minespatch    96123
14 minutes ago, goblinball said:

My personal headcanon is that the shadow watcher is either the author of the codex umbra or a previous owner of it.

Could be interesting if that's the case. I'm thinking it's Skits due to the Maxwell lore connection.

• Like 1

Waoling    1231

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

People got angry at me when I suggested that could be his wife, which would explain the daughter. 

Shadow creature can have gender?

Edited by Waoling

minespatch    96123
29 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Just a theory as to why the daughter exists.

GetNerfedOn    8876

- maxwell red bird quote implicating the fire lands

- woodie lore

-  how do shipwrecked and hamlet connect to the constant as a whole? 

- despite their return we stull cannot fully comprehend Them

- the archives sealed portal and the rest of the decorations which provide no current lore significance despite them ostensibly being a massive lore dump

• Like 4

Cassielu    1113

At the end of Adventure Mode, Maxwell says he's always dapper to keep his distance from "Them".

Well, Alter does have something to do with sanity, but it's high sanity rather than low sanity. So Maxwell was moving closer to them, not away from them. Why would he do that?

• Like 2

Cheggf    9506
25 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

At the end of Adventure Mode, Maxwell says he's always dapper to keep his distance from "Them".

Well, Alter does have something to do with sanity, but it's high sanity rather than low sanity. So Maxwell was moving closer to them, not away from them. Why would he do that?

Them is the shadow creatures.

• Like 1

Dr. Safety    6349
3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Interesting theory but I'm not convinced. 

Reason being is that the way our survivors made their way to the gorge in the first place was because they were traveling through the gateway since the Gateway is what's connecting dimensions.

I don't see how Warly went from being captured via Maxwell and thrown into the constant (since Maxwell enticed him in exhange for curing his mom) to somehow ending up in the Gorge instead.

Fair. Even still I'd say it's a safe bet that it was either Warly or some human we haven't seen yet. If the question of "who" has an answer, I'm convinced it has to be Warly

• Like 2

jan Mele    1261
3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

- maxwell red bird quote implicating the fire lands

-  how do shipwrecked and hamlet connect to the constant as a whole? 

Since knowing about the events, I thought that the constant is a lot bigger than the sections we know about.

Maxwell made dis. 

Edited by jan Mele

I am Armor    66
3 hours ago, Cassielu said:

As cheggf and Cassielu said, at the time when avdenture mode was made Them was most likely the shadow creatures but They were revealed  to be Alter and the moon. They also explained why Maxwell is calling the shadow creatures Them becuse when inspecting the remains of the Celestial champion he says this 

I don't know what to believe. All this time, I thought that They were...

heavily implying he thought they were the shadows but now realizing They are Alter.

Cheggf    9506
1 hour ago, Cassielu said:

At the time, it was possible, but apparently the writers responsible for the subsequent stories didn't think so.

According to?

Nino123    456
15 hours ago, lakhnish said:

• During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.

I think it's Warly : in the picture made for his arrival in the game, he seems to be in the Gorge (according to the stone house behind).

EAVtB_tVAAAZf6Z.jpg

12 hours ago, Dextops said:

i unsubscribe from this idea since we see multiple species of merm meaning they had to have gone through some evolution and changes. I do not think wurt was ever a human at all and i think it'd be dumb to assume that without thinking about it for a second, but those are just my thoughts

I don't think ther is many merm species. Just some totally muted goats and some half-muted ones. The half ones kept horns, like Wurt or soldiers. But they all could come from Gorge goats. Why does Klei would have invented the Gorge's merm mutation thing otherwise ?

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

lakhnish    6165
3 hours ago, maradyne said:

Whatever Charlie was doing with the energy from the gate realms.

We know that nightmare fuel and the mysterious white energy was being used to fuel the Ancient gateway and she's got her hand on the tragic torch, which is fueled by the lunar energy.

My guess is she'll use it to jump start the Sealed Portal, since we see her making her way in the Ancient Archive biome and the only thing of onterest that is left is the Sealed Portal that still remains shut after the power turned on.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

According to?

I think they mean Klei had a different idea that Them would be shadows during early development but it later changed to that Them to be clearly refering to Alter and the moon. 

So that line of having to stay dapper isn't so right now, unless they somehow address that line. 

Edited by lakhnish

Dextops    4089
1 hour ago, Nino123 said:

I don't think ther is many merm species. Just some totally muted goats and some half-muted ones. The half ones kept horns, like Wurt or soldiers. But they all could come from Gorge goats. Why does Klei would have invented the Gorge's merm mutation thing otherwise ?

fisher merms, and i don't know how they'd be half mutated in the first place

1 hour ago, Nino123 said:

Why does Klei would have invented the Gorge's merm mutation thing otherwise ?

to serve as the first origin for merms, not as the only way merms can exist

• Like 2

Nino123    456

Like the boar (or badger) is in Gorge, maybe (he only has a scaled hand). Also, Wortow call Wurt Goaty (or something like that). She probably is a mutated goat kid sended in Constant before her mutation ended.

Fisher mems are just red...

Dextops    4089
1 minute ago, Nino123 said:

Like the boar (or badger) is in Gorge, maybe (he only has a scaled hand). Also, Wortow call Wurt Goaty (or something like that). She probably is a mutated goat kid sended in Constant before her mutation ended.

Fisher mems are just red...

i don't remember any instance of wortox calling wurt goaty. Idk whats up with the boar and why they're half mutated your guess would be as good as mine. and fisher merms are a different type of merm, but are still merms which is why i think they've evolved meaning they all don't come from the gnaw. If they were to all come from gorge then merms would've been extinct before any of the survivors came. They existed before maxwell and without more influx of things to mermify their presence would've disappeared from the constant

• Like 2

Bumber64    363
8 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Fair. Even still I'd say it's a safe bet that it was either Warly or some human we haven't seen yet. If the question of "who" has an answer, I'm convinced it has to be Warly

Warly's father.

SomebodyRandom    1446
13 hours ago, Waoling said:

No need for gender to marry a man, or to be called a wife for that matter. Shadow creatures could very well use the nightmare fuel for a human disguise or something. As for the daughter, the parents could've done surrogacy or adoption. (Which could explain why she looks so much like a relative of Webber)

Dragonboooorn    835
14 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I'm gonna kill someones dream by saying this but... I'm not entirely sure he has any lore. Other than what they've been trying to add/hint at with the Walter trailer. 
I think its why his short was more action-y than lore-y. He was a "suggestion" character after all. He was born from a suggestion from someone wayyyyyyy back in early DS days because the team wanted more "wacky" characters! I believe his birth came from more of a want for fun than lore. Blessed be Captain Canada. 

I mean... Even Wes have a lore and reason behind entering the Constant. 

Why Woodie is so... "unloved" from Klei writers?

• Like 1

jan Mele    1261
17 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Wes have a lore and reason behind entering the Constant. 

My least favourite refresh , for various reasons. This is one of them.