Sign in to follow this  
Lowed

Terrible lag / slowdown.

Lowed    10

Graphics card: Intel® Core TM i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30HGz

Getting 10-20 Update, 100-150 Render. 80-130 Render when played at full screen.

What could be causing this? The computer isn't old at all. :( Help would be appreciated fast, the game plays at about 1/3 the speed I see in youtube videos.

Lowed    10

And there's no idea what's causing it? Or when it will be fixed? Or what sort of priority it has?

Because the game is nearly unplayable in this state.

Lowed    10

Steam. If I purchased through Steam, is there a way for me to get a Chrome key for seeing if the lag exists there?

Garu    10

*bump. My characters also feel like running through jam. Chrome version lags, when in forested area. Darn.

Nickdy    18

I play chrome and going into a specific forest used to result in a pretty severe slowdown, the forest was very dense btw

mtlmike175    10
Solved! I was having the same issue. One computer was running it smoothly while the other was at an extremely low FPS.

To solve, i went into the nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > program settings. Since it is a steam game, you probably will have to add Don't Starve to the program list. To add it, the Default path for the game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\bin. In "bin" You should see a file called dontstarve_steam.

From there, on the "specify settings for this program" in the nvidia control panel. I turned on triple buffering and vertical sync.

I havent tested this extensively but so far the game has been running smoothly. Hope this helps!

Cheers

This worked for my NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M video card.