Powdercake

Wortox should be able to soulhop while mounted.

Powdercake    4

You can telepoof on a beefalo, you should be able to soulhop on a beefalo, this would fix currently existing anti-synergy, klei pls.

• Like 4

ShadowbirdRH    21

I don't see any reason not to implement it. I was considering briefly that it might need to double the soul cost, but since the Lazy Explorer doesn't use twice the durability (it doesn't, right?) when mounted, I see no reason why it should need twice the souls.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    14506

Here’s the thing, if Wortox could soul hop a Beefalo.. He could ALSO Grab another survivor by the arm and Soul Hop them..

Aka Nightcrawler from the X-men Franchise, but that’s not who Wortox is.. and his Soul Hopping Ability only works for Him & Him Alone: Otherwise you run into a Lore Loophole where he could’ve just Soul Hopped all the trapped survivors out of the constant- the same way he Soul Hopped out of DST into Terraria to steal the Terrarium & bring it back to DST.

Besides: If your Beefalo is bonded to you by a Bell it will come to you anyway on its own.. this just seems like an extra unnecessary thing the character doesn’t really need.

Bumber64    221
23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s the thing, if Wortox could soul hop a Beefalo.. He could ALSO Grab another survivor by the arm and Soul Hop them..

Then you'd also be able to telepoof with another player, which you can't.

• Like 1

Powdercake    4
On 5/15/2022 at 4:27 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Aka Nightcrawler from the X-men Franchise, but that’s not who Wortox is.. and his Soul Hopping Ability only works for Him & Him Alone: Otherwise you run into a Lore Loophole where he could’ve just Soul Hopped all the trapped survivors out of the constant- the same way he Soul Hopped out of DST into Terraria to steal the Terrarium & bring it back to DST.

Besides: If your Beefalo is bonded to you by a Bell it will come to you anyway on its own.. this just seems like an extra unnecessary thing the character doesn’t really need.

I'm pretty sure krampi and Klaus are of same species as Wortox and also travel via soulhopping, so theoretically he can put survivor in krampus sack similarily how they were trying to steal beef in a short.

Sure bonded beefalo will teleport after you, but first you have to get off wait get back on so this would be a welcoming quality of life change, secondly and more importantly you will be able to use it in combat in order to dodge, because as of now you basically can't use souls while mounted - you can heal yourself but you don't take damage, and you can't soulhop.

goatt    928
2 hours ago, Powdercake said:

how they were trying to steal beef in a short.

Just curious, can they steal a bell bonded to a beef then? Will the beef follow them into void after they disappear?

ArubaroBeefalo    18253
4 hours ago, goatt said:

Just curious, can they steal a bell bonded to a beef then? Will the beef follow them into void after they disappear?

they stole the bell but only breakes the bound

dont ask me why i know this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Powdercake    4
4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they stole the bell but only breakes the bound

dont ask me why i know this

oh no

it doen't break domestication though, right?

Edited by Powdercake

ArubaroBeefalo    18253
1 hour ago, Powdercake said:

oh no

it doen't break domestication though, right?

nope, breaking the bond simply makes the beefalo uneable to follow that bell but domestication isnt attached to it