Sign in to follow this  
Vachu

Game stuck on black screen when pressing continue (Steam)

Vachu    10

I played yesterday at 12:00 EST. Everything was fine. When I started Steam today at about the same time, the game updated itself in Steam. Now when I run the game, I manage to get to the menu but when I click Continue, the game crashes. It doesn't crash to the desktop though. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of it to see the "This program has crashed" dialog.

kuudou    10

Same problem here. I believe loading my save worked yesterday when I first bought the game. I quit my game then loaded it back up just to see where the game had saved. And it worked.

Not two minutes ago I tried to Continue like you did and it crashes. Steam says Don't Starve has downloaded a non-existent patch prior to this happening (says 0 bytes/0bytes downloaded). Verifying game files does nothing to fix the problem.

And I just had just researched spears and was well on my way to research a hat.

Shenkt    10

I may have similar issue. I was playing earlier today but just moments ago when I tried to press 'Continue' It says "dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working". The game has not updated between the time I stopped playing and now.

Sign in to follow this