Sign in to follow this  
SKaza

Importing save files

SKaza    10

Ok, Ive been trying to import my files from my chrome version into the steam version but its still not working... can anyone tell me how to do it? I keep getting an error "failed to load profile, latest, restart". Heres the exact procedure how I proceeded: I open the chrome version, save the website into my computer, open the steam version, try to load the saved data, get the error

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong and precisely describe the procedure for me?

Edited by SKaza

JoeW    40271

Hi Skaza,

You should be able to follow these directions to import your save file:

Copy this URL and put it into chrome:

filesystem:http://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/persistent/

Right click on each file and save them into a folder somewhere (And remember where it is)

Open Don't Starve and choose import, Select that folder and import your save!

SKaza    10

ok, youve got all the three files sent there, I hope we can help eachother, let me know! :)

edit: oh, u actually gave me the wrong email adress, gonna send it once more coz u wrote entertianment except entertainment :D

Edited by SKaza

JoeW    40271

Oops! Thank you

Yeah, Ju-lian is checking the issue out and I will post an update when I have some info.

Thanks again!

Doorselfin    10

Is there a need to do it the other way around, or is that not really supported?

I've been playing it on Steam but recently booted it up on Chrome. My location and items seemed to all still be there, but all the recipes I learned had reset.

rachelw    10

I also get a problem. I can save the files but when I try to import the folder with them in I get the error message "Failed to load latest"

Would appreciate some help.

its already a week, can i get an answer?

Skaza I just figured out how to do it...

Just save the "links" of those three files.... do not open them and save the data individually, and it will work ;)

You will only get you characters and not your current save though.

Hope this helps u

cheers

SKaza    10

I will try it tomorow but Im anyway kinda shocked that I havent got a single word from devs by now. However I want to have my current progress, not only to unlock my chars...

Can we finally get some info from devs????

Edited by SKaza

JoeW    40271

Hey there,

I will check with Ju-lian regarding your issue and try to get some info for you as Soon as I can. It may be that he never got the email with the files. I will update you as Soon as I have info.

SKaza    10
Hey there,

I will check with Ju-lian regarding your issue and try to get some info for you as Soon as I can. It may be that he never got the email with the files. I will update you as Soon as I have info.

thank you, thank you for at least something

BossKing    10
Hi Skaza,

You should be able to follow these directions to import your save file:

Copy this URL and put it into chrome:

filesystem:http://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/persistent/

Right click on each file and save them into a folder somewhere (And remember where it is)

Open Don't Starve and choose import, Select that folder and import your save!

I really cant find the import on steam, please help =S

Silkkis    10

Hi,

Thanks for the latest update, now steam version also works on my laptop.

I would like to import my game from chrome version to steam version, but I can't find my import button. I saw screenshot that there should be button on the main menu, but I can't find it. I tried to delete user datas and the game, but it didn't help.

Toaster Fu    103

If you buy it on chrome you get two keys for chrome and two keys for steam. If you buy it on steam you just get two steam keys. Save on chrome can be transferred to steam, but saves on steam can not be transferred to chrome.