ALCRD    2780
On 6/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, Waoling said:

How do you play DST?

I press buttons on my keyboard aswell as move my mouse around and click it's buttons from time to time.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

If it's a solo world, I rush ruins, bosses, and other useful items because it's fun to me. If I stick with the world, I'll swap between base building and other casual stuff, to more bosses.

In multiplayer I focus on keeping everyone else alive and doing boss fights with them whenever everyone else is prepared, or I play as mentioned above if the other players can also survive on their own.

• Like 1

Ornge    894
On 6/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, Waynel said:

that's one sweaty orange

In my defence, its surprisingly easy to just live off of foraged items. Probably doesn't work as well in multiplayer but oh well. I suppose not going past day 100 also has something to do with it

• Like 1

Nixeon_    3

i mostly just collect stuff make a little base and just have fun! buuuttt usually i just end up always looking for food since i always play as wigfrid Xd

CaptainChaotica    6588

Obligatory snarky/literal answer:  "How" do I play DST?  On a PC that's way too old, with arrow keys.

Actual answer:  Chill.  I usually play alone, I explore a lot, I build as much base as I want, I don't care about high-value/rare items, bosses are meh and the caves are meh.   I live in nice places instead of dangerous places.  I eat and cook uncool foods.  I grow whatever crops I grow.  I make things like drying racks and tooth traps. I sometimes build things like walls/fences just because it makes the base LOOK more like a base (although, it DOES seem Deerclops will target walls first and leave other stuff alone until they're all destroyed so...  Unless that's been tweaked, of course.)

I do enjoy some form of challenge, but more...person-vs-nature, rather than combat style.  I always randomise my seasons, and I usually use a mod to make SURE they're good and random.  And sometimes I'll do stuff like the "March of Civilization" challenge, which restricts what you're allowed to build/use when.  Oh, and I use Huge worlds, so it takes longer to finish exploring and can feel more open and wilderness-ish. I've also been known to use the "Thirst" mod on occasion.

I don't change characters, unless I'm playing Wilderness mode and die.  I know the portal is a thing but I think like, "This is a (character name here) run" and think in terms of what that character can/can't do, as a theme that helps me structure my gameplay for a good long while.  I don't full-out roleplay but I do like to keep the character's personality in mind, too.

The only thing I rush is trying to find a gold nugget in time before the first hounds come, so I can have a proper logsuit and spear.  Also a crock pot, because I like boring-but-filling meals to be available when necessary.  

I like to find the main road of the world and plant trees along it, because that way you still know where the road is when it's covered in snow.  :)  (Except for Wendy's latest world, which ended up with a mostly-summer climate, so for that one I used marble trees.)

My highest-day-count base ever (so far) looked like this on Day 600:

day600baby.png.a11454d83ed2037eb7119ac3032fda54.png

...and I still haven't upped my style much since.  : P
(This wasn't the ENTIRE base; there were parts on other screens that were still part of it.  But you get the idea.)

...Notorious

Baark0    1824

So much murder that I think ive seen an affix besides "scrappy" for my critters once (it was crafty btw)

• Haha 1