mr. brj

So is it confirmed that Wagstaff is trying to help the survivors?

Recommended Posts

mr. brj    564

Didn't want to post this in General Discussion, as there might be people who want to avoid spoilers. The character quotes make it obvious that the Unnatural Portal and the monkey island are all Wagstaff's doing, even if they were the result of a failed experiment. So does this mean that our mad scientist actually tried to create a portal out of the Constant? Was it because he wanted to help our survivors or was it simply another experiment just for scientific purposes, and the survivors are just playthings for him at this point? Did he use the lunar energy he harvested from the Celestial Champion?

 

I'm hyped for all the lore, so feel free to discuss your thoughts here:D I personally think that Wagstaff is just experimenting for his own goals, and he doesn't care that the survivors are destined to suffer from his actions. The Unnatural Portal doesn't only seem to be a way in, but also a (failed) way out of the Constant. So I believe that Wagstaff is still obsessed with bringing the Constant's magic into the real world in a reliable manner, whatever the consequences.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragonboooorn    833
11 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Didn't want to post this in General Discussion, as there might be people who want to avoid spoilers. The character quotes make it obvious that the Unnatural Portal and the monkey island are all Wagstaff's doing, even if they were the result of a failed experiment. So does this mean that our mad scientist actually tried to create a portal out of the Constant? Was it because he wanted to help our survivors or was it simply another experiment just for scientific purposes, and the survivors are just playthings for him at this point? Did he use the lunar energy he harvested from the Celestial Champion?

 

I'm hyped for all the lore, so feel free to discuss your thoughts here:D I personally think that Wagstaff is just experimenting for his own goals, and he doesn't care that the survivors are destined to suffer from his actions. The Unnatural Portal doesn't only seem to be a way in, but also a (failed) way out of the Constant. So I believe that Wagstaff is still obsessed with bringing the Constant's magic into the real world in a reliable manner, whatever the consequences.

I bet Wagstaffs main motive is monk  e curse

Having ability to turn into a monk   e is worth taking all those risks of destroying worlds and universe itself

Edited by Dragonboooorn
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CactusCompanion    1352

Wagstaff seems to just be a third party trying to bring constant technology and magic to Earth, from what i wager

maybe leaves the nightmare throne when he realizes he cant use it to bring the tech over

but who knows!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waoling    1231

Maybe he try to connect the two world, and the unnatural portal have that lunar spark so I think it pretty clear he use some of that energy to open this portal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chesterxito    51

mmmmmm

definitly is a portal designed to go somewhere else

perhaps a bootleg ancient gateway/sealed portal that didn't worked

my guess is that is a failed wagstaff experiment and he just gave up trying to fix the portal

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chincer    172

i would assume the portal infact leads to shipwreck and the monkeys got through the portal as well, thing are constantly getting suck in from there as well
wagstaff is likely to blame, i dont trust that guy, why you think my avatar is him? i need to keep a close eye on him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moonatik    397

He just wanted to chill in Shipwrecked, so he kicked the monkeys to our world for some peace.

Next move: the volcano.

1 minute ago, chincer said:

i would assume the portal infact leads to shipwreck and the monkeys got through the portal as well, thing are constantly getting suck in from there as well
wagstaff is likely to blame, i dont trust that guy, why you think my avatar is him? i need to keep a close eye on him

See, I knew it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    19264

To me this looks like Wagstaff is becoming this 'default explanation' in dst's lore
-How did survivors end up in the Constant? Wagstaff (directly or indirectly)

-Why is this thing here? Wagstaff

-What is the new content amassing to? Wagstaff

Maybe that's just my bias since I've seen something similar already happen to Purple Guy/William Afton in fnaf games and wouldn't wish that upon Wagstaff

Don't get me wrong, I like the addition of the portal and it was obvious that he would return

It's just that.. what's the lore behind that? Did that happen after the events of RoT or prior to them? Was Wagstaff trying to find the Throne Room and accidentaly made a rift to a better timeline where Klei still cared about ds and its dlcs? Can't he just hologram his way through the Constant, isn't the rod with his radio still somewhere near the Throne?

Like I said, at this point it's Wagstaff who is the main antagonist of dst and Charlie in't even a minor one, she's straight up just a side character now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dextops    4083
43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

To me this looks like Wagstaff is becoming this 'default explanation' in dst's lore
-How did survivors end up in the Constant? Wagstaff (directly or indirectly)

I don’t think having someone be the name pin for a lot of the story is inherently a bad thing my favourite book series of all time “20th century boys” does this perfectly but with wagstaff I don’t think the problem is that he caused it, it’s that it is sometimes a very lazy explanation for why things happen  the way they do. The same thing is what happened with fnaf with William Afton but I see the problem more with how lazy the explanations can be and not that it’s all just wagstaff

(We also have not much ideas of his goals unlike we had with maxwell which is a lot worse IMO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for my two cents he doesnt care if they die or if they live all hes doing is using them as test subjects or lab rats to further his study in the constant but mainly the lunar aspects of the constant hes probably gonna be the villain of the third dst arc anyways so we will probably fight him or atleast a creation from him 

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now