doesn't fit my screen, I figured to zoom out in order to have a full view of my game. Thats when the problem started. It wasn't until I zoomed in was I able to click on the objects correctly.

MRStarving    10

I'm experiencing the same problem. @Norex1250 I'll try that I'm sure it's the same for all of us ... but I have the same problem the game window is larger than my height resolution can handle (laptop resolution is: 1366x768)So maybe the real bug is zooming in or out causes the mouse pointer in the game world to be misaligned... although I started zooming before I bought the game and didn't have this problem until after I purchased it as reported by Norex1250

I'm having the same issue, the game randomly decided to zoom at one point and now objects are misaligned and I cant click on smaller things very easily like flints and flowers. It makes it really hard to play the game. I was enjoying and bought the game so hopefully this can get fixed!

megaera    10

+1 to both the shaded box and the misalignment. The alignment thing holds true even in zoom; it's just zooming out makes it more apparent.

so I fixed it by pressing command 0 on the load screen where it says dont starve and has the thing about zip files at the bottom. That made it good and I havent had a problem since.

Suzu    10

seconded, I've had this problem since I began playing... I have to click above and about an inch to the right of a given object, very difficult to track a moving foe. This makes the game much more challenging, (but not really in a good way.)

z11g1e    10

I am still having problems with this one. it is very frustrating when you are wasting precious time trying to find where your supposed to click. If I zoom in and out it does change where the interaction point is but it does not correct the problem.

Karagor    10

It seems to be related to your level of zoom. With my mouse I am unable to pinpoint how much zoom I have, and so can't seem to align it correctly.

The strange thing is, it's aligned until I start the game. I can press play fine. I can select Forums, or Log Out, but as Soon as I enter a game, there is a shaded box in my gaming window and I can't fix it through zooming (Although it does improve it drastically).

Alia    24

Heyas,We have a bug in for this one. Zooming your browser will definitely cause some issues. Thanks for the info, we'll see what we can do.Cheers,Alia

Tsarlight    10

It's set to 67% by default when I log in - only inventory works fine on this setting. If I zoom to 100% I can select field objects but the inventory and building menu become misaligned, the screen also gets pretty blurry too.

Sign in to follow this