Should Klei add a new Holiday?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei add a new Holiday?

Waoling    1208

Valentine, it spring and love is in the air but there no love in the constant or is it? Some of the fandom doesn't seem to think so, there so much love in the constant, like love for family and maybe for your assistance but the most important love of all is the love for your friends, which why I think it should be in DST since it multiplayer game.

Edited by Waoling
  • Like 2

Mike23Ua    14563

No- they’ve added enough, and the more “Holidays” they add the further stretched out the content schedule gets with needing to update and maintain those holiday events.

MidSummers Cawnival is the FURTHEST from Dont Starve that I’d personally like to see the franchise go.. And since Midsummers Cawnival is an annual yearly event now (with significant additions teased for this upcoming one in June) we have enough “Side-Content” what I would REALLY like more than anything in the world is a ton more base game content, new biomes, reworked biomes, new mobs, new mob behaviors, new seasons.. New World Gen & World Gen Setting options that significantly impact the way I play the game, Oh and obviously a more fleshed out Ocean and Caves system.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

ALCRD    2671

They will run out of popular holidays to base them off of at this point.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

Waoling    1208

KLEI used to do valentine, why can't they do it now??

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No- they’ve added enough, and the more “Holidays” they add the further stretched out the content schedule gets with needing to update and maintain those holiday events.

MidSummers Cawnival is the FURTHEST from Dont Starve that I’d personally like to see the franchise go.. And since Midsummers Cawnival is an annual yearly event now (with significant additions teased for this upcoming one in June) we have enough “Side-Content” what I would REALLY like more than anything in the world is a ton more base game content, new biomes, reworked biomes, new mobs, new mob behaviors, new seasons.. New World Gen & World Gen Setting options that significantly impact the way I play the game, Oh and obviously a more fleshed out Ocean and Caves system.

This is DST where dream come true, and it's fine that you don't like it but this is the direction Klei want the game to go so you shouldn't hold them back.

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

They will run out of popular holidays to base them off of at this point.

Most of the world celebrate Valentine but no one celebrate Summer carnival.

10 minutes ago, bigGMIW said:

I'd rather they spend the resources on regular content updates.

But I want Webber to dress in cute chocolate and flowery costume.

Spino43    1269

Yes, and I think it would be cool if it's in Caves. Caves has really limited event stuffs, so having one dedicated for Caves is awesome.

IanKSB91    345
42 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Proof of that claim regarding Summer carnival?

Cause summer carnivals are a common thing across the world especially in tourist towns.

I confirm this, in my town circuses and kermeses are very common in summer.

• Like 2

Lumine04    185

No more new holidays, just add on to the ones we got.

Mad lab could use more potions

Midsummer could used sanity restoring rides

Year of ___ all need for quirky items

Winters feast could give more bosses new attacks like they did deerclops 

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Cause summer carnivals are a common thing across the world especially in tourist towns.

I guess my states summer fair doesnt exist anymore. But seriously there iz no proof summer carnivals are everywhere.

Edited by Lumine04
  • Like 1

Notecja    3029
1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

I bet, it's only because winter is too cold for that, but I cannot say it's a thing I really connect with summer.

To me more connection with summer have bbq and garden parties (sometimes with cheap smoll pool) or going to sea to swim in water. 

Waoling    1208
10 hours ago, ALCRD said:

What I was trying to say was summer carnivals are not as popular or mainstream as valentine.

minespatch    95596
8 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

. I'd personally love the annual April Fools acknowledgement to return or something macabre to come after Halloween, something to do with the personalized unused character skulls for Dio des Muertos.

196341693_smithoapustajaomega.png.1d1a184509bc845cce33468f900ab6f8.png5b5589e717c93_20180723-Pithposadaskins.thumb.png.bac6912311b251dfe4f430d5d8310f47.png

Yes! Especially if the holiday is named "posada" or something along the terms to give tribute to the artist.

• Like 2

ALCRD    2671
7 hours ago, Waoling said:

What I was trying to say was summer carnivals are not as popular or mainstream as valentine.

That's just your opinion.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Thanks 1