LiamAshvinn001    581
3 hours ago, Waoling said:

Most game player base don't last this long so why is DST still being play?

While I cant say for the others but for me its because I just really like the art style and lore. Its weird and kinda fits for a game, how the world isnt fully fledged out, theres no real entirely developed civilisations which fits since most of the stuff in it was created by a madman and crazy Shadow Queen sprinkled in with cool little details and theres cool creepy stuff (More so in DS but still some in DST) 

Also its fun

Edited by LiamAshvinn001
  • Like 1

Gashzer    373

Dst is very unique in its artstyle and gameplay. What other 2.5d survival games are there? None!

Plus there arnt any rip offs of Dst that i know of either, no other developer has recreated dst's charm.

• Like 4

Empa505    359

There is always something new to do. With updates coming so often me and my friend cant get enough of this game.

• Like 2

BeeClops    1615

I think the main reason for this is that you can enjoy the game in so many different ways. Plus the lovely art style and the constant updates 

• Like 4

Mike23Ua    15109

The developers at Klei stated that they don’t have any plans any time soon to just “end” DST, and that they have huge plans in store, our feedback helps them to choose where to steer their ship- And until the game becomes utter unrecognizable trash (sadly this happens to far more game franchises then I care to admit…) I’m sticking around in hopes to see where their ship takes us.

Plus: I can’t swim anyway so if I did abandon ship I would probably just drown before I would ever find a game that satisfies that DS itch.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Baark0    1828

Same reasons as minecraft and terraria: free updates with a good gameplay loop that allows for lots of replayability

Edited by Baark0
  • Like 4

Blunty_x    260

I take occasional breaks from the game, been on a break for since about a week after Cawnival dropped. I'll come back to it again because of the updates, and because I genuinely enjoy the game..I made a new friend who I played with for a few months and it was some of the most fun I've had in a long time, they went MIA though and the game hasn't felt the same lmao.

• Like 1

Mom2bljw    36

Updates are petty consistent and I love a creative sandbox game. 

First person games make me nauseous from the constant motion.

There's always something more to build.

ALCRD    2783
On 6/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, Waoling said:

Most game player base don't last this long

What makes you say that? There are a lot of games that were long abandoned by devs for many years yet are still being played to this day.

If a game is good people will keep coming back to it.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Big Ups 1