19th full character?

currently we have 19 selectable characters (counting random) and there IS enough space for another one (making full 5 Collums and 4 rows)

if klei does add in that last character to make 20 selectable characters (again, counting random)

who would it be?

• Like 3

I'd probably want it to be a character based around sailing. Despite how much effort Klei's put into the ocean, there isn't anyone who really wants to go out there for anything other than Lunar Island.

Plus, it would also be a great excuse to fix a lot of the ocean's problems in one fell swoop. So it would be a win/win.

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Lemme quickly consult my Clairvoyance Orb of Business: Mmhm. MMmmmmhm. Yep, you're in business!

Given Wortox was an unimplemented character concept, you could start brainstorming here: Unimplemented Characters. Can also combine with the idea both Sea and Caves don't have a thematic-character: Wallace there could fit the bill for both, with appropriate modifications.

5 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

the actual glass cannon character klei promised since wanda was a scam

KLei hasn't promised anything. When Wendu idle-with-minimum-viable-hp-beside-your-sister-that-does-all-work "glass canon" came about and then scrapped, KLei mentioned "en passant" they will keep an open mind for future with this idea. Like they wrote similarly about seasonal weather on sea, waves and such... and look how that came to be. Hence "Stop spreading misinformation... I can't even!" *honk-honk*

23 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

the actual glass cannon character klei promised since wanda was a scam

Okay I’ll make you a character made entirely of Moonglass who only has 1hp and any hit from anything will instantly kill you if you fail to flawlessly kite its attack. But to make up for that, and because they’re literally made of glass.. they don’t suffer hot or cold weather effects or even Hunger! (Yay a Relaxed mode character!)

To make sure this character isn’t broken or op they can deal average Wilson damage holding weapons, and they even get some pretty cool combat abilities such as shattered spiders ice shard attack thing, but… they’re still permanently at 1hp and getting so much as struck by lightning without proper protective gear will kill you.

Dont worry though, to make absolutely certain you know this is a glass canon, made of glass and intended to be the super hardcore character option: When you DO screw up (& you probably will if not to mistiming, then to inevitable lagging..) Your glass character will shatter and explode like a glass statue was just blasted by a canon ball.

yup just like Peter Griffen in the new Fortnite season, you too can now have your own unique Death Animation! <3

(Jokes aside.. I hope Klei eventually gives us the last 6 characters from single player Dont starve into DST)

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay I’ll make you a character made entirely of Moonglass who only has 1hp and any hit from anything will instantly kill you if you fail to flawlessly kite its attack. But to make up for that, and because they’re literally made of glass.. they don’t suffer hot or cold weather effects or even Hunger! (Yay a Relaxed mode character!)

To make sure this character isn’t broken or op they can deal average Wilson damage holding weapons, and they even get some pretty cool combat abilities such as shattered spiders ice shard attack thing, but… they’re still permanently at 1hp and getting so much as struck by lightning without proper protective gear will kill you.

Dont worry though, to make absolutely certain you know this is a glass canon, made of glass and intended to be the super hardcore character option: When you DO screw up (& you probably will if not to mistiming, then to inevitable lagging..) Your glass character will shatter and explode like a glass statue was just blasted by a canon ball.

yup just like Peter Griffen in the new Fortnite season, you too can now have your own unique Death Animation! <3

(Jokes aside.. I hope Klei eventually gives us the last 6 characters from single player Dont starve into DST)

Great idea but what about the recipes that use health or other specific conditions that require more health? Also it should have a damage multiplier of atleast 1.25 to make it a glass cannon instead of just glass. Plus insanity would be a killer for sure. It's moon glass so lets make shadows afraid of us too.

Edited by BalkanCockroach

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

I'd probably want it to be a character based around sailing. Despite how much effort Klei's put into the ocean, there isn't anyone who really wants to go out there for anything other than Lunar Island.

Plus, it would also be a great excuse to fix a lot of the ocean's problems in one fell swoop. So it would be a win/win.

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Woodlegs

yeah that works.

for Woodlegs

main perks could be:

+ Doesn't care about being wet, does rows and ship-based actions faster, efficiently makes boats and their "accessories". Favorite food: stuffed fish heads.

- : Losses sanity when on dry land (doesn't on boats or docks), encores the wrath of Wavy Jones more.

Skillset could be:

Pirate section: Craft cannonballs more efficiently, unlock the ability to craft cutless(es), unlock the ability to craft battle paddles, does boat actions EVEN faster.

Ship Section: Repair boats better, Boats woodleg's crafts have more health than others, hammering/deconstructing the ship structures that would cause a leak to form now don't.

Affinities: Shadow: Wavy Jones no longer messes with ships that you're on.         Lunar: [I DON'T KNOW]           

• Like 1

I actually want 2 more characters, so we could have 20 actual characters, and the random select could be at the bottom.

I want one from the late 19th century, maybe from Eastern Europe.

And one from late 1920s SE Asia.

Edited by Waoling
  • Like 1

If they add new character it should be a female Asian character because DST has white and black representation but no Asian representation even though a massive majority of sales come from Asia which is pretty unfair.

Edited by . . .
  • Like 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Sanity 2
  • GL Happy 2
  • Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, Waoling said:

and the random select could be at the bottom.

2 hours ago, . . . said:

If they add new character it should be a female Asian character because DST has white and black representation but no Asian representation even though a massive majority of sales come from Asia which is pretty unfair.

Woodlegs and (insert asian characters name here)

The 19th character should have a damage modifier of 0.0x of Wilson.

- Dark sword 68 x0.0

- Hambat 59 x 0.0

Not sure how that would reflect on beefalo or brightshade gear, but I think a character who isn't based around combat for once would be a really cool change of pace.

Fighting isn't the only thing you can do in this game and this is coming from a player who mains combat centric characters.

Even with Wormwood, there's now an obligation to combat because of his perks.

I'd like a new character where combat isn't even an option to begin with and balancing him around making up for literally not being able to fight.

Would be cool. Perhaps he picks 2x the amount of items from plants, farm plots. Perhaps he doubles what is mined when breaking a boulder.

Maybe this 0.0x modified character could have an amulet slot and armor slot independent from a backpack as you can't benefit from fighting anyway.

I think that would be far more interesting than having yet another fighter or fighting niche. 

Wendell the Gentle.

7 hours ago, . . . said:

Winona and Charlie are both Asian...

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 4

12 hours ago, . . . said:

6 hours ago, chirsg said:

- Dark sword 68 x0.0

- Hambat 59 x 0.0

Not sure how that would reflect on beefalo or brightshade gear, but I think a character who isn't based around combat for once would be a really cool change of pace.

Fighting isn't the only thing you can do in this game and this is coming from a player who mains combat centric characters.

I'd like a new character where combat isn't even an option to begin with and balancing him around making up for literally not being able to fight.

Would be cool. Perhaps he picks 2x the amount of items from plants, farm plots. Perhaps he doubles what is mined when breaking a boulder.

Maybe this 0.0x modified character could have an amulet slot and armor slot independent from a backpack as you can't benefit from fighting anyway.

I think that would be far more interesting than having yet another fighter or fighting niche. 

Wendell the Gentle.

how about a monk character then?

7 hours ago, chirsg said:

- Dark sword 68 x0.0

- Hambat 59 x 0.0

Wendell the Gentle.

That's the worst idea i've ever heard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SSneaky said:

probably because it has no way to defend themselves or make boss progress other than getting followers.

I think the challenge of balancing this character should be discussed. It's a good thought experiment imo. 

2 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Combat is an essential part of the game whether you wanna engage or not it's required for proggression.

It is, but there are other avenues to play that perhaps don't require you to even strike another enemy. Back in my GIGA noob days, back in reign of giants where I never pressed F against an actual danger, I played webber and made some personal records in survival. Very modest records, like first year summer at most, but I let all the spiders do the fighting for me.

Webber can of course attack, but I survived a while without doing any attacks on enemies. I never learned how to fight as a humanoid until I played wigfrid and before that, I used werebeaver to fight. 

I digress, I played nearly a whole year as webber without striking any opponents, letting spiders fight for me.