NekoSoulx    60

Hello forum :lemo:.

The reason im asking this is geniune curiosity, i want to now the popular opinion of who's the best character to rush bee queen.

We all know bee queen is one of the most "harder" bosses to dealt with cause you pretty much have to tank a lot in almost every strat so im trying to figure out who's the best survivor to do this.

But right now i want to have some fun too, so im gonna turn this into a challenge to you all!

Allow me to explain the rules to participe in this if you wanna to:

1. First let's define what's a rush, a rush its when you do something in a videogame as fast as you can but in this case im only gonna consider a rush if this happens before day 10, so this means for me its only a rush if you kill bee queen in the first 10 days.
  2. You can't use mods of any kind.
  3. You can't use exploits, to be honest i actually consider exploits a valid strat but the true is exploits can be patched anytime so just for this time im not gonna allow exploit strats(yeah im talking about the wendy boat strat).
  4. You have to explain your strat in great detail.

Well now im gonna start with my own strat

Im claimed it righ here Winona is the best bee queen rusher and if you dont agree then prove me wrong!

My strat: First i have to say that my best record is day 6 in a pub but cause this is not much consistent im gonna choose the day 7 as my perfect day to rush bee queen. Also im pretty sure a better winona player can do this in day 5 but righ now since im taking a break from the game i can't achieve this myself. :P 

What do you need? 4 1/2 (four and a half) stacks of rocks. 14 trusty tapes. 36 twigs. 4 logs. 42 nitre(maybe less). 2-4 football helmets. some healing items(5-10 butterfly wings, 2-7 spider glands) and maybe some cobblestone.

How to do it? Your are gonna put a set of two generators each with 6 catapults in the road near the bee queen(in case theres no road near bee queen you are gonna use the cobble stone you find inside mosaic biome) and then you only have to do 3 things. First you need to keep the aggro of bee queen you can do this by kitting some of her hits using the extra speed of the road or hitting some grumble bees. Second you have to refuel the generators with nitre every time you see they are low of fuel. And the last thing you have to do its avoid damage as much as you can, this is not a tank strat you need to be carefull and not let the queen hit you a lot.

Now the reason why i think this strat is the best to rush bee queen its cause is really safe and clean, you dont need to tank a lot and its a reusable strat, you can even change the generators to gemerators later in your gameplay and you can pull this pretty early in the game.

And as i said before i want to discuss this and even try some of the strats that you all can put here, thats all, thanks for reading. :wickerbottomthanks:

• Ninja 1

Cheggf    8604

What even is an exploit? Unless someone reports something and it gets marked as going to be fixed how can we know it isn't intended? The boat strat has been in the game for many years and Klei has to be aware of it, but it's not fixed. 

• Like 2

Ohan    4561

Wickerbottom has to be up there. 5 On Tentacles, a bunch of grass walls and enough weaponry to get the 5 spots and fend off shadows while casting the books, some armor for safety, sanity food and thats it. And a lil healing ofc

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 1

mr. brj    496
1 hour ago, NekoSoulx said:

First let's define what's a rush, a rush its when you do something in a videogame as fast as you can but in this case im only gonna consider a rush if this happens before day 10, so this means for me its only a rush if you kill bee queen in the first 10 days.

I know that the majority of players (roughly) consider this as the definition for rushing, but I always considered rushing as completing a major objective before any other major objective. As in, you could visit the ruins to get a magiluminessence to use during the Bee Queen fight, but should this really count as rushing the Bee Queen? An early ruins visit (especially for the mag) is definitely a major objective in itself, so I find it fair to not count a Bee Queen fight with a magiluminessence as a rushed Bee Queen fight. One could still use other resources to compensate for the lack of the magiluminessence, or you could just say that rushing the Bee Queen is a luxury gifted only to a few characters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is just my idea for rushing though, so feel free to disagree.

As for the question, I rate Wendy as the most consistent Bee Queen rusher, but if the circumstances are right, Wolfgang is the clear winner. It's always circumstantial though. If you found a cave entrance that literally spawned next to the ruins entrance without any monkey houses, lots of lichen to lower your sanity and lots of thulecite walls that are close to each other (and of course if you are a god-tier kiter) even Wanda could do it under 2 days.

Edited by mr. brj
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

NekoSoulx    60
2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

What even is an exploit? Unless someone reports something and it gets marked as going to be fixed how can we know it isn't intended? The boat strat has been in the game for many years and Klei has to be aware of it, but it's not fixed. 

well if you want me to be more explicit just the boat and oven strats.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

Wendy. It's Wendy.

Abigail's Immunity frames and AOE damage means that she can tear the grumble bees to shreds. And without grumble bees, you can basically just face-tank the queen herself without much worry.

Not to mention that it's a lot cheaper than with Winona, especially sense Abigail's the queen of killing spiders, thus meaning you can easily get enough silk for a series of bee hats.

And per your request. That's without Exploits. If you really wanted to have fun with it, you could also use a boat and marble armors to tank Bee Queen without her moving at all

those are some old videos, i was expecting something new, i mean wendy is pretty good when it comes to rush bee queen but i wanted something fresh from the comunity.

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

wolfgang is still the only character that can kill bee queen on day 1 solo

can you make a video showing that?

NoodlemanNed    181
2 hours ago, NekoSoulx said:

but i wanted something fresh from the comunity.

unfortunately the only fresh strats are the ones where wolfgang kills her on day 1 or 2

• Sad 1

Theukon-dos    4020
3 hours ago, NekoSoulx said:

those are some old videos, i was expecting something new, i mean wendy is pretty good when it comes to rush bee queen but i wanted something fresh from the comunity.

I mean, I don't see why there would be anything new. Nothing of note has changed between Wendy, Abigail, and Bee Queen sense the refresh. So it's not like any newfangled technique could have popped up.

• Like 1

HowlVoid    8661

Best bee queen rusher is Guille (not click bait)!

Though this is using a bug... And it's (outdated), not sure what that means.

If I had to make a list it would be:

1. Wolfgang

2. Wendy

3. Wigfrid

4. Wilson/On tentacles?

4.5 Warly/On tentacles?

5. Wormwood/On tentacles?/Wes

6. Walter

You'd want to fight bee queen as soon as you spot her and devise a "wall" method to try and kill her with as few resources possible.

The wall distracts the grumbles and from then on its just a matter of tanking with minimum healing and marble suits/football helmets (Not sure if anyone but Wendy can get silk fast enough). On tentacles ensures a good auto farm but due to the RNG of tentacle spots, gathering of reeds and getting an alchemy engine (which book needs it again?) It varies a lot. 

Walter is just a mess trying to rush this fight, but that's okay because no one likes Walter.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Dextops    3889
6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

no one likes Walter.

don't you literally main a farming character

MrSoratori    452

Wendy > Wicker > Wanda/Wolfgang > Wx > Winona in my opinion [time to gather resources and to do the setup needeed]

If you are playing with friends a WormTox combo can do the same time as any wendy but u need both to make it work

Edited by MrSoratori

NekoSoulx    60
4 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

I mean, I don't see why there would be anything new. Nothing of note has changed between Wendy, Abigail, and Bee Queen sense the refresh. So it's not like any newfangled technique could have popped up.

i wasnt talking about wendy my friend.

1 hour ago, MrSoratori said:

Wendy > Wicker > Wanda/Wolfgang > Wx > Winona in my opinion [time to gather resources and to do the setup needeed]

If you are playing with friends a WormTox combo can do the same time as any wendy but u need both to make it work

can you please make a video of wanda, wx and wolfy rushing bee queen? i mean right now i cant find any video of post rework wolfy rushing bee queen, and i have never see a beequeen rush with wanda or wx so... yep right now the reworks are hitting the game and i dont have any proof to a lot of what people are saying and to be fair im gonna show a video of my Nona strat in day 6 so please make a video to show me how wolfy wx and wanda can rush bee queen better. thanks cx

goatt    906
2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Though this is using a bug... And it's (outdated), not sure what that means.

It's outdated because now grumble bees follow path finding but don't fly exactly on the path. They fly slightly off the path and can't block each other at a narrow maze entrance.

• Sad 1

MrSoratori    452
1 hour ago, NekoSoulx said:

can you please make a video of wanda, wx and wolfy rushing bee queen? i mean right now i cant find any video of post rework wolfy rushing bee queen, and i have never see a beequeen rush with wanda or wx so... yep right now the reworks are hitting the game and i dont have any proof to a lot of what people are saying and to be fair im gonna show a video of my Nona strat in day 6 so please make a video to show me how wolfy wx and wanda can rush bee queen better. thanks cx

i have potato pc friend ok sure i can show how to kite her and what materials u need but wanda/wx need ruins stuff [1 crown for wanda/2 for wx and a magi+club for speed] AND some flutes to do so 

My last attempt playin as wx pos rework i did it in day 18 [AG/dfly/bqueen and eye of cthullu] 

Spoiler

20220421100031_1.jpg

20220421100741_1.jpg

20220421101735_1.jpg

20220421104502_1.jpg

20220421110206_1.jpg

20220421113521_1.jpg

20220421113847_1.jpg

20220421114054_1.jpg

i send a trashy video in ur DM check it out  

Edited by MrSoratori
  • Thanks 1

NekoSoulx    60
2 hours ago, MrSoratori said:

i have potato pc friend ok sure i can show how to kite her and what materials u need but wanda/wx need ruins stuff [1 crown for wanda/2 for wx and a magi+club for speed] AND some flutes to do so 

My last attempt playin as wx pos rework i did it in day 18 [AG/dfly/bqueen and eye of cthullu] 

Reveal hidden contents

20220421100031_1.jpg

20220421100741_1.jpg

20220421101735_1.jpg

20220421104502_1.jpg

20220421110206_1.jpg

20220421113521_1.jpg

20220421113847_1.jpg

20220421114054_1.jpg

i send a trashy video in ur DM check it out  

Thank you so much dude, not only to you but to all the good people that leave a comment here, right now thanks to this topic i reinstalled the dst and i beat my personal record, it felt so good!!! i killed bee queen on day 5 using Winona's heart! thanks you so much! :D:D:excitement::excitement: i even made a video out of it, for the record Winona is an excellent bee queen rusheer only superpassed by wendy and maybe wolfy idk. :victorious:

• Like 1

loopuleasa    1992

Wolf and Wendy

Wanda would be up there, but you have to rush ruins first (which imo is a more important objective, while BQ can be delayed)

• Like 2

MrSoratori    452
20 hours ago, NekoSoulx said:

even made a video out of it

where is it?? i wanna watch 

Edited by MrSoratori

Mday    494
On 5/12/2022 at 1:54 AM, Ohan said:

Wickerbottom has to be up there. 5 On Tentacles, a bunch of grass walls and enough weaponry to get the 5 spots and fend off shadows while casting the books, some armor for safety, sanity food and thats it. And a lil healing ofc

if you are lucky you can get spots from catcoon.

NekoSoulx    60
On 5/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, MrSoratori said:

where is it?? i wanna watch 

Here 

was busy sorry for the wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1