Sign in to follow this  
fakeflux

[Steam] Laggy, slowmo gameplay

fakeflux    10

I bought the game this morning on steam and when i play it it runs so slowly, almost like slowmotion..

When i play the demo in chrome app i runs smoothly, i tried gamebooster but doesnt change anything.

I use a laptop with a intel i5 chip, is this just an alpha bug or...?

thx in advance

Kevin    500

What is your graphics card? There are some issues with some configurations that we're still working out.

gforce    10

same problem here :( wish i could play it on steam like I can on chrome

Edited by gforce

asret    10

Same issue here - demo plays perfectly in Chrome, but runs poorly in Steam. Here's the System Information stuff from Steam (minus installed software):

(Any chance of getting a web key for those of stupid enough to order through Steam?)

Processor Information:

Vendor: GenuineIntel

Speed: 3093 Mhz

4 logical processors

4 physical processors

HyperThreading: Unsupported

FCMOV: Supported

SSE2: Supported

SSE3: Supported

SSSE3: Supported

SSE4a: Unsupported

SSE41: Supported

SSE42: Supported

Network Information:

Network Speed:

Operating System Version:

Windows 7 (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DirectX Driver Name: igdumdx32.dll

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2253

DirectX Driver Version: 8.15.10.2253

Driver Date: 28 Nov 2010

Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel

Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz

DirectX Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family

VendorID: 0x8086

DeviceID: 0x102

Number of Monitors: 1

Number of Logical Video Cards: 1

No SLI or Crossfire Detected

Primary Display Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Desktop Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Primary Display Size: 23.35" x 14.57" (27.48" diag)

59.3cm x 37.0cm (69.8cm diag)

Primary Bus Type Not Detected

Primary VRAM: 1800 MB

Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x

Sound card:

Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:

RAM: 3984 Mb

Miscellaneous:

UI Language: English

Microphone: Not set

Media Type: DVD

Total Hard Disk Space Available: 238372 Mb

Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 85818 Mb

OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970

Game Controller: None detected

madmansam    10

I'm messing around with little things to see If I can get mine to improve. other than that will an update in the near future fix this problem for us?

madmansam    10

Fully updated my drivers and still no change :( Hopefully they can bring an update to help us out. other than that the game is fun it just drags on because of slow mo

Kevin    500

Have you guys tried enabling vsync and triple buffering in the driver options? That seems to work for some people.

Yomiel    10
Have you guys tried enabling vsync and triple buffering in the driver options? That seems to work for some people.

I have the same problem, still with an Intel card. VSync enabling doesn't change anything, and I can't find triple buffering at all :/

Intel Pentium CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz

8GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Edited by Yomiel
I mis-spelt "Can't"

Yomiel    10

Hokay, so I found a thing. Apparently, it runs slowmo on Intel Driver version 8.15.10.2353, but not on version 8.15.10.2618. Windows won't actually update to this automatically.

A problem: this computer refuses to actually update to that version.

I'll look for some versions that are before that one, but after the one I have now, and see if I can find one that works. Properly.

(See version: )

(Start -> Right Click -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Right Click -> Properties -> Driver -> Driver Version )

Hokay, so I found a thing. Apparently, it runs slowmo on Intel Driver version 8.15.10.2353, but not on version 8.15.10.2618. Windows won't actually update to this automatically.

I'll look for some versions that are before that one, but after the one I have now, and see if I can find one that works. Properly.

(Start -> Right Click -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Right Click -> Properties -> Driver -> Driver Version )

I checked, mine is the 8.15.10.2353 version and yes, my game runs extremely slowly. I tried turning sounds down, reducing all background activities etc, I assumed it was just lag, but nothing works. I really hope they find a fix for this... I don't want to have spent money on a game that I can't play, as much as I would like to, but it's just not fun for me on this slowmo version. Another thread I read said that it was possibly just laptops that were having this problem? I'm running on a laptop.

Yomiel    10
I checked, mine is the 8.15.10.2353 version and yes, my game runs extremely slowly. I tried turning sounds down, reducing all background activities etc, I assumed it was just lag, but nothing works. I really hope they find a fix for this... I don't want to have spent money on a game that I can't play, as much as I would like to, but it's just not fun for me on this slowmo version. Another thread I read said that it was possibly just laptops that were having this problem? I'm running on a laptop.

Well, both the systems I checked on are Laptops, but yes, the different versions of Intel. The laptop I'm running doesn't actually have an update to the version of Intel I'm running now, though so...

set678    10

Erm hi, i have the exact same problem, running quite slowly, laptop with Intel® HD Graphics and i went to search for my driver version, and my version is 8.15.10.2827 ????? It is not the same as the versions as you said. Is this a problem or?

Erm hi, i have the exact same problem, running quite slowly, laptop with Intel® HD Graphics and i went to search for my driver version, and my version is 8.15.10.2827 ????? It is not the same as the versions as you said. Is this a problem or?

Still seems to be Intel that's having all the problems... I wish I could play! :(

madmansam    10

I'm on version 8.15.10.2827. still slow mo. Yes I am on a laptop too

Yomiel    10

Uhh... yes? It's not a problem, it's just that you have a different version of the driver than the two avaliable to me.

Yomiel    10

Stats of my non working one (Hah, stats. I play too many games or something) :

Toshiba Satellite C660 Laptop

64 Bit

4 or 8 GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics Family (v8.15.10.2353) Display

Intel Pentium CPU B940 @ 2GHz (v6.1.7600.16385) Processor (x2)

Stats of my working one :

HP Pavillion g7 Laptop

64 Bit

6GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics Family (v8.15.10.2618) Display

Intel Core i3-2450M CPU @ 2.5GHz (v6.1.7600.16385) Processor (x4)

Probably not gonna help, but it's good to know what works and what doesn't, to pinpoint the actual source of the problem. As you can see, they're both on Intel, so that in itslef can't be the problem.