Sign in to follow this  
doerrie

Bug - Disappearing Items - Steam

doerrie    10

Items in item slots are being lost or overwritten by new items. This occurs most often when my character is at maximum capacity and attempts to pick up another item. It infrequent enough that it only happened twice in 3 hours of play. I often don't notice that it has happened while I'm farming, but only when I stop to change tasks.

After stopping, I have verified my game cache and found no errors or updates.

I understand that this might be a bit tricky to catch, so if you need additional information of some kind, let me know.

Royal    11

Was it every time or just sometimes it would happen? I'm not going to be able to help just trying to clarify.

jablez08    10

When I pick up a trap that has caught something, if my inventory is full or has one free space for the trap, the game deletes something in my inventory and replaces it with the morsel and trap. Seems to always happen when inventory is full. lost about 8 roasted berries due to this on my last game.

doerrie    10

While I'm not entirely certain that this covers all of the item disappearances I've experienced, I've been able to fully reproduce this contrived circumstance.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a trap.

2. Have some item in the top-left item slot.

3. Place a trap.

4. Scare a rabbit into the trap.

5. As the trap falls, sadly watch your top-left item disappear.

Note: It's generally easiest to perform 3 & 4 simultaneously by placing the trap just above a rabbit hole.

I have a saved game state that can make this happen repeatedly. Where can I find it so I can continue playing? Do you want it? If so, How shall I send it?

I have a video of the problem occurring. Do you want it? If so, how shall I send it?

DrMaple    10

I can confirm to an extent what doerrie has said. Items in my inventory disappear when standing on top of a trap as a rabbit is being caught.

jablez08    10

I just noticed that what doerrie and DrMaple were saying is what was happening to me as well. However, I had a shovel in my top left and instead it was the second item which was 3 morsels and then a single morsel are what disappear if i stand where i placed the trap as the rabbit is captured.

Sign in to follow this