LGBTQIA+ Thread for all Pride Members

NightfallsCurse

This thread is just as the title says, basically a hangout, chill and ya know, pride stuff!

You are safe here if you are part of the community like I am! You can also stay here if you want to learn more about supporting us!

I've recently come out, as I am bisexual (thought I was a lesbian until @viberr brought up a good point that I didn't even think of!)

If you aren't comfortable, you don't have to come out if you are part of the same community that I'm from

i honestly dont understand what each letter even means, all i know is it all has to do with gender stuff, but my brother, or well, sister now is of course part of this, i dont realy have anything against that realy, they never dit gave me a reason to hate them, so why sould i hate them? she done some good progress and all that

despite the fact I'm on the internet a lot, I don't have much of an idea about stuff like this 

so first, congratulations on coming out! very brave thing for you to do and must of been pretty scary so even though I don't know you personally, I'm proud of you!

but since I don't know much about this stuff, can I ask some questions?

first question, what does the (Q) and the (I) and the (A) and the (+) plus stand for? I'm pretty sure the (Q) stands for queer right? but what does queer mean?

second question, you said you're a lesbian but you've had crushes on guys right? so wouldn't that make you a bisexual? 

third question, wasn't always just the (LGBTQ+) community? I don't remember a (IA) at the end, are those new?

truth is, I'm supposed to hate the LGBTQIA+ community because of "religious reasons" but I can't really bring myself to, there's no reason for me to hate anyone for how they feel, but I live in homophobic, transphobic country so I can't really say this anywhere except here 

23 hours ago, Echsrick said:

i honestly dont understand what each letter even means, all i know is it all has to do with gender stuff, but my brother, or well, sister now is of course part of this, i dont realy have anything against that realy, they never dit gave me a reason to hate them, so why sould i hate them? she done some good progress and all that

Here is what lgbtqia+ means, also it isn’t just gender stuff! It’s also abt sexuality, which Is was im part of

L = lesbian (female + female romantic/sexual relationship, I’m sexually attracted to girls)

G = Gay (male + male romantic/sexual relationship)

B = Bisexual (someone sexually attracted to both genders, they have a preference tho)

T = transgender (this would apply to your sister, as they are originally a male, but became a female [technically])

Q = Queer (basically transgender, but idk if there’s a difference or not)

I = Intersex (someone born with both male and female parts)

A = Asexual (someone who is in a romantic relationship unless also aromantic, but don’t get involved with sexual activity)

23 hours ago, viberr said:

despite the fact I'm on the internet a lot, I don't have much of an idea about stuff like this 

so first, congratulations on coming out! very brave thing for you to do and must of been pretty scary so even though I don't know you personally, I'm proud of you!

but since I don't know much about this stuff, can I ask some questions?

first question, what does the (Q) and the (I) and the (A) and the (+) plus stand for? I'm pretty sure the (Q) stands for queer right? but what does queer mean?

second question, you said you're a lesbian but you've had crushes on guys right? so wouldn't that make you a bisexual? 

third question, wasn't always just the (LGBTQ+) community? I don't remember a (IA) at the end, are those new?

truth is, I'm supposed to hate the LGBTQIA+ community because of "religious reasons" but I can't really bring myself to, there's no reason for me to hate anyone for how they feel, but I live in homophobic, transphobic country so I can't really say this anywhere except here 

1.)The Q does indeed mean queer! It’s just like transgender but if there’s a difference then idk it. I means Intersex as a said earlier, where you are born with parts of both genders. A meaning asexual, as a said earlier, a relationship that has 0 things to do with sexual activity. + just means there’s more to the community 

2.) I have had crushes on guys before! So, I’m probably a bisexual person

3.) nope, those aren’t new, you can say the community’s name either way

oooooooh! I just got a good question I want answered! 

there's a difference between liking someone romantically and liking someone sexually, how would you know if you like someone sexually? 

and like, what do you do if you like someone romantically, but not sexually?

simple example, me! I've had a romantic crush or two on some guys, but I don't like men sexually, so like, what should one do in this situation?

sorry if my questions didn't make sense, I'm kinda sleep deprived so the questions might sound stupid

Archived