Theukon-dos    4270
3 hours ago, PeterA said:

That was my original justification for keeping it as a separate item. More customization is generally better for the players. Back when we started the skins system, character skins were going to be single pieces clothing, but we pushed for splitting things up so we could let the players mix and match clothing and head skins. I'm glad we did, we've seen so many great combinations of outfits. That said, the plank skins implementation fell short, and the Elegant rarity didn't make sense. 

Next week I'm going to look at changing this around. The tentative plan is

• remove the Emergency Exit item
  • refund the full Elegant Spool value to people who own the Emergency Exit item
  • include the plank art directly in the boat skin art, and apply the plank skin automatically when crafting a boat

In retrospect, I simply didn't give the plank skin enough thought and consideration. I definitely appreciate the feedback!

lol no, that's what happens when Peter doesn't get enough sleep. :wilson_dead:

We were planning on making the nautical plank next week and making it an ensemble bonus item for owning the rest of the nautical collection, but now with the plan to merge the plank back in to the boat, we'll just include that automatically.

Thanks for being so direct and so quickly! And yeah, I do get the mentality behind wanting to be able to mix and match boats and planks. But yeah, probably not the best implementation of such a system.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason we couldn't mix & match boats and planks while having them as one skin? As we both know, the planks are seperate objects from the boat. So it should be possible right? Or is the skin system too hacky to implement it as such. (Not judging btw. I know how game dev works.)

• Like 1

hhh2    1225
21 hours ago, ALCRD said:

1350 for a plank skin .. wtf

Bargin what do you mean?

• Haha 1
  • Hunger 1

yourAnty    375
13 hours ago, PeterA said:

peter snip

I mean you can keep the nautical plank as an ensemble skin! You guys could do so plank skins would work like the starcaller twitch drop, where it reskins the starcaller and the mooncaller, like spears and staves, so it reskins both the spear and the staff, so you could still change the skin of the plank, just purchased/woven ones would be bound to boat skins instead, it would be great to have more ensemble skins/emotes, but if you don't keep the nautical plank as an ensemble it's totally fine, I just hope we will still be able to change the plank looks to be different from the boat skin, aka nautical boat with emergency exit etc.

• Big Ups 1

Auth    10768
1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Tell that to the infant in my home, lol. 

Do they have an email?

• Haha 2

Hornete    16424
11 minutes ago, PeterA said:

We haven't figured out reskinning of boats yet with the clean sweeper, but hopefully we can find a solution for that.

I'm curious, what's the problem that currently stands in the way of trying to make boats reskinnable with the Clean Sweeper? Is it a technical problem or a design problem?

Hornete    16424
3 minutes ago, PeterA said:

but controller support makes it a little more complicated

Ahh I can totally see controller support being a bit finnicky to do, that clears some things up. Hope to see it fixed soon!

Captain_Rage    2598

On a side note (it might have been mentioned before), Mast addons like the Lightning Conductor cannot be targeted by the Clean Sweeper once installed either. If those issues share etiology any fix will hopefully address this as well.

Edit:

Eloquence is a virtue.

Edited by Captain_Rage
  • Like 3

Owlrust    7098
22 minutes ago, PeterA said:

my household all got covid, so I was locked up for most of the week.

Hope you guys are doing alright, my household got covid not too long ago too and it definitely wasn't fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

__IvoCZE__    10663
1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Heya, sorry for the delay on this, my household all got covid, so I was locked up for most of the week.

Understandable tbh, thanks for helping people.

• Like 1

Terra B Welch    9330
5 hours ago, PeterA said:

Heya, sorry for the delay on this, my household all got covid, so I was locked up for most of the week. The Emergency Exit item has been removed from people's inventory now, and the Spools have been returned to those who owned it, or had previously unraveled it.

Thanks for your patience on this!

Glommer Buddy and I hope the best for you and your family Peter.

• Thanks 1

goblinball    1325
8 hours ago, PeterA said:

Heya, sorry for the delay on this, my household all got covid, so I was locked up for most of the week. The Emergency Exit item has been removed from people's inventory now, and the Spools have been returned to those who owned it, or had previously unraveled it.

Thanks for your patience on this!

You do not need to apologize for the delay one bit, keeping ppl safe is unbelievably more important than virtual skins and spools.

• Health 3