Portals negatively affect Megabase experience

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

If there are early game parts to these mechanics, then why don't we see those first?

I assume the early game updates aren't about these new mechanics but rather about reworking the old ones. Like RWYS that was considered a part of Return of Them, even though it didn't have anything to do with the moon and ocean.

I don't understand the order of release, either. Maybe they teased moon vs shadow and realized that lunar magic needs more content asap to compete with shadow magic. 

19 hours ago, Sir Donut said:

I think the lunar spillage idea that others had (plants being temporarily converted to lunar counterpart)

Appreciate it. And yes, I still stand by the idea.

19 hours ago, goatt said:

I feel, maybe the location should be in meteor zones exclusively to minimize such conflicts. Plus, meteors, fallen lunar energy, the spawn location of the celestial orb, makes sense.

Meh, the idea is that the rifts and opening and spewing all over the place. Having them only spawn there sounds... like it defeats the intention.
Sounds more like a way to hide/sweep it under the cover than making it super fun and interesting.

19 hours ago, chaosmonkey said:

The key issue is that there's no way to influence where the portal spawns

You sorta can... sorta. It's supposed to avoid spawning near bases, even though it can miss, sometimes...

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I think their time would be better spent working on RWYS style face lifts that bring a sweeping change to mechanics that have been stale for years and impact all states of the game.  Add new mobs to the biomes to make them more unique, rework stale mobs and bosses to be more interesting, exciting and challenging to interact with etc rather than tack on another chore type of hound wave.

I mean that's fine but I'd prefer more survival content revolved around the next boss to fight as well as content that will impact the main island which has more or less been a untouchable sacred zone. The only mechanics outside of food production that I can think of needs reworked is combat and I don't really see the need for food to become even easier than it already is. As for new mobs I think the idea they're going for is to leave the pre cc game mostly untouched so newer players who feel the game is already hard enough don't get more frustrated as the mob population increases this is a new mob as well as a new mechanic and I'm sure the first of many post cc. 

tbh I'm not sure where Klei is going with this, or how they feel this will make a more satisfying "end game loop."  I felt we had a pretty good one ending with CC.  Infinite light was awesome, the crown was very unique, and there is a lot of content to hit on repeat, farms to build, and a whole world to decorate.  Lots of fun and engaging bosses like Klaus, new NM Werepig, reworked Ancient Guardian, AFW etc.

I disagree all it feels like quite a awhile since we got new actual survival content instead of just another boss to rush or island to loot for all it's worth I'd much rather have changes like these that directly impact how you survive rather than being the next treasure chest to go find and conquer.

As for the damage cap - it all comes down to options and choices.  The way it works now we MUST switch to this armor / weapons when fighting CERTAIN mobs or our stuff just doesn't work.  When you switch weapons nothing changes though - you just fight with a different weapon.  Its arbitrary, might as well require glass cutter, or tentacle spikes, because nothing actually changes with the new gear.  Of course that's only true if you're not playing a combat-focused character.  If you're playing someone with combat perks you're actually worse off for it...  What we're missing are options and choices.  We don't choose to use this gear because its cool, we're forced to use this gear b/c other gear literally doesn't work.

So what about the damage cap?  Well surely we've seen 68 damage cap is some holy threshold but why?  Lets say we push passed that cap BUT we keep that it ignores all damage mods.  Now we get choices.  Say we're playing Wendy.  Abi gives a nice damage boost but its situationally available.  Some bosses she doesn't work well with, while others she helps a lot.  Wendy has a use for the BS sword for when Abi can't help, but when Abi can she probably wants to revert to DS or GC instead.  Wes might find the BS always useful because they don't have any good damage mods, but Wanda would never care about it b/c her AC is really all she needs.

A reason to want to use something >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being forced to use something.

Again while I'll admit the situation is unfortunate for characters like Wanda who need a specific weapon and ideally it will be addressed to a extent at some point but aside from that if content is going to scale then choice will mostly become a illusion regardless lets use toadstool as a example. Let's pretend the axe was the strongest weapon we had pre toadstool then suddenly after his release we got hambats and dark swords. You can definitely still use the axe but do you still consider it a reasonable weapon for the scenario? Do you feel you've been given the choice to face toadstool with the axe? To add to that weapons and armor but mostly armor has more or less peaked with what tangible benefits it can provide without being superficial or going fully over the top with benefits and most of the blame goes to ruins gear.

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Why isn't there something like this with hound attacks?  Some *thing* we can do where we can appease hound waves to delay them, ensuring we got a certain time without waves for us to accomplish what we're doing or a way to provoke them to trigger bigger waves, or other xyz effects that can make the system more interactive and threatening, while increasing player agency.

Personally I'm not a fan of this approach I hate the idea that everything happens on our terms both in terms of difficulty and threat level for some things it's fine but I don't want it to be that way for everything if hound waves are stale then we should rework them to be more engaging not pull something like the hostile flare crap where we go "hey come over here to get beat up and farmed now that I'm completely prepared." It feels like asking for a end point to the survival aspect.

6 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Plants being unable to grow in winter,

It's actually weird to me how this has more or less been deleted as a mechanic...

6 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

That's because it is being used as vaguely. But taken literally we'd expect it to be some sort of obstacle that makes surviving difficult. I think that's an entirely reasonable definition, and under this definition we can see that there are already a few such challenges present in the game that meet the criteria of not destroying your base, such as:

- Plants being unable to grow in winter, which cuts you off from food sources, as well as the means to create torches to keep the darkness at bay.

- Gobblers spawning from berry bushes, potentially stealing away all your food if they are not responded to quickly.

- Lord of the fruit flies ruining your crop.

- The whole system of having to fertilise plants.

- Needing a flingomatic for your plants during summer.

Now, are these well designed challenges? Who knows. You could probably make a good faith argument for or against each of them being well implemented, but the reality is that none of them permanently affect the state of your base, yet still make surviving more difficult, at least for less experienced players.

I should also point out that disease is similar to many of the above, with the primary difference being that (surprise surprise) it permanently destroyed your resources. Disease was wildly unpopular, while the above challenges seem to rarely if ever get questioned. It seems people are less against survival based challenges than they are against said challenges being actively destructive, at least in unavoidable ways.

Honestly aside from the character perk issue and the destruction of non renewables I don't really see the new mechanic as a issue and feel like it does just fine alongside these listed mechanics as a late game one. If it completely refunded you for what gets wrecked or just didn't destroy things when it interacted with them while giving character perks a way to interact with them on some level I feel it'd be perfect.

18 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

You actually can manipulate where the portal spawns, somewhat. Portals do not spawn within 5 turf (or 20 wall) units of a player built structure. This means you can use various structures to avoid them spawning nearby structures threatened by the rifts. In particular, signs are the cheapest and easiest to expend, given you get the board back when you smash them.

Of course, the obvious downside is you need to have prepared these in advance. Most structures also show up on the kap, which is unpleasant (IIRC I think the only one that doesn’t is mushlights). I definitely would like to see another way to deal with those (also the brightshades, but that’s a topic for a different post)

is that so?
image.thumb.png.f2a25845028306fbbad56b01fe69d15d.png

20 minutes ago, allmeitysk said:

is that so?

Walls don't count as structures that the spawns avoid.

41 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Again while I'll admit the situation is unfortunate for characters like Wanda

Old Wanda with Alarming Clock deals more damage to the plant than Willow with Brightshade sword + set bonus. Bone armor is extremely recommended for her because 30 damage to the face is a guaranteed death. I am worried about how she would interact with future mobs with planar damage, but Brightshades aren't that big of an issue for her (They are still way more dangerous for Wanda than for everyone else, though).

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Honestly aside from the character perk issue and the destruction of non renewables I don't really see the new mechanic as a issue and feel like it does just fine alongside these listed mechanics as a late game one. If it completely refunded you for what gets wrecked or just didn't destroy things when it interacted with them while giving character perks a way to interact with them on some level I feel it'd be perfect.

That's literally what we've been saying this whole time. There's some good ideas thrown out there such as lunar spillage in order to make the rift not destroy everything in sight. If that was the case then no one would be complaining.

3 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

I don't understand the order of release, either. Maybe they teased moon vs shadow and realized that lunar magic needs more content asap to compete with shadow magic. 

Only sort of true.  We have a lot of shadow stuff in the game b/c shadow was the default end game stuff for years.  Its so innocuous and prevalent that they've had a lot of patch notes adding more mobs to the list b/c "oh yeah that is shadow too."  But bottom line, all of that shadow stuff is actually just basic stuff.  There is no shadow defense or damage type, which is part of why planar damage seems like its coming out of left field.  If they tied in the planar damage with different shadow mechanics that mirrored it this would probably sit a bit better, but its not so here we are.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean that's fine but I'd prefer more survival content revolved around the next boss to fight as well as content that will impact the main island which has more or less been a untouchable sacred zone. The only mechanics outside of food production that I can think of needs reworked is combat and I don't really see the need for food to become even easier than it already is. As for new mobs I think the idea they're going for is to leave the pre cc game mostly untouched so newer players who feel the game is already hard enough don't get more frustrated as the mob population increases this is a new mob as well as a new mechanic and I'm sure the first of many post cc. 

This isn't survival content though, this is just a forced reset of things through versioning gear and destroying bases / resources.  Nothing stops them from doing a combat rework instead, starting from the beginning of the game introducing new concepts and mechanics they can build on INTO post-cc stuff rather than starting post-cc with forced equipment versioning out of left field.

But we've already been on repeat with this.  idk what part you don't get - how do you see these as challenging?  To me they seem like a chore.  Its more things to do, but nothing that is actually going to be fun to engage in.  Also it turns OFF character perks which I really take issue with.  tbh most of this feels like change for the sake of change, none of it really enhances or improves the game.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

you enjoy wasting time? cool, don't make other people waste their time just because you like to :congratulatory:

Rifts popping in and destroying everything in their path is infact not a survival challenge and never will be, especially since they can happen everywhere and there's no good way of countering it.

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Wow, that's pretty lame that happens.

I'm definitely just gonna disable this content, which is a shame as I normally don't do that.

To be fair- Klei probably never intended for players to build a gigantic base that spreads across multiple game biomes that turn the survival sandbox into sort of their own amusement park..

At some point it was a Given we would get new Survival Content, and personally?? I’m still hoping like Hell Someday we get some of the more Advanced Mechanics that Shipwrecked and Hamlet Had (as in chopping down trees had a chance to spawn a hostile mob like Snakes & Scorpions, or even just a mildly inconvenient mob like the Piko squirrels that stole tree seeds and ran off with them..) 

I can just see it now: They add a mechanic like that, Update the Palmcone Trees to have a Shipwrecked Style PalmGuardian, Megabasers chop/move their trees around and SURPRISE!

(though to be fair.. new mechanics like this should probably only apply to new worlds and not try to retro fit into your existing ones at all..)

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

At some point it was a Given we would get new Survival Contentll..)

This isn't survival content, it's destroying and targetting bases for no good reason with no good way to counter it, you always say you love challenges yet you never attempt raid bosses, quite funny isn't it? Once again, forcing people to build in the caves or on the sea is infact not survival content and is very against the player for no good reason.

2 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

This isn't survival content, it's destroying and targetting bases for no good reason with no good way to counter it, you always say you love challenges yet you never attempt raid bosses, quite funny isn't it? Once again, forcing people to build in the caves or on the sea is infact not survival content and is very against the player for no good reason.

You mean the bosses that are added to the game with the intention that you will be playing with other people? Those raid bosses?? Yeah.. I don’t do those because despite buying this game for like 15-20 people in my friends list only like 2 actually play it.. and they die so much I can’t ever expect them to ever be ready to fight a boss.

Your trying to compare content that was added to DST (& as the 2023 Roadmap confirms) that was specifically designed with GROUP based challenges in Mind, to the Content that I Expect out of DS/DST- such as the above mentioned random mob encounters while chopping trees or flipping over the stone slabs.

Two very completely different types of content.. if I WANTED to fight these Group Based bosses I would either A: Actually assemble a Group, or B: set up enough automated turrets or hire enough mobs that they make up for not having said group, and C: Spend many hours building some elaborate setup of roads, healing items, Manniquinns with Armor and Weapons on them so I can just walk over to one during the boss fight and switch out to the new gear mid fight…

Or alternatively- I could focus on A and that is assembling a Group to tackle content designed for a Group.

Dont try to PUSH the fact that I intentionally ignore group based challenges, as a way of saying I don’t know what survival content is/should be.

Theyre called “Raid” Bosses for a Reason…

That doesn’t mean that I don’t have tons of experience in chopping vine bushes to build a new boat only to be greeted by a snake that catches me off guard and bites me inflict poison health bleed out damage.

And as far as things destroying your Base goes- yes I consider that to be just as much survival based content as the things I’ve already mentioned, believe it or not.. some people actually like needing to repair the damage that’s done (you can repair walls by the way..) and I get it, you are mad that suddenly your big pretty bases are in jeopardy of being wrecked.

That is completely understandable & I’d probably be upset too if I spent years building a map wide mega-city.. Which is why I feel that new content like this should only exist in NEW fresh starting worlds, and simply not even be able to happen in long standing worlds players have spent years building upon up until now…

I mean: Some players still have the ORIGINAL Gardens in their worlds prior to the Reap What You Sow Rework of them. But realistically Klei can not ever add new destructive content to the game, as long as they have to design the game around not harming peoples MAP SPRAWLING Designs.

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

the situation is unfortunate for characters like Wanda who need a specific weapon

Funnily enough, old Wanda + Alarming Clock deals more damage than middle-aged/young Wanda + Brightshade Sword to the new mobs, so the Brightshade Sword is completely useless to her.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And as far as things destroying your Base goes- yes I consider that to be just as much survival based content as the things I’ve already mentioned, believe it or not.. some people actually like needing to repair the damage that’s done (you can repair walls by the way..) and I get it, you are mad that suddenly your big pretty bases are in jeopardy of being wrecked.

That is completely understandable & I’d probably be upset too if I spent years building a map wide mega-city.. Which is why I feel that new content like this should only exist in NEW fresh starting worlds, and simply not even be able to happen in long standing worlds players have spent years building upon up until now…

I mean: Some players still have the ORIGINAL Gardens in their worlds prior to the Reap What You Sow Rework of them. But realistically Klei can not ever add new destructive content to the game, as long as they have to design the game around not harming peoples MAP SPRAWLING Designs.

Oh no you're completely misunderstanding the whole point of megabasing and why people tend to gravitate towards that, wait no, I won't group up people into a few camps because that's not a cool thing to do, I'll say from my own limited megabasing experience why the heck it's so compelling and why destroying these bases for no reason at all with no way to counter it is a bad thing, here goes:

I build in this game because A: After killing all bosses there's not much else to do B: It's satisfying AF to build a base and keep it running and not ran down in a game where everything wants you dead, it's not something like Minecraft which I see this game get compared to DST for some reason when Minecraft has never and will never be a good survival game, it's a game specifically made for building, DST is not, so C: It's fun to build in a game not really designed entirely around it, okay, that's cool yeah? Well onto the survival part.

Nearly every single thing that can destroy your base in this game can be countered, in a harder or simpler way, some have multiple ways of countering it while others only have one or maybe two, and the ones that don't have any direct way of countering them you can still base away from, you just have to keep in mind where it is safe to build your base and where it isn't, infact, having meteors destroy your base is not a fun thing, especially in a game all about time management with a seasonal clock ticking down every second of gameplay and with some resources only being available in certain seasons you have to plan ahead, so with you building out your base, managing all the threats to it while still getting enough resources to make survival easy is infact not so easy to do, which is why the rifts are in a terrible spot, they spawn anywhere, the only ways of saving your stuff from being destroyed by a random rift spawning in-between your walls which don't count as structures are: Building in the caves, Building on the ocean, or Building in a loot world if you're on PC, not a great solution especially since these rifts will keep happening forever, with like I said no real way of countering them from spawning nearby except spamming signs everywhere like a maniac, not even the new resources have things that can help you prevent these thing from destroying your base, oh wait, but you can get some useless items that are only really good in future content that doesn't even exist yet, let's go, get punished for killing one of the two final bosses, and no, I do not care about toggling on or off things just because they are 'too hard' It'd always be better for the content to be fully finished, working well, fun, and challenging at the same time with the challenging parts being able to be countered just like most of the previous 'survival mechanics' we even have amazing examples of said mechanics in Shipwrecked and Hamlet, flooding has sandbags and player crafted turfs, Hamlet has the aporkalypse which you have to prevent every so often but you can do it... But I guess we get an update dividing players into camps of filthy megabasers and epic awesome survivalists (which isn't cool).

Oh, and if you mind, give me a few examples of when the game was designed around megabasers and when that happened and why exactly it was a bad change? Please?

1 hour ago, yourAnty said:

you enjoy wasting time? cool, don't make other people waste their time just because you like to :congratulatory:

Rifts popping in and destroying everything in their path is infact not a survival challenge and never will be, especially since they can happen everywhere and there's no good way of countering it.

I'm on board w/ a means to counter this for megabasers, but you're coming off pretty passive aggressive and it's not really constructive. I get where Mike's coming from, that it's interesting to see some more challenge and destruction, but I'd agree that this far into the game it's more of a nuisance rather than a survival issue. 

5 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

That's literally what we've been saying this whole time. There's some good ideas thrown out there such as lunar spillage in order to make the rift not destroy everything in sight. If that was the case then no one would be complaining.

I've already said this point before the problem is everyone has a small differences on how they want it implemented some of which I didn't agree with so to prevent further confusion if you agree please stop phasing it as if I was disagreeing with this. To clarify because it seems I need to everytime I talk about this. I don't think it should irreversibly damage a base but also a base shouldn't magically be protected from a portal spawning on it. People were saying the mechanic should just naturally avoid base in both forms both the plants and the portal and I wholeheartedly disagree on that point.

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

This isn't survival content though, this is just a forced reset of things through versioning gear and destroying bases / resources.  Nothing stops them from doing a combat rework instead, starting from the beginning of the game introducing new concepts and mechanics they can build on INTO post-cc stuff rather than starting post-cc with forced equipment versioning out of left field.

But we've already been on repeat with this.  idk what part you don't get - how do you see these as challenging?  To me they seem like a chore.  Its more things to do, but nothing that is actually going to be fun to engage in.  Also it turns OFF character perks which I really take issue with.  tbh most of this feels like change for the sake of change, none of it really enhances or improves the game

Honestly at this point I don't get what constitutes survival content in dst then if everything is optional and your never forced to engage with it is it truely survival content? At least I don't think so.

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Funnily enough, old Wanda + Alarming Clock deals more damage than middle-aged/young Wanda + Brightshade Sword to the new mobs, so the Brightshade Sword is completely useless to her.

I'd be lying if I said I tried this with the entirety of the cast so when it comes to characters I didn't test the update on I've been taking peoples words at face value guess that wasn't the best idea.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Honestly at this point I don't get what constitutes survival content in dst then if everything is optional and your never forced to engage with it is it truely survival content? At least I don't think so.

That's a fair point to make.

What I look for - and honestly one of the reasons I love DST more then other survival games - is player skill based challenges and build / prep options.

As monotonous as a lot of the combat can be in DST, just attacking x times and stepping back repeat, its still an expression of player skill.  Even if someone knows how many times to attack before dodging, they can mess it up if they aren't practiced with it especially when its not a clear 1v1 situation.  As bad as old hound waves got, part of the fight was in controlling aggro to thin out how much heat you were taking, and knowing how you can get in a few hits with even 2-3 hounds after you as you re-gain control and clear the wave.  A good player is going to be able to control aggro and weave in attacks a lot better then a new player.  Skill is also expressed in setting up things you want to use to handle hounds - whether that is tooth traps, statue walls, beef herds, etc.  There was a lot of player choice in how to handle it, even though it was thrust upon you and could easily become overwhelming if you weren't prepared.

The new portal in contrast doesn't test player skill, it just checks your gear.  If you don't have the new gear (that you only get after clearing the plants) then you spend twice as long fighting them and take full damage from any mistake.  Once you get the armor from them they get easier, but its like - too easy.  There is no spice left.  The player skill expression just isn't there, no choices to be made.  We don't use the BrightSword because it actually does anything cool, we use it because they gimped all other weapons against them.  Can't make cool prep / builds for them either b/c Klei is on a tear against "cheese" for some reason...  Anyway - besides them taking over plants and destroying structures they aren't really a risk either.  Like why do we actually need to clear them out?  Its post CC so its not like I can't raise and harvest crops with wicker books and maxwell servants, bundle wrapping stacks and stacks of food ensuring my survival into perpetuity...  The only people this is actually disruptive to are the base builders, destroying the art-work they've crafted in their base designs.  tbh this update feels kinda spiteful towards base builders yet nearly ignorable to anyone else.

That is the direction most of the criticism I'm giving the system comes from.  There is no challenge, just a checkmark of having the right gear.  There is no risk, it might destroy a few things in base but only in a way that messes with base builders, my survival isn't really impacted at all.  Nothing in this update is threatening, or challenging, and no new interesting options have been introduced.

Last update we got NM Werepig.  Sure its optional, you can just walk passed him - but he's cool, he talks building up some lore, and his fight is actually fun.  While a lot of people didn't really dig the armor you get from his fight, I feel they are pretty useful for reducing the amount of resources I have to invest in armor smoothing out my mid game.  As far as choices go, its a better choice then some of the other gear we have.  For those who don't want to use it, they're never forced to either.  In short its a more interesting challenge that is inherently fun to complete AND rewards us with new gear that gives us choices in how we approach content.  If it were changed to not be optional, like if it spawned on you like deerclops, this would be a great survival based challenge.

There is a lot to read in this post and a lot of points, but I simply don't want to put another wall of text here.

I saw people say Megabasing wasn't meant for the "original" Don't Starve experience, but it is it's main future in an economic standpoint. A lot of the skins we buy today are for building, almost every update comes with new skins to use in a base. The megabasers like myself then show off these cool new skins when they are released and more and more people may want to get them for themselves. It's a main source of revenue for the game, and a beloved form of the game. By day 2000 any game should be manageable, if you want a harder experience just turn up all the hard things like that guy who turns up wildfires (someone said they also like basing in meteors for that reason XD)

DST should stop being looked at as though it is a game that needs a lot of difficulty and challenge, why can't the new content just be cool and interesting new stuff! We can be excited about fun things being added, the real issue here is the fact that you get punished for putting in hard work to kill the CC, only to have Wild Rifts spawn and destroy your hard work basing.

1 hour ago, Cvmoote said:

DST should stop being looked at as though it is a game that needs a lot of difficulty and challenge, why can't the new content just be cool and interesting new stuff! We can be excited about fun things being added, the real issue here is the fact that you get punished for putting in hard work to kill the CC, only to have Wild Rifts spawn and destroy your hard work basing.

I mean it is a hard game, and it deserves challenge, but if the challenge is unavoidable damage to your work then what is even the point of the challenge in the first place?

17 hours ago, allmeitysk said:

is that so?

I'm not super well acquainted with the specifics, but it sounds like Walls & Fences do not count towards this 'aversion.'
The only thing in this screenshot that's influencing it's spawning are the lightning rods... which you can see it's chosen to not overlap.

Realistically, walls & fences really ought to be considered as 'structures' for this. As that tends to be where a lot of uprootables are.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:25 AM, Vinja said:

You’re definitely correct here, it’s not what klei is intending people do in the game but I mean you can only farm bosses so many times before you start wondering what the hell to do with all the crap piling up in your chests lol. Megabasing is the answer to that, megabasing is literally the endgame of DST as the game currently stands.

That is fair statement.

Klei, however, embrace megabasing. Big water trees, placeable banana bushes, literally every boss have a sketch for you to build so you can show off your acomplishments of defeating bosses and cawnival event gives even more decorations for you base.

Its nice of Klei to care about Mega basers, but they shouldnt turn entire game focus about megabasing in the end, this is The Constant we talking about!

We have hound waves, seasonal bosses that comes for you, but they can be easily defeated or manipulated (Bearger is the best friend of Mega basers btw) , so having threats that you cant prevent is alright by me. Its an "uncompromising survival game" we talkin about. 

p.s still wating for "pig raids" feature from Wx78 animated short. Thats how game should feel - uncompromised survival

1 hour ago, Dragonboooorn said:

That is fair statement.

Klei, however, embrace megabasing. Big water trees, placeable banana bushes, literally every boss have a sketch for you to build so you can show off your acomplishments of defeating bosses and cawnival event gives even more decorations for you base.

Its nice of Klei to care about Mega basers, but they shouldnt turn entire game focus about megabasing in the end, this is The Constant we talking about!

We have hound waves, seasonal bosses that comes for you, but they can be easily defeated or manipulated (Bearger is the best friend of Mega basers btw) , so having threats that you cant prevent is alright by me. Its an "uncompromising survival game" we talkin about. 

p.s still wating for "pig raids" feature from Wx78 animated short. Thats how game should feel - uncompromised survival

People come for the survival aspect, but people stay for the megabasing. Gotta have a balance of both, they have to develop with both in mind. Don’t want to step on the toes of their long term fans.

Archived