What’s your wishlist for your character?

Out of curiosity, what changes do you want see in your main? Whether it’s something small like a few stat changes or a full scale (re)rework, what would be the ultimate dream update for your favorite survivor? 

Spoiler

I personally miss old Wx, even if they had literally no sense of balance. Im faintly hoping jimmy gets removed and the scanning mechanic is given to Wx alone (they’d use their eyes to scan, kinda like a camera thing, and instead you’d be able to use your mouse to manually scan organics) but it’s really more a fun thought than something to be implemented. This small idea and two extra circuit slots. 

As a Wendy main who’s entire gimmick screams spooky weird little girl who can communicate with the dead- or at the very least clearly see ghostly toys to help ghostly children be happy again.. and as a character who literally has a “Ghost” as her entire gameplay gimmick.. Wendy really and I mean REALLY should have more interactions with ghosts.

As just one example: Why the heck can’t Abigail do all the things an actual human players ghost could do while haunting stuff?

From changing flower to evil flower, to haunting mobs and causing them to scatter, I’d LOVE to command Abby to haunt another player and them light up like they just munched some glowberries.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Surreal said:

I personally miss old Wx, even if they had literally no sense of balance. Im faintly hoping jimmy gets removed and the scanning mechanic is given to Wx alone (they’d use their eyes to scan, kinda like a camera thing, and instead you’d be able to use your mouse to manually scan organics) but it’s really more a fun thought than something to be implemented. This small idea and two extra circuit slots. 

I totally get where you're coming from. Jimmy can feel a little bit disjointed from the rest of wx-78 at times,especially after you've kind of settled into your handful of 'main' sorts of circuits. Giving wx-78 the scanning capability by themself sounds like it'd be fun and a neat visual.

As for me, I do definitely wish that someday, far out into the future, disconnecting as webber simply took all of his allied spiders with him. It was a problem with tame beefalo, and it's still a problem with spiders: having some sort of allied mob that can't go with you makes pub gameplay so much less fun, and more stressful. Having to find some place to "park" instead of simply being able to go to the bathroom when I please.

My thoughts on Woodie are here, 

As for the other characters I play most frequently,

• Warly doesn't really need anything. His main issue is that character swapping exists and his buffs are almost completely shareable. Winona's catapults are shareable, but she also has fast crafting & darkness protection. Warly needs some little side buffs like that that support playing as Warly in a nice way, without interfering with his contributions to the team. Perhaps give him Wolfgang's old full-belly speed boost effect, so Warly is faster when his health is mostly full. Or a fishing or farming buff of some kind, to support getting additional food types. Or maybe give Warly the ability to craft "Odd Spice" which combines the effects of his other spices, but can only be eaten by Warly (it's too strongly flavoured for any other character). Some more unique recipes would also be nice, especially something that deals with marine resources (Ramen made from Kelp & Meat/Fish Meat for example).
  • Winona is very similar to Warly. She doesn't need anything; she's interesting & useful at the moment in a unique way. If I were to give her anything, it would be a couple more structures that encourage/enable different kinds of fuel use. Potato Generator is one that's come up often in the forums, I also like the idea of a Sprinkler and some kind of slowing effect for enemies. That plus some kind of Bee Stinger-shooting turret would enable Bloons-esque TD set ups in Don't Starve, which would just be awesome and different. An automatic Fan which provides an area of cooling and prevents wildfires would be a huge inclusion, as would some kind of auto-fueling system (or just some kind of presence switch so generators aren't just using fuel all the time without player input).
  • Wicker just got an amazing update, as did Wortox. Walter was nigh-perfect on release, the only change I could see with him would be to allow him to use Warly's mobile crockpots for the full camping experience.

1 hour ago, kiwikenobi said:

My wish for Wilson is that they leave him alone, I think he's perfect the way he is.

My realistic wish for Wilson is that the changes Klei will inevitably add will be minor and unobtrusive.

And that none of the new stuff will contradict my headcanon...

I really want them to only add more uses for beard hair honestly, a beard meter would be good too 

I main taming a beefalo by day 35, so my only wishlist is being able to use/open bundeling wraps while on a beef.

Oh and being able to force beef to eat food I leave on the ground while riding would be a huge unjustified change, but I would be completely overjoyed if it was added.

Warly gets 2x duration of food effects and a chef's specialty spice which is just the pepper and onion combined.

Maxwell gets some fun downside(s). If they're impactful enough I could see his servants being able to till farmland and weird Wickerbottom penalty removed. Could be fun.

Wes can pantomime actions, such as pretending to help paddle the boat. It doesn't do anything.

Wilson gets nothing. Maybe new universal items made out of beard hair like a turf, but nothing specific to him.

Wickerbottom's Lunar Grimoire gets a different recipe. Maybe moon moth wings.

Wanda gets 2 or 3 Mactusk camps spawning in random places if triple tusk didn't spawn. Everyone benefits from this, but she does a bit more.

I wish Winona got more craft, her gimmick that she an engineer but she only got 4 crafts and two of those are power generator, I wish she have 2 more craft that are easily mass produce and efficient, and lower the cost for her craft a bit and maybe she should need less ingredients  to craft, since she an engineer she should know how to built more with less.

Wormwood should be able to plantbend.

Walter gets a giant slingshot for woby as explained in my suggestion post:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/144710-walter-buff-slingshot-for-big-woby/

Big woby lacks mid/late game competitiveness with beefalo so a strong big slingshot/ballista that is only useable while riding big woby would buff his ranged damage and give woby an irreplaceable use.

more crafts and plants to be friend for wormwood

increased fire damage for willow

a fun slingshot for walter instead of the boring and flat one he has

throwing spears for wigfrid

more structures for winona so she isnt one cheese pony

more circuits for WX. I like the mechanic but basically most of them are stats

19 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I want Wilson's rework to be interesting and grandiose. I want to get rid of the stereotype of a "character for beginners" (and I want a carpet of beards to be)

Same. There's so many characters now that making Wilson stay "basic" adds nothing to the game IMO. Give my boy some lore-related mechanics please and thank you

Wurt: remove or change up how the mechanic that makes merms move away from you works I get it's supposed to help with them not getting in your way but it makes it basically impossible to use their group loyalty gain effect without merm guards and that's really annoying if your not playing on a long term world.

Walter make his slingshot excel in a role whether it be damage, a increase in ammo payout and storage in slots, or just making it better at crowd control effects as it stands it still feels like a very niche item with limited practical uses.

Webber I feel like his doodles should have his recipes revised as I don't really think any of them are worth making aside from nurses who have the most reasonable cost.

3 hours ago, TimeToDuel said:

Same. There's so many characters now that making Wilson stay "basic" adds nothing to the game IMO. Give my boy some lore-related mechanics please and thank you

There's so many characters with a variety of powers that having another character with big powers is more unique than having a single character for someone who doesn't want big perks? 

15 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

There's so many characters with a variety of powers that having another character with big powers is more unique than having a single character for someone who doesn't want big perks? 

Not unique, no, but there's not as much incentive to play with him over other characters. I know he's one of the most popular to play, but I think it's because he's the first option on the menu and the most "recognized" character (obviously I don't know that for certain but)

Vanilla DS is always an option for solo, no perk play, but with DST it's hard to justify choosing him over characters that have good perks. 

(This is all just my opinion and I am not looking for a fight. Just to clarify lol)

1 hour ago, TimeToDuel said:

Not unique, no, but there's not as much incentive to play with him over other characters. I know he's one of the most popular to play, but I think it's because he's the first option on the menu and the most "recognized" character (obviously I don't know that for certain but)

I play as him frequently when I don't want to use any upsides. In your opinion there's little reason to play as Wilson, just like in my opinion there's little reason to play as anyone with big upsides and small downsides. I'm fine with playing like 5 characters, so why aren't you guys fine with playing 17? He is literally the only character with no downsides and literally the only character with just about no upsides. All 17 others have huge upsides and at least some form of downside. Why not ask for a character with boring upsides to have more fun upsides like Winona or Willow? Why not ask for an entirely new character to be added with whatever they'd give Wilson? Why do you need to take away the only option for everyone who doesn't want to play power fantasy simulator?

1 hour ago, TimeToDuel said:

Vanilla DS is always an option for solo, no perk play,

Mods are always an option for making Wilson into what he isn't.

Archived