WhackE

Remove the frazzled wire cost from magnets.

WhackE    998

it's not a material though, it's a trinket. At that point if the item is such a "luxury" item for "advanced sailors", you might as well just replace the wires with gears.

Edited by WhackE

WhackE    998
54 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

No. You can easily farm lots of wires in ruins. So it's renewable, but uncommon resourse. Why not add it in craft?

People who play caveless worlds, not me, but they exist, And hey would you look at that, the new monkey biome has gears.

59 minutes ago, Ohan said:

More unused materials should be made part of crafting recipes. Going out of ur way for once to collect a specific material is fun instead of everything being made out of wood grass rock gold or their refined forms. 

Steel wool.
2 crafting recipes.
what is your argument here?

:distrust:

Edited by WhackE

Cassielu    1106

It is indeed a trinket, but the presence of ruins gives it a steady stream of access, which makes it more of a resource, and it makes sense to make recipes for it.

However, I support its removal from the recipe because it is a ruins resource, or more specifically, an other kind of Thulecite, which is too valuable for autopilot. Maybe we'll get more access to Frazzled Wires in the future, but that's another story

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Capybara007    1536

Using trinkets right now feels like an inconsistent decision from Klei, if you think about it, many things should use wires.

Also why do the docks use 4 materials? im not against breaking the 3 max materials rule but it feels so pointless for it having to need stone, that doesnt even make sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

hhh2    1226
6 hours ago, WhackE said:

It is in my firm belief that trinkets should never be used in crafting.

rubber bungs and sporks can be used for ocean fishing. But that's different because there are better and other options.

marbles can be used in Walter's slingshot but there are better and easier to get options.

but with a crafting recipe you are stuck with rng. Unless you go the the ruins and mass collect wires, graves and tumble weeds are the only way to get more frazzled wires. I don't want to be that guy, but they feel like modded recipes. Trinkets should not be used for crafting period.

SO instead why not change the recipe? I love the Nautopilot structure, I think it's a really neat and interesting item, so here's what I think.

The Beacon should be > 2Cut Stone, 1 Doodads, 1 bottle.

The Nautopilot Kit should be > 2 Doodads, 1 gear, 2 boards.

maybe steel wool could be involved? Not saying it should because that's a whole goose chase of its own.

Time's are changing, grampa. Trinkets are more than just gold.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Nickolai    2726
1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

it feels so pointless for it having to need stone, that doesnt even make sense.

The stone is for structural support. :encouragement:

• Like 1

Primalflower    4715
5 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Twins also drop several frazzled wires

ohhh, I didn't think of this!! I instantly begin to feel a bit better about the crafting recipe. The nauto pilot is an expensive thing and i respect that, but those ruins can be rather gruelling to get through!

• Like 1

Primalflower    4715
8 hours ago, WhackE said:

Unless you go the the ruins and mass collect wires

also, I feel like this is a little dishonest. the nauto pilot isn't something that you particularly want dozens of, it'd be easy enough to hammer down a few clockwork piles until you get, like, 4 frazzled wires (2 of each thing, both only require 1 frazzled wire) and then making your leave.

Edited by Primalflower
  • Like 2

LitulLola    305

If it was a rare trinket I could understand your point but You can get stacks of wires with 1 trip into the ruins... If you only want a few you can get them in other ways as ppl have mentioned.

If ur concerned with the ruins, you are able to get a few of the wires without triggering any of the clockworks if your careful. I think using wires in a recipe that would only be crafted a few times is a great use for them!

Not everything in this game should be easy. The older DST was sooo much more punishing. Now it's much more new player friendly imo

Edited by LitulLola