Sign in to follow this  
Kregoth

[Chrome] Redownloading zip files

Kregoth    10

I am going nuts over this issue, and I have searched the forums yet have not found anyone else having this issue. The game is re-downloading all the zip files every time I launch the game.

After the loading bar finishes loading the executable, the game then proceeds to download the zip files which with my internet speed tend's to take around 10-15 minutes. Normally I wouldn't have an issue with this if it only did it when the game has been updated, but this is happening every time I attempt to play... Leading me to just not want to play at all.

10-15 minutes may not seem like a lot to many people, and I am sure plenty of people are not having an issue just letting it stay loaded while browsing, but my computer is not powerful enough to handle my browsing habits with the game loaded in the background.

I have tried a ton of different things attempting to solve this issue, and many reinstalls of Chrome all together just to attempt fixing it. I have even jumped into advanced Chrome settings and even verified that my About:Cache page for Chrome shows the game is properly Cached. Checked the folder the game is saved to and installed in.... Yet the game still takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes to fully load.... I have even tried Chrome Canary which still persists with the same issue.

Please help thanks!

@Kregoth

Edited by Kregoth

Kregoth    10

If I had faster download speeds for my internet I probably would never have noticed the issue, but due to my miserable 120Kbps it takes too long to load :( The reason it's even more of an issue is because I reload the game after a long period of play due to the fact Chrome likes to be a bastard with continued use and eats all my RAM after a while :( only 2 gigs here

And no I can't upgrade as I am a poor bastard so please refrain from the "get a better computer" messages :p

cptCalavera    616

Hmm, mine only seems to dowload if there has been an update or hotfix. And sometimes if I havent played in a while (probably been a hotfix in the meantime) Usually it just loads the downloaded files, it doesnt redownload them.

Toaster Fu    101

Heh, I only have 1.5 gigs of memory.:p

And I don't play very often, so it may not redownload them. Thought for sure it did though…

Kregoth    10

Even if it is just loading the files 10-15 minutes to fully load is way too long of a loading time. For a game that is around 100+ Megs in total size, that kind of loading time makes no sense to me :( And YES I have timed the loading (generally 8-10 minutes on average, more if the internet is slow, which happens often for me longest ever was 45 minutes) Which is why I am sure it is redownloading the files.

The steam version loads fine, but I really like the Chrome version because it easy to just pause/play and browse without having to alt-tab all the time. But the loading times is really driving me batty :(

Sign in to follow this