QuartzBeam    8352
5 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

I mean, the ship sets name is "inventors excursion" so that could hint at something.

What could it hint at?

Nickolai    2726
15 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

it realy looks close to the florid/jurry rigged/moon portal, a wagstaff portal you may say

No thats the same looking portal Wagstaff and WX built together. The one that Winona fixed.

• Like 1

LinknAllie    1596
Just now, QuartzBeam said:

What could it hint at?

Excursion means a short journey or a deviation from the regular path.  I'm very uncreative when it comes to these things though so someone else is going to have to theorize for me

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    15096
5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

What could it hint at?

That a Meddlesome old fool is experimenting with forces he does not fully understand & is causing terrible monkey juju to happen?

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    10672
Just now, Mike23Ua said:

That a Meddlesome old fool is experimenting with forces he does not fully understand & is causing terrible monkey juju to happen?

That is already a given.

LinknAllie    1596
Just now, QuartzBeam said:

The "Inventor's Excursion" set is based on the boat Wagstaff uses in the beta to sail to and from the moon quay island. I doubt it has any sort of hidden meaning.

There's always a hidden meaning, and I know it's based on the boat since that was the one thing I cared about in the trailer.  But I still think it has some hidden meaning.

• Wavey 1

Mike23Ua    15096
18 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

There's always a hidden meaning, and I know it's based on the boat since that was the one thing I cared about in the trailer.  But I still think it has some hidden meaning.

You also have to remember that unless Klei changed their roadmap schedule- this is the 1st of 3 planned Setting the Stage updates.

Setting the Stage obviously for the next large Story Arch continuation next year.

It is very important to remind everyone that the conclusion to Return of Them was labeled as a “Season” Finale and not a “Series” Finale.. meaning that Season Two will pick up where the Cliff Hanger ending of Season One leaves off.

However- 

In Return of Them Eye of the Storm we fight a moon boss, Wagstaff shows up- steals moon energy and leaves- Story Arch ends with cliff hanger here…

In todays new trailer: we see Wagstaff with Wacky portal and a battery that seems to run on that same siphoned Moon Energy sailing away from an Island after it explodes.

But perhaps I’m wrong- and the energy we see in todays trailer is NOT the energy siphoned from Celestial Champion and is instead- a previous failed attempt.

Either way there’s still supposed to be two more Setting the Stage updates later this or early next year before we move on to the games next big story arch????

• Like 3

WebberMain    225
1 hour ago, Echsrick said:

Wagstaff just ran away, for somereasons, so what you think?

I think he was expecting something really bad coming trough the portal,thats why he left.
He wasn´t expecting monke.
Or was he?

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

Dragonboooorn    826
18 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

I think he was expecting something really bad coming trough the portal,thats why he left.
He wasn´t expecting monke.
Or was he?

PLOT TWIST WAGSTAFF DONT STARVE COSPLAYING KRIS (ROARING KNIGHT) DELTARUNE AND MAKES NEW FOUNTAIN (PORTAL)

Cassielu    1106

Whatever it is, Wagstaff had another one on his boat.

This one seems to be used to power some kind of radar?

two.thumb.png.4de60386f3b78a466c02a585d305a9a9.png

Edited by Cassielu

IanKSB91    356

Wait, if Wagstaff is an hologram why does he need an holographic boat?, Or maybe he really is partially inside the constant but have some machinery to get out of danger when he need it?

goblinball    1347

wagstaff’s portal shenanigans confuse me.

How did the wagstaff portal end up in the constant? If wagstaff built a second portal in the constant himself, then he’d already need to be in the constant. However, we know that he (or at least, hologram wagstaff) wasn’t already in the constant, since he came out of the portal. Plus, the portal is NOT a hologram, so I’m uncertain that hologram wagstaff would be able to build the portal.

ArubaroBeefalo    19086
13 minutes ago, goblinball said:

How did the wagstaff portal end up in the constant? If wagstaff built a second portal in the constant himself, then he’d already need to be in the constant. However, we know that he (or at least, hologram wagstaff) wasn’t already in the constant, since he came out of the portal. Plus, the portal is NOT a hologram, so I’m uncertain that hologram wagstaff would be able to build the portal.

they only showed him leaving the little island before the portal explodes, doesnt mean that he arrive the constant with that portal

LiamAshvinn001    574
22 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Well he knew how to make it.  He probably just rebuilt it. His hologram can interact with the Constant IIRC

yourAnty    380
On 7/1/2022 at 2:38 AM, goblinball said:

He made one, he can make another.