[Game Update] - 553139

• Developer

Changes

• Brightshade Bomb will no longer hurt players.
  • Brightshade Staff projectiles will now bounce between targets.
  • Added a small amount of Planar defense to Dreadstone Armor and Helm.
  • Changed Brightshade Pickaxe to Brightshade Smasher (combination pickaxe/hammer tool).
  • Nightmare Werepig is now shadow aligned.
  • Ancient Guardian becomes shadow aligned during fight.
  • Reduced density of Deadly Brightshades that spawn.
  • Increased Deadly Brightshade loot drops.
  • Added “vulnerable” tail sections to Tunneling Vines.
  • Added a basic check to databundles/scripts.zip for reducing unexpected issues when the game fails to update properly.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where host may see screen flashes when another player triggers an explosive far away.
  • Fixed a rift counting issue when a world loads up with rifts.
  • Brightsmithy will now drop materials when hammered or deconstructed.
  • Fixed Brightshade items showing up in other crafting stations.
  • Beefalo and other non intended herds won’t be affected by Deadly Brighshades now.
  • Tunneling Vines won’t go on water now.

Known issues

• “Missing Name” for exposed vines in worlds with caves enabled.

Notes for Modders

• Added PLAYER_CAMERA_SEE_DISTANCE and PLAYER_CAMERA_SEE_DISTANCE_SQ to use for checking if a position is outside of normal player camera viewing.
  • The tag “lunarplant_target” and “plant” combined will let the lunar creatures target a plant.
  • SWAP_FACE adjustments have been made for: Warly, Winona, Willow, Wes, Wes on a Beefalo, and Wonkey.
  • AnimState:GetVisualBB() has been added to get the size of an AnimState at the time of calling. This value will change over time during animations. It returns the minimum x,y and maximum x,y coordinates with the AnimState scaling taken into account and can be used to know how far away horizontally or vertically art is going to be able to be drawn from the entity origin without any projections taken into consideration.

View full update

• Like 48
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 3
  • Sanity 2
  • Wavey 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2
  • Potato Cup 1

18 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

useless

I'd like more, but it's currently sitting at 10 damage per shot, 50 uses, and each shot can bounce off another target up to 7 times, choosing to arc for un-hit targets.

So in other words, this is THE Wagstaff/FuelWeaver tool. Which isn't perfect in all scenarios, but it does deserve some credit there!

• Like 25

8 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I'd like more, but it's currently sitting at 10 damage per shot, 50 uses, and each shot can bounce off another target up to 7 times, choosing to arc for un-hit targets.

So in other words, this is THE Wagstaff/FuelWeaver tool. Which isn't perfect in all scenarios, but it does deserve some credit there!

Adding at least axe damage to it wouldn't hurt TBH. It's fairly expensive.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Little thing I might as well mention, but this actually stacks with the enlightened crown! The crown causes a gestalt to spawn from every hit, which can rapidly scale damage up significantly. Your sanity will tank doing it, though, so be sure to have some sanity restoration items.

Heres a GIF (credit to @Electroely!) showcasing its against 2 targets in particular with some sanity items to upkeep the crown!

AE4585A6-48F5-43F9-80CD-03A05AC6F976.gif.a6c71eaa064f22dde46d18ffd5cb320b.gif

• Like 35
  • GL Happy 5
  • Potato Cup 1

The bright shade armor is still overshadowed by the dread stone armor .

in terms of liability . Having the regen depending on low sanity and higher protection values .

Would make sense to make both armors have the same perks . But this time being dependent on high sanity . 

I’d suggest the staff having at least axe damage since rn, cost - value is a bit underwhelming . But this content is leading to a good direction , keep it up klei 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pep61 said:

The bright shade armor is still overshadowed by the dread stone armor .

in terms of liability . Having the regen depending on low sanity and higher protection values .

Would make sense to make both armors have the same perks . But this time being dependent on high sanity . 

I’d suggest the staff having at least axe damage since rn, cost - value is a bit underwhelming . But this content is leading to a good direction , keep it up klei 

Maybe it could compensate for its lower defense with greater damage, sanity gain and durability? I like the idea of it being the inverse of shadow armor and maybe encouraging a little risk for reward.