Host of Horrors Content Update Arrives Next Week!

19 hours ago, Wonz said:

Making wooden furniture unlockable through ruins and just then pearl is overkill. Why must it be like that?

I agree, having two conditions to discover the sawhorse is overkill, and I'm confused as to why the sawhorse isn't just a new decor item crafting station available from the start. It's not like the wardrobe had some secret unlock condition when it released...

The ancient mystery of basic wooden furniture continues!

A little bit of a delay with the update. We usually drop the update at about 10am Pacific time but we have a small issue we want to correct before it goes out. 
We expect the delay to be about 2 hours. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

A little bit of a delay with the update. We usually drop the update at about 10am Pacific time but we have a small issue we want to correct before it goes out. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Perfectly understandable, have a nice day

7 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Thank you for the transparency.

I'm so excited for this update, you guys have been killing it recently. 

I do hope we get shadow possessed bosses at some point though. The caves are falling further and further behind in terms of content... I hope we get the influence of nightmares to spread next. I'd love to see a shadow possessed deerclops.

11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Will the rwp streaming be delayed, too?

45 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm so excited for this update, you guys have been killing it recently. 

I do hope we get shadow possessed bosses at some point though. The caves are falling further and further behind in terms of content... I hope we get the influence of nightmares to spread next. I'd love to see a shadow possessed deerclops.

I’d rather environmental hazard or maybe possessed mobs. Caves have bosses and I think generally they’re fine in that aspect but imagine a dreadstone rock lobsters or stuff like that. That would be infinitely cooler imo.

5 minutes ago, Dextops said:

I’d rather environmental hazard or maybe possessed mobs. Caves have bosses and I think generally they’re fine in that aspect but imagine a dreadstone rock lobsters or stuff like that. That would be infinitely cooler imo.

Most likely possessed slurpers, imagine having one of those horrors on your head and eating your sanity. Also imagine if it also served as a crafting station you had to have on your head and fed enough sanity before certain new crafting options become available. 

17 minutes ago, Dextops said:

As long as they add more stuff idc what it is lol. The grotto was kinda meh, and the archives was a one trick pony imo.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

The caves are falling further and further behind in terms of content...

To be fair, it does seem like their ping ponging between the two in terms of content. They did the brightshades first and then went to the ink trio, and went back to lunar possessed bosses, ect. So it's fair to assume that the next update in this line would be shadow related. On that not, I don't know if I'd want shadow possessed mobs, I think that should be a lunar thing. I'd prefer more looks at what the the shadows can bring from the "old world" back, would help differenciate the two and allow for more concepts instead of "Deerclops but now it's dark and spoopy lookin"

22 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

To be fair, it does seem like their ping ponging between the two in terms of content. They did the brightshades first and then went to the ink trio, and went back to lunar possessed bosses, ect. So it's fair to assume that the next update in this line would be shadow related. On that not, I don't know if I'd want shadow possessed mobs, I think that should be a lunar thing. I'd prefer more looks at what the the shadows can bring from the "old world" back, would help differenciate the two and allow for more concepts instead of "Deerclops but now it's dark and spoopy lookin"

Yeah, I get that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope we get an arc dedicated to the caves.

And I don't mean adding more biomes. I think rocklobsters, spiders, the labyrinth, etc can all be fleshed out further.

Speaking of possessed stuff, we still haven't gotten lunar chester...

:crushed:

Archived