Jump to content

Be nice if Klei was still working on more dlc characters/rework 2.0s


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Yes.

All those character reworks and characters have more overlaps than ever, yikes.

9 hours ago, Gashzer said:

 

Winona needs a couple more gimmicky machines of some sort. Nothing op cause the catapult is crazy good.

 

 

 

Maybe Winona can upgrade character specific items for each character, only useable by that character?
Maybe Winona can upgrade Wandas Alarming Clock to consume 50% less Nightmare Fuel for a year?
Maybe Winona can upgrade Wendys Sisturn to increase Sanity Aura by 50% and keep Petals Fresh for 50% longer for a year?
Maybe Winona can upgrade Wickerbottoms Bookcase to provide a Sanity Aura, or regenerate books 50% faster for a year?

That sorta thing make any sense?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Character refreshes took like over 3 years.. Do you realize how much more content we would've had in the game if they didn't happen?

I really don't want to see any more refreshes or character releases at all, at most what klei could do for Winona,Willow, Woodie and Walter is small but impactful changes like they did for Wurt and Wortox and it shouldn't be a focus of an update.

Most of the playerbase spends majority of their playtime on one character that they main, so only one refresh or release actually matters to them. This means that they are missing out on content because klei is doing refresh instead of focusing on something you can do as any character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please no new characters. We already have enough of a roster to deal with or balance in the future. Especially for people who like to main a character, new content is actually accessible to everybody rather than just playing that specific character. We've already spent enough time with character reworks, really hope Klei just focuses on new content for the time being.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Character refreshes took like over 3 years.. Do you realize how much more content we would've had in the game if they didn't happen?

I really don't want to see any more refreshes or character releases at all, at most what klei could do for Winona,Willow, Woodie and Walter is small but impactful changes like they did for Wurt and Wortox and it shouldn't be a focus of an update.

Most of the playerbase spends majority of their playtime on one character that they main, so only one refresh or release actually matters to them. This means that they are missing out on content because klei is doing refresh instead of focusing on something you can do as any character.

I'm surprised Character Reworks take up as much focus and time as they have. I didn't realize these were so complicated and would demand so much of Kleis resources. 

Sometimes it feels like Klei has very little resources to work with. They working on a tight budget over there. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Just wondering what's causing you issues with keeping him alive I could probably give some tips. Also some of his perks are quite available in the early game.

Sometimes food, sometimes health, Sometimes RNG with crops not generating the right ones, so I just reset. I use hunts for meat and stuff along with spiders. I try to not get hit, but I mainly use trail mix for health. As for the RNG I have NO IDEA how to get peppers/onions early with just Warly. I would love to hear AS MANY TIPS AS POSSIBLE! I like Warly's character, its just annoying dying so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

Sometimes food, sometimes health, Sometimes RNG with crops not generating the right ones, so I just reset. I use hunts for meat and stuff along with spiders. I try to not get hit, but I mainly use trail mix for health. As for the RNG I have NO IDEA how to get peppers/onions early with just Warly. I would love to hear AS MANY TIPS AS POSSIBLE! I like Warly's character, its just annoying dying so much.

Batbat can be a nice alternative to healing if you manage to get your hands on gems.

There's not really a fast way to get your hands on garlic or pepper besided rng but some of his more readily available stuff definitely help in the early game there's usually a bunch of glow berries not to far in caves which is really nice for hands free light if you stockpile them with his special backpack as it'll last for quite a while between trips. Honey spice and volt goat jelly is available pretty early as well.

As for hunger meaty stew is a good hunger filler and aside from hunts catcoons are a good source of meat as they generally die before they can fight back and always drop a meat.

For healing there's also frogleg bunwhich and buttermuffins but don't forget that healing salves and honey poultice also heal for alot, don't spoil, and don't get diminishing returns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would rather Klei rework characters again when they make a new game with a new graphics and mob behavior engine, with actual new bold game changes and mechanics in a DS 2 instead of continuing to Milk DST..

And WHEN I say bold new changes.. I mean stuff like this:

1DDE2330-79AB-4225-835A-58D8D95DC4B9.jpeg.7f1a465d6cd4da557190b7b78635c291.jpeg

The most mike post ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think now that Klei is done with the whole “well what do we want this character to play like??” Phase that IF they were to re-rework them NOW it wouldn’t take as long and would basically just be small touch ups to their existing playstyles.

the REASON it took so long the first time was that they literally had to decide what they wanted these characters personalities to be like, and they had to express that in their actual Gameplay.

There are a few I felt missed the Mark, Wigfrid being a singing Bard I did NOT see coming.. but other than that, the reworks were basically taking a blank slate- and giving it personality.

NOW that Klei knows their personality & how they want them to roughly play like- They can give them small tweaks & changes along the way that won’t take so long to do.

As far as new characters go I’d rather get the rest of the cast from solo DS before we add anymore new ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CyberSkink said:

Sometimes food, sometimes health, Sometimes RNG with crops not generating the right ones, so I just reset. I use hunts for meat and stuff along with spiders. I try to not get hit, but I mainly use trail mix for health. As for the RNG I have NO IDEA how to get peppers/onions early with just Warly. I would love to hear AS MANY TIPS AS POSSIBLE! I like Warly's character, its just annoying dying so much.

The best thing I did with Warly was start ignoring gardening first year.  It takes so much to get set up, and is such a gamble - and really the pay off isn't worth it.  Chili only give you +20% damage while volt goat jelly gives you +50% even if the target is dry.  You can set up an auto-goat farm by teleporting 1 goat to the lunar island and using an anenemy and some walls.  This gets you a nearly endless supply of goat horns, add a honey farm and you'll never fight without a decent damage bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Batbat can be a nice alternative to healing if you manage to get your hands on gems.

There's not really a fast way to get your hands on garlic or pepper besided rng but some of his more readily available stuff definitely help in the early game there's usually a bunch of glow berries not to far in caves which is really nice for hands free light if you stockpile them with his special backpack as it'll last for quite a while between trips. Honey spice and volt goat jelly is available pretty early as well.

As for hunger meaty stew is a good hunger filler and aside from hunts catcoons are a good source of meat as they generally die before they can fight back and always drop a meat.

For healing there's also frogleg bunwhich and buttermuffins but don't forget that healing salves and honey poultice also heal for alot, don't spoil, and don't get diminishing returns.

got it, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing I would be fine with is porting over all the DS characters over the years, but please no more reworks! Too many years of reworks already, DST needs more non-character related content PLZZZZZZZZZZZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...